PDA

View Full Version : London rioters spare bookshop

Mister D
09-22-2011, 12:09 PM
:D ::)

The "joke" the next day was that the rioters do not know how to read. Simon, the manager of camping shop Blacks, watched it all from an upstairs window, hiding in terror as hundreds of looters plundered his shop and the street.

"They smashed our window, ripped the plasma TVs off our walls, took all our jackets and rucksacks. I saw them go into Claire's Accessories, break into NatWest, liberate our neighbours Toni & Guy of hair products. They carted off iPods from Currys, clothes from Debenhams, mobile phones from Carphone Warehouse. I was horrified.

"But Waterstone's, directly opposite us was untouched. For the looters it was as if it did not exist."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/get-london-reading/article-23988531-the-shop-that-no-rioter-wanted-to-loot-because-it-sells-books.do

Conley
09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
:D

Unbelievable...I guess the looters really do pay attention to which stores they're going into? I always assumed it was just a frenzied mass, not orderly shopping and carefully selecting what to steal.

Mister D
09-22-2011, 12:24 PM

Unbelievable...I guess the looters really do pay attention to which stores they're going into? I always assumed it was just a frenzied mass, not orderly shopping and carefully selecting what to steal.

Yeah, you'd think just their urge to destroy would have been enough to seal the store's fate but it looks like they just passed it by indifferently.

Savages...

Conley
09-22-2011, 12:30 PM

Yeah, you'd think just their urge to destroy would have been enough to seal the store's fate but it looks like they just passed it by indifferently.

Savages...

:D :D

Exactly! Who knew the mob was so calculating?