PDA

View Full Version : The Iran hikers are idiots

hotwire
09-21-2011, 11:19 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/21/lawyer-for-2-us-hikers-says-bail-deal-approved/

These idiots wanted to go hiking,So where to go?How about near the Iranian border.No where better than that.How about next time near North Korea.
And iam to feel sorry for these complete morons.They deserved what they got.And dont get me wrong,I hate Iran.All those islamic nations are backward
shitholes and are managed by evil muslim beasts.

Mister D
09-21-2011, 11:21 AM
:D I tend to agree. Not the smartest idea for a getaway.

Mister D
09-21-2011, 11:21 AM
They are probably all liberals too. ;D

Conley
09-21-2011, 11:35 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/21/lawyer-for-2-us-hikers-says-bail-deal-approved/

These idiots wanted to go hiking,So where to go?How about near the Iranian border.No where better than that.How about next time near North Korea.
And iam to feel sorry for these complete morons.They deserved what they got.And dont get me wrong,I hate Iran.All those islamic nations are backward
shitholes and are managed by evil muslim beasts.

:D

All of this is true

Conley
09-21-2011, 11:35 AM

Don't assume too much but I think the three of them met at Cal Berkeley.

So uh....correct!

Mister D
09-21-2011, 11:48 AM

So uh....correct!

;D "People who are afraid to hike in Iran are just Islamohobes, man." Morons.

Elibe
09-21-2011, 12:02 PM
as i understand northern iraq is actually quite peaceful but it is still not a good place for a hike

Mister D
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
as i understand northern iraq is actually quite peaceful but it is still not a good place for a hike

Judging by the pictures I've seen, parts of Iran are gorgeous and it would be great to go hiking or sight seeing there except for the whole imprisonment thing... :-\

Conley
09-21-2011, 12:24 PM

So uh....correct!

;D "People who are afraid to hike in Iran are just Islamohobes, man." Morons.

I know what you meant, but it almost looks like Islamoholes. I think you just invented a new word! ;)

Elibe
09-21-2011, 12:25 PM
yes i agree maybe some day it will be different

Elibe
09-21-2011, 12:25 PM
meant for mister d

Mister D
09-21-2011, 12:38 PM
meant for mister d

Understood. As a matter of fact, I'd love to visit north Africa. The best preserved imperial Roman ruins are on the north African coast. Now, however, isn't the right time. The events of the last decade or so have made that trip a little hazardous.

Conley
09-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Yep, it's a big world, there are plenty of amazing and safe places to explore.

If you crave danger go climb a mountain, don't start an international incident.

Mister D
09-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Yep, it's a big world, there are plenty of amazing and safe places to explore.

If you crave danger go climb a mountain, don't start an international incident.

It's a shame though.

hotwire
09-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Who paid the ransom?Oh, I mean bail money?

Conley
09-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Who paid the ransom?Oh, I mean bail money?

I've been wondering that too. All told it's 1.5 Million in ransom. How is this not an issue for that useless organization the United Nations? Maybe they could do something productive.

Conley
09-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Turns out it was the Sultan of Oman:

Two American hikers who had been jailed in Iran for over two years were released on Wednesday after the sultan of Oman paid their $1 million bail. Sultan Qaboos bin Said also paid for the release of a third American hiker, Sarah Shourd, last year, the Associated Press reported.

The United States has no diplomatic relationship with Iran. This means that negotiations for the hikers' release have been handled by Swiss diplomats, who act as a channel of communication between the U.S. and Iran, with help from Omani and Iraqi diplomats and the hikers' attorney in Iran, Masoud Shafiei, who has been representing the three Americans in court.

The hikers were arrested in 2009, and had been sentenced to eight years in jail on suspicion of espionage and illegally crossing Iran's borders.

Shafiei told Agence France-Presse on Wednesday that the Omani government had posted the bail for the three hikers, a comment that was confirmed by National Journal sources. A State Department official would only confirm that the United States government "didn't pay anything."

Neither Swiss nor State Department officials would comment on whether the United States had asked the Omani government to intervene, or what the sultan hopes to receive in return for his generosity. Oman enjoys a strong relationship with both the United States and its gulf state neighbor.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/09/oman-foots-1-million-bail-to-free-us-hikers/245480/

I wonder what the Sultan will get in exchange.

Elibe
09-22-2011, 12:21 PM
one and a half million dollars seems like there is more to it