PDA

View Full Version : Productive discourse on race - Safety vs. Captain Obvious

Adelaide
09-22-2016, 10:59 PM
Safety Captain Obvious

According to the other thread, you'd like to have a "productive [discussion] on race and current racial issues in the US." Let 'er rip. Should be interesting.

Captain Obvious
09-22-2016, 11:06 PM
ok - I'll kick this off, throwing out a couple of talking points to get things rolling.

1) What are the primary reasons for violence and dysfunction in the black community? What's holding the black community back from being, on the whole, productive members of society like most other races?

2) What is the white communities role in this? What responsibilities are on society for the successes and failures of the black community?

3) What is racism? Who are the racists? On that point, what is bigotry and who are the bigots?

4) Why are the current processes to combat inequality and racism working or not working? Like PC, affirmative action?

5) Finally, what is governments role in all of this? Are they promoting equality, true equality or are they pandering and/or playing the game?

Feel free to toss yours out also, I hope you do. I'm just putting these out there as a way to get things rolling.

Come at me bro!

;)

Safety
09-23-2016, 09:01 AM
1) What are the primary reasons for violence and dysfunction in the black community? What's holding the black community back from being, on the whole, productive members of society like most other races?

In my opinion, the major reasons for the dysfunction and violence in the inner cities with focuses on blacks due to their overwhelming representation is due to several factors. I think the major ones are the fact that so many are living above means (mainly black women) and doing things like co-signing for cars, credit cards, and loan applications for a man they’re not married to and wind up being the one who’s having to pay the bill. It’s stuff like that which addresses the nonsense within the community with black women taking care of a man they’re not married to.
Chronic incarcerations among black men is contributing to the dysfunction and discord because they can’t do anything for their children, wives, and significant others. What can a man who is locked up do aside from writing letters, calling home, and getting periodical visits? Nothing and is likely to return to prison on a parole violation and/or on a new case. People refuse to address some issues within the community because it seems as if it’s a badge of shame to call out individual(s) on their BS nonsense. All those factors are compounded when there is an air of impropriety being handed out to the inner city communities with paid public servants acting as judge, jury, and executer in some cases.

2) What is the white communities role in this? What responsibilities are on society for the successes and failures of the black community?

White communities? Zero. (depending on how you take the next paragraph)

Society? A lot. If we are to generalize that the majority of the country is white, then juxtapose that generalization as everything that happens is because of whites, then the flip side of that should be, everything that falls on society is white also, no? I don’t think you would agree with that sentence, so that is the type of thinking we need to distance ourselves from. When people are protesting the actions of a police officer shooting someone who is unarmed, and the video evidence released shows that there was no immediate threat, that is not a blight on white people or indicative of whites. It is directed towards the police. If we are able to ignore the knee-jerk talking points and focus on the cusp of the issue, then you will see that most folks want what you and I want…the ability to provide for our families and be left alone to our own devices.

3) What is racism? Who are the racists? On that point, what is bigotry and who are the bigots?

Racism is a term that has evolved to include everything not listed in the dictionary. It is as abused as much as the term progressive is abused. But basically, I consider anything to be racist that could be attributed to a person solely due to their skin color. Saying white people can’t dance is a racist statement, just like saying black folks are only good at sports due to fast muscle twitches. Bigotry is subcomponent of racism, that ignored can manifest into full blown racism. Think about the events leading up to the holocaust. It just didn’t happen one day that someone said, let’s persecute the Jews. No, it was a 7-10 year process that used propaganda and fear to arrive at the point where Jews were lead into the gas chambers. Now, I’m not saying anything like that is going to happen, but it was used to show that things don’t manifest themselves overnight and it takes time to sway the public, good or bad. Serious question, how many websites are dedicated to nothing but showing black people doing bad things compared to websites showing white people doing the same? According to the FBI database, black people are overwhelming killing blacks at a rate of ~ 95%, so where do sites like whitegirlbleedalot.com get their data? I mean, if taken at face value, the stats would have to show that blacks are committing 75-90% of the crime in the country compared to their white counterparts, but that isn’t even close to what the FBI reports. Even taking the demographics into consideration, blacks are responsible for 51% of murders in this country and 95% of those are each other, so the facts don’t seem to jive with reality.

