PDA

View Full Version : Returned Moderator: Chris

ADMIN
09-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Members of The Political Forums,

Please join me in welcoming Chris in his return as a member of our moderator team. Thanks to each of you for your contributions, and to Chris for working steadfastly for the improvement of The Political Forums.

ADMIN

Deadwood
09-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Congratulations Chris

Peter1469
09-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Welcome back!

Trinnity
09-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Welcome back Chris!!!

Carygrant
10-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Let's hope you smile occasionally .

Cedric
10-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Yaaaaaaaay Chris! Welcome back to to the grind. Being a moderator is often a thankless task but we should always be thankful when fellow posters are willing to shoulder that load for the benefit of everyone else. This is one of the smoothest operating forum systems I have ever seen, and it's you moderators making it work that way.

bladimz
10-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Hey, Chris. The newbie welcomes the master.

Trinnity
10-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Complaints or concerns with mods shall be handled in PMs,
not in public.

Chris
10-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks.

Time-we all got a life, don't we?--was why I left mods but asked I'm willing to put in as much as I can to help out. I like this place, find it rewarding, whether we agree or disagree on opinions and ideas.

I'm all for less moderation. In the troll thread I was the one who argued mods should do nothing, leave it to members. True, I did like the idea of a jury, but a jury of members, to make the place more democratic.

One thing I'd like to try, to offer, is the idea of acting as a mod who advocates for members. If you, as a member, have a problem, with the forum, a mod, whatever, send me a PM and I'll try to argue your case, anonymously if possible, act as go between, arbitrate. Naturally I understand I'd have to earn your trust. All I can do is offer.

Trinnity
10-02-2012, 07:12 AM
The thread is reopened.
Complaints about any issue are not to be posted here.

Carygrant
10-02-2012, 04:42 PM
What exactly promoted either of your comments , Trinnity ?
Had you been advised of a Virtual Reality drone attack ? ?

Conley
10-02-2012, 07:44 PM
What exactly promoted either of your comments , Trinnity ?
Had you been advised of a Virtual Reality drone attack ? ?

There was a lot of garbage in this thread that got taken out.

Akula
10-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Great..we don't have nearly enough moderators yet.
This guy might be cool but too many moderators looking for something to do to validate their "power" inevitably isn't good for the rest of us...

Captain Obvious
10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Chris isn't "cool" - he's classy.

He's so classy, he steps out of the shower to take a piss.

Chris
10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Great..we don't have nearly enough moderators yet.
This guy might be cool but too many moderators looking for something to do to validate their "power" inevitably isn't good for the rest of us...

Ain't no one doing that. We'd really rather play Maytag repairman.

Akula
10-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Ain't no one doing that. We'd really rather play Maytag repairman.

There's only ONE maytag repairman and he seems to be able to handle business. I've seen more thread closed and more "warnings" in the past few days than in the whole time I've been here...They GOTTA invent reasons to justify the "power"..
I know..I know..some busybody is going to infract me now...whoopde doo.

Chris
10-02-2012, 08:01 PM
There's only ONE maytag repairman and he seems to be able to handle business. I've seen more thread closed and more "warnings" in the past few days than in the whole time I've been here...They GOTTA invent reasons to justify the "power"..
I know..I know..some busybody is going to infract me now...whoopde doo.

Got home this evening to review those threads. People trolling and name calling isn't exactly contributing anything.

I suggest you take it off line. PM me if you like.

Akula
10-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Got home this evening to review those threads. People trolling and name calling isn't exactly contributing anything.

I suggest you take it off line. PM me if you like.

No..you go ahead and do what you do...or infract me. I couldn't care less.

Goldie Locks
10-02-2012, 08:18 PM
OK...close the thread and delete and then re-open it....In 1, 2, 3,.....

Captain Obvious
10-02-2012, 08:21 PM
If people insist on being children, they will be treated like them.

Thread closed.

Chris
10-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Again, if any of you have complaints, just take it off line, I still extend the invite to contact me thru PM to listen to your complaints and take them to the other mods.

Trinnity
10-03-2012, 03:09 AM
The rise in warnings and infractions are because people receiving them have repeatedly ignored courteous pleas for civility. They've ignored PMs asking them to back off. They've ignored in-thread warnings. And they've ignored written warnings. It's the same small group of people who push the limits over and over and necessitate the actions. They have only themselves to blame.

There are many people on the site who contribute great stuff and cause no trouble at all. Do they deserve to be subjected to flaming/trolling/personal attacks? NO.

The people doing the most bitching are the ones causing the trouble. Look at this thread. Get a clue.