PDA

View Full Version : Computer tip for Firefox Users

Common
07-21-2016, 07:22 AM
For all Firefox users, that experience page ads and facebook mouseovers when you are trying to copy something that just annoy the hell out of you. There are measures you can take to stop it.

If you go to tools dir, on your menu bar click it and go to addons, click that and then click "get more addons" and install these few, it will make your life easier.

This is a list of what addons I use. I dont recommend you install ALL of them. I will suggest which at the bottom of the list.

Adblock Plus
Adblock Edge
Adblock Popup addon
FaceBook Ads block
Google Privacy
Google Search Link Fix
NO Google Analytics
TrackMeNot
Ublock origin
Ghostery

All of them run silent with no user interaction EXCEPT for Ghostery which is the best one of them all but a noob user could err with that by clicking too many boxs and clicking one they need. I use that one daily and eventually it makes all the sites you go to regularly a NON ad popup pleasure. If you want to install it and it puts a button right on your Toolbar that you click when your on a page, you check the boxs of what you want blocked hit reload button and Voila adds are gone.'

For those of you that are confident users by all means give it a shot

For Novice users at least install these, you wont know they are there. Once you gain confidence you can try others. I must have 30 addons doing different things at one time. I havent acutally counted them.

I hope this helps.

Adblock Plus
No google analytics
Trackmenot
Adblock popup addon

Common
07-21-2016, 07:24 AM
Oh btw with Ghostery I had to block 3 trackers on this site alone.

GoogleAdsense
Google Analytics
Stat Counter

CreepyOldDude
07-21-2016, 01:26 PM
Have you ever tried AdBlocker Ultimate?

Oboe
07-21-2016, 01:31 PM
I use adblocker ultimate.

Common
07-21-2016, 01:36 PM
No I havent, but then I havent looked for any new ones lately. Ghostery is just fantastic

Ill go get ultimate, thanks guys

Common
07-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Ok thats a different author, I installed it ill give it a go, but I dont get any ads now at all

AeonPax
08-02-2016, 11:55 AM
`
`
For those of you with a bit more technical savvy, also try Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/elemhidehelper/). It's especially useful for those sites that gray out the entire page underneath some stupid things the sites owners may want to say. Since it's all basically javascript, once you isolate the coding, those things will not reappear at that site again. It's also good for those ads that do escape adblocks subscription lists.