4) Why are the current processes to combat inequality and racism working or not working? Like PC, affirmative action?

One of the biggest reasons is due to the pushback and resolve people didn’t think most folks would have. The average public aren’t really that intelligent and will follow like sheep any shiny object placed before them. That is why reality shows like Honey Boo-Boo and the Kardashians are more popular than science or documentary shows. All it takes is a couple of loud talkers to plant the seed of discourse for things to be blown out of proportion. Think of whenever Al Sharpton speaks about an event that happens before the facts are known and how he incites people to be outraged. It happens on both sides constantly, so it’s not that hard to understand that anything that was set into place to help blacks could be argued as not needed or not fair. I always ask…if white women receive more AA than blacks, why are blacks the only one’s mentioned when the topic of AA comes up?

5) Finally, what is governments role in all of this? Are they promoting equality, true equality or are they pandering and/or playing the game?

Government has a role, although not as a big of a role as in the past, but a role nonetheless. You see, when the southern states decided to try and marginalize and oppress blacks, the government were the entity that stepped in and made people whole again. When the KKK was riding around lynching and burning crosses on folk’s lawns, the local law enforcement was some of the guys wearing the sheets or were friends with the sheet wearers, so nothing was getting done on the local and state level. The federal government had to step in and bring justice for citizens who were treated like they were not citizens by the locals.

This is all I dare to write on my phone, but I will expound on it more if needed.

Captain Obvious
09-23-2016, 06:18 PM

In my opinion, the major reasons for the dysfunction and violence in the inner cities with focuses on blacks due to their overwhelming representation is due to several factors. I think the major ones are the fact that so many are living above means (mainly black women) and doing things like co-signing for cars, credit cards, and loan applications for a man they’re not married to and wind up being the one who’s having to pay the bill. It’s stuff like that which addresses the nonsense within the community with black women taking care of a man they’re not married to.
Chronic incarcerations among black men is contributing to the dysfunction and discord because they can’t do anything for their children, wives, and significant others. What can a man who is locked up do aside from writing letters, calling home, and getting periodical visits? Nothing and is likely to return to prison on a parole violation and/or on a new case. People refuse to address some issues within the community because it seems as if it’s a badge of shame to call out individual(s) on their BS nonsense. All those factors are compounded when there is an air of impropriety being handed out to the inner city communities with paid public servants acting as judge, jury, and executer in some cases.

You wrote this on your phone? Gawd bless ya, I've been looking at this all day waiting to get to my laptop because I sure as hell wasn't doing this one-fat-fingered lol.

ok - let's look at the first paragraph, take this in steps. I don't know the economic stats but you're implying black women live beyond their means. Assuming there is some accuracy here, why do you think that is? How are women in other races, to some degree, living within their means and not falling into this trap?

Could it be influence? Maybe black women are influenced by the environment they expose themselves to. For example a black pop/rap chic singer might produce videos of her in furs, in a small mansion, in a pricey sports car where there may be few black role models (like moms for example, or pop culture role models) who may not be influencing these women in a positive way?

I think there are a lot of women role models both black and white out there, there are a lot of strong women who want to help other women but for some reason are these women not reaching the black community?

This is interesting, black families had a reputation for a while there I think, historically, as being strong family units. If so, where was the breakdown? Did it ironically happen after the black empowerment and equal rights movement and if so why?

I think the same concept can be extended to black males, who are their role models? Who do they look at and say "that's who I want to be like"? Fathers are usually the #1 role model in this sense and many black youths live their lives with little exposure to their natural fathers or any father at all. I think any community strength (or weakness) is rooted in the family unit and if that unit is not in tact, individuals grow up not knowing how to live their lives productively and responsibly.

Safety
09-23-2016, 10:02 PM
You wrote this on your phone? Gawd bless ya, I've been looking at this all day waiting to get to my laptop because I sure as hell wasn't doing this one-fat-fingered lol.

ok - let's look at the first paragraph, take this in steps. I don't know the economic stats but you're implying black women live beyond their means. Assuming there is some accuracy here, why do you think that is? How are women in other races, to some degree, living within their means and not falling into this trap?

