PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's car needed paint~

valley ranch
06-23-2016, 08:50 PM
It needed paint, what color do you think she would want?

valley ranch
06-23-2016, 08:52 PM
That's right, as Pink as PINK can be.

FindersKeepers
06-23-2016, 08:53 PM
LOL

How cute.

sachem
06-23-2016, 09:06 PM
Pink?

Pepto.

Subdermal
06-23-2016, 09:57 PM
Ugh.

I auto paint as a hobby. Did you use an HVLP sprayer? Base/clear system?

valley ranch
06-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Subdermal, I am/was a painter, owned Paint & Metal Arts years ago. I use my standard vacuum guns as of old. I do have a HVLP but have used it seldom. I've used it on our sailboat hatch.

I use Synthetic Enamel the real paint, its colored glue, takes a while to dry, but last forever. Can't buy it in California but it is to be had in Nevada. It's the only thing that will stay on heavy equipment like tractors and such.

We, wife and I, used Nason, made by Dupont. With metalic in the clear coat. The clear coat isn't as good, don't like it as well as the transparent synthetic I used to use, I'll see if I can get hold of some if I do another, it's heaver and will flo better.

valley ranch
06-25-2016, 11:47 AM
I'm not fond of the color but that's what she wanted. The metalic is so heavy it hurts the eye when the sun hits it. Here it hadn't been detailed yet.

It got dark by the time I shot the last coat, I had a charley brown that I fixed yesterday.

Crepitus
06-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Better than I coulda done. I always farm out the paint and final body stuff. I don't have the patience for it.

PolWatch
06-25-2016, 12:19 PM
If she is a teenager, she hasn't realized how easy that paint job makes it for people to report her whereabouts to Mom & Dad. My son loved the 280Z that my husband bought him....until he realized he was easily spotted in it! He swore he couldn't pull out of the driveway without someone calling us to tell us they had seen him. (small town...ya gotta love 'em)

JDubya
06-27-2016, 08:50 AM
Many years ago I lived across the street from this cute young gal who drove a pink Chevy S-10 pickup.

It had a bumper sticker on it that said "Haulin' Ass" or something like that.

Rebel
07-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Honestly doesn't look that bad! She will certainly stand out!! That black on the bottom of the body looks different though - is it bedliner?? Gives it a good accent.

I've done some painting here and there. I painted some calipers and stuff the other day but I've never had the courage to paint the whole damn truck lol.

Nice work! :)

valley ranch
09-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Hi Rebel, RE the black~ It's Synthetic Enamel with glitter in the clear coat. Use to own: Paint & Metal Arts, in Torrance, California~I was the painter.

Richard