PDA

View Full Version : RNC Surpasses DNC in August Fundraising.....

MMC
09-21-2011, 07:04 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican National Committee raised about $8.2 million in August, far outpacing its Democratic rival in a typically slow fundraising month.

The Democratic National Committee reported that it raised $5.4 million last month, including $1.4 million for the Obama Victory Fund, a joint fundraising account by the DNC and Obama's campaign.

The DNC finished the month with $16.6 million in cash and $11.1 million in debt.

The RNC ended August with $9.3 million in cash and $15.9 million in debt. Republicans said it was the largest amount of money the RNC has raised during the month of August in a non-election year.....snip~

Now what I would like to know is Why are they in debt? Why are two political parties in debt when they shouldn't be. How can they overspend? Who allows them to overspend themselves? Who allows them to go into debt? >:(

1.4 million for the Obama Victory Fund? :-\

Conley
09-21-2011, 08:35 AM
How the heck do those two groups carry so much debt?

These a-holes really are out of control...

Conley
09-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I'd guess with the exception of the Obama frenzy the RNC usually collects more money than the DNC. Still the debt on both of these organizations makes one question how they are being run. Steele was a joke though, wasn't he.

Mister D
09-22-2011, 09:31 AM
I'd guess with the exception of the Obama frenzy the RNC usually collects more money than the DNC. Still the debt on both of these organizations makes one question how they are being run. Steele was a joke though, wasn't he.

Steele was awful. Remembefr that hip hop blog or whatever he started to attarct young blacks to the GOP? ::) I was embarrassed for him.

Conley
09-22-2011, 09:35 AM

Steele was awful. Remembefr that hip hop blog or whatever he started to attarct young blacks to the GOP? ::) I was embarrassed for him.

:D That was awesome!

I need to go look that up at some point today.

MC Steele in da hizzy! O0

Mister D
09-22-2011, 09:41 AM

:D That was awesome!

I need to go look that up at some point today.

MC Steele in da hizzy! O0

I don't remember what it was called or if it's even around anymore but if you do a search I'm sure you will find plenty of commentary about it. What an awful idea.