Could it be influence? Maybe black women are influenced by the environment they expose themselves to. For example a black pop/rap chic singer might produce videos of her in furs, in a small mansion, in a pricey sports car where there may be few black role models (like moms for example, or pop culture role models) who may not be influencing these women in a positive way?

I think there are a lot of women role models both black and white out there, there are a lot of strong women who want to help other women but for some reason are these women not reaching the black community?

This is interesting, black families had a reputation for a while there I think, historically, as being strong family units. If so, where was the breakdown? Did it ironically happen after the black empowerment and equal rights movement and if so why?

I think the same concept can be extended to black males, who are their role models? Who do they look at and say "that's who I want to be like"? Fathers are usually the #1 role model in this sense and many black youths live their lives with little exposure to their natural fathers or any father at all. I think any community strength (or weakness) is rooted in the family unit and if that unit is not in tact, individuals grow up not knowing how to live their lives productively and responsibly.

Well, to be fair, it is more like a phablet (Huawei Mate 8). But to your point, yes, it is primarily black women, now what that is due to is up for interpretation. We must remember that we are talking about a group of people that were not allowed to assimilate into the "american" culture for over several generations, so they were forced to create their own. Even when blacks created their own "mecca" in the US, some decided that it was not acceptable and burned it down (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot). When people get hit upside the head enough, eventually they stop trying. There is another thread on the subject about blacks getting ridiculed for "acting white" and so forth, and it is really no different than white people being called "guilt ridden white libs". Once we get rid of those harmful stigmas and focus on getting everyone to understand that like it or not, we are all citizens and should be given the same consideration they give others, and not base it upon the color of one's skin, the better our country will be.

Captain Obvious
09-24-2016, 12:16 AM
This is going to be good. I'm drunk right now lol, I'll hit this tomorrow morning when I'm full of piss an vinegar.

Plus I have to google Phablet and Huawei. This shit better be good.

:biglaugh:

Scrounger
10-17-2016, 10:47 AM
I don't know if I can argue race as good as Internet commandos from either side. This is basically an observation:

In Chicago, it is predominantly black. ALL of its representatives are black. We're talking city council, county level, sheriff, state and federal representatives. The city of Chicago fails to assimilate. I know all of you have theories.

In Georgia, over HALF of all violent crime comes from five precincts. There are 159 counties in Georgia; four police precincts in my home county - so you do the math. All of the Georgia high crime precincts are places where blacks are more than 65 percent of the population.

While I don't know about Chicago, the reality is a determined youth could walk twenty miles out of Atlanta to a more job friendly area, get a job and get out of the "hood, IF that is the argument. Sure, for a couple of weeks they may have to take whore baths and sleep outside, but there are fast food jobs, warehouse jobs, and construction type jobs and landscaping all around here.

I've known of people to come here from foreign countries, sleep in the car, get a job and join the health spa in order to have a place for a daily shower / shave until they got some money together.

With all the billions made by rich blacks, you'd think they would go into those predominantly black areas, do some investing and make them the envy of our country. Instead, they choose to remain with the whites. Sooo... I'm not seeing black people do things to help themselves and their black leadership isn't turning things around for them. The blacks aren't going in and doing things with the big bucks.

It's obvious to me that they cannot assimilate. So, we're trying to become a socialized cesspool in the vain effort that we can make different cultures equal.

nathanbforrest45
10-17-2016, 10:54 AM
So far a very good discussion. Keep it up guys.

Peter1469
10-17-2016, 01:43 PM
I know I left New Orleans because it broke my heart at its lost opportunity.

DGUtley
10-17-2016, 01:46 PM
Interesting. I'm awaiting more.

Scrounger
10-18-2016, 09:06 AM
I thought we were going to debate the issue. More observations;

The children of inter-racial couples are growing up to be predominantly liberals

Our music and entertainment are geared more toward a non-white culture

On a related issue, the liberals don't want you to bring your legal weapon onto their business premises, citing that it is "private." These same people will then want you arrested if you deny to them your services because your establishment is "private." Some people seem to thrive on a double standard that is carefully calculated to suppress the Rights of white people.

Cigar
10-18-2016, 09:10 AM
:huh:

nic34
10-18-2016, 09:40 AM
I thought we were going to debate the issue. More observations;

The children of inter-racial couples are growing up to be predominantly liberals

Our music and entertainment are geared more toward a non-white culture

On a related issue, the liberals don't want you to bring your legal weapon onto their business premises, citing that it is "private." These same people will then want you arrested if you deny to them your services because your establishment is "private." Some people seem to thrive on a double standard that is carefully calculated to suppress the Rights of white people.

Here's an idea: Don't go where you feel that you need your weapon.....

Scrounger
10-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Here's an idea: Don't go where you feel that you need your weapon.....

Then should I suggest to a black man that he shouldn't visit stores that display a Confederate flag? What, in your mind, would be the difference?

Scrounger
10-20-2016, 09:53 AM
Okay, so here's the real deal:

I came here expecting a debate on the race issue. I have some personal opinions about the topic, but the people at the big race site run by Don Black made sure I was persona non grata on their site. So, here we are with an open topic and nobody to debate it. So here goes:

America was founded as constitutional Republic on Christian principles (though not a theocracy) by white men. In virtually all of the first state constitutions one had to be a white Protestant in order to vote or hold elective office. Our system of jurisprudence is rooted in Anglo Saxon law. That is our culture.

Today, if we were to talk about the Chinese culture, we all know what a Chinese guy looks like in a general sense. We don't expect the Chinese to bow down to the mixed multitude type of culture found in modern America. Ditto for Japanese, Koreans, etc., etc. Somehow, we hold Americans to a different standard.

Some in our society denounce slavery and think the U.S. should pay blacks with reparations for alleged atrocities during slavery. But, Americans did not start slavery and, like it or not, Americans led the way in abolishing slavery. No other culture has the demand of reparations being put on them for their ancestors having started the practice - and in some places, slavery is still being practiced.

There is an attempt to destroy all white culture. Most cultures are united in their envy and hatred for all things white. People come here from every corner of the world and exploit our commitment to Liberty and Freedom as a means to change our culture. If those same people were visiting North Korea, you can bet they would not be promoting the destruction of that culture.

I say right from the start that I am offended by non-whites thinking that the whites should suppress their culture - you know, like hiding their Confederate flags in the basement instead of celebrating Confederate Memorial Day. If your kid can run through the neighborhood with an Obama t shirt, BLM attire, or some political message glorifying black culture, then whites should be afforded the same Rights. But, the reality is... they aren't. If something offends the non-white culture it is verboten. By contrast, if you complain about the political propaganda of the left, OMG.

As the left moves into to destroy our culture, history is screaming at us. Every civilization that mixed cultures, races, religions, creeds and political persuasions has perished. India, Egypt, Mexico and even the Roman Empire attest to this. Still we persist.

We flood our country with people from places that want us destroyed. The silly Americans say "let's vet those coming in and let's do extensive background checks." I double over with laughter at this abject stupidity. You think some foreign country is going to tell you the truth about people they want to get out of that country?

Our situation is so bad that most white Americans suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their country is being flooded by immigrants, most of whom despise the culture America was founded on. Yet they are so afraid of being called a racist, that they react, Pavlovian style, any time you try and put the blame for America's condition on the real problem. Most whites are afraid of the truth, but they know that what the bottom line is, non-whites are here demanding we kiss their ass and make way for their culture while denigrating the very principles upon which this country was founded.

And if you don't want to debate, that's okay. I can come back and do the flip side of this because the white people have something coming to them as well.

Common Sense
10-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Americans did not lead the way in abolishing slavery. That was the British.

No one is trying to destroy white culture. Western culture has always been a mixture of cultural elements, from food to rock and roll.

As a white man, I don't feel like a victim. I often wonder why some do.

Scrounger
10-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Americans did not lead the way in abolishing slavery. That was the British.

No one is trying to destroy white culture. Western culture has always been a mixture of cultural elements, from food to rock and roll.

As a white man, I don't feel like a victim. I often wonder why some do.

Brits still smarting cause of that spanking the U.S. gave them?

I'm not much on being a victim. OTOH:

1) White culture has no "white tv" in America. I count half a dozen black stations

2) Whites cannot agree to live in all white covenant communities; that is illegal

3) Back to tv - all shows must have gay / LGBT representation, liberals, non-whites, but very few have any whites that represent white culture (reverse Oreoes not included)

4) In the job market non-whites are over-represented in most occupations with whites losing ground

5) The size of white families are dwindling due to the marketing of the gay / LGBT lifestyle and inter-racial marriage as being superior to the white culture

Common Sense's reply was non-responsive. Culture, for purposes of what I'm complaining about, are related to the principles our nation was founded on, our language, our system of morals, our jurisprudence, those things we brought with us to America (in terms of food, music, art, literature, etc) though the last category is MINOR in this discussion.

In 1980, in my neighborhood, the Census Bureau said we were 87 percent of the population. Today, if you went into your back yard and threw up a Confederate Flag, had four guys over for a cook-out and played some country music, the police would be there in ten minutes. Fifty Mexicans doing a cook-out with their music and it's all good. Same for the NFL parties - mostly black. That's all good. It's those half dozen white guys that have to be monitored and warned about doing anything offensive (sic.)

nic34
10-20-2016, 11:41 AM
^^^ Hey scrounger, I thought this was a debate between CO and Safety....:huh:

Common Sense
10-20-2016, 11:52 AM
Brits still smarting cause of that spanking the U.S. gave them?

I'm not much on being a victim. OTOH:

1) White culture has no "white tv" in America. I count half a dozen black stations

2) Whites cannot agree to live in all white covenant communities; that is illegal

3) Back to tv - all shows must have gay / LGBT representation, liberals, non-whites, but very few have any whites that represent white culture (reverse Oreoes not included)

4) In the job market non-whites are over-represented in most occupations with whites losing ground

5) The size of white families are dwindling due to the marketing of the gay / LGBT lifestyle and inter-racial marriage as being superior to the white culture

Common Sense's reply was non-responsive. Culture, for purposes of what I'm complaining about, are related to the principles our nation was founded on, our language, our system of morals, our jurisprudence, those things we brought with us to America (in terms of food, music, art, literature, etc) though the last category is MINOR in this discussion.

In 1980, in my neighborhood, the Census Bureau said we were 87 percent of the population. Today, if you went into your back yard and threw up a Confederate Flag, had four guys over for a cook-out and played some country music, the police would be there in ten minutes. Fifty Mexicans doing a cook-out with their music and it's all good. Same for the NFL parties - mostly black. That's all good. It's those half dozen white guys that have to be monitored and warned about doing anything offensive (sic.)

I don't know, I'm not British. I was only stating a fact and correcting your error.

White TV in America is all the other channels. It's hard to take your claim seriously when the vast amount of actors and shows are based in white communities.

I'd like to see some stats backing up your claim that non whites are over represented in job markets.

Are you seriously contending that white family sizes are due to the "tee vee" turning people gay?

Oh poor you, you can't fly your symbol of racism without people getting uppity.

Poor victim. Life must be hard for you. Us whites are just so oppressed.

nic34
10-20-2016, 11:54 AM
I don't know, I'm not British. I was only stating a fact and correcting your error.

White TV in America is all the other channels. It's hard to take your claim seriously when the vast amount of actors and shows are based in white communities.

I'd like to see some stats backing up your claim that non whites are over represented in job markets.

Are you seriously contending that white family sizes are due to the "tee vee" turning people gay?

Not to mention that most of TV and Radio is owned by white men. https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/08/17/blacks-own-just-10-u-s-television-stations-heres-why/?utm_term=.433571ee372a

Scrounger
10-20-2016, 12:09 PM
^^^ Hey scrounger, I thought this was a debate between CO and Safety....:huh:

I couldn't tell it was a two man debate. Nobody was participating.

Safety
10-20-2016, 12:25 PM

Take it easy, you know these things always causes melt downs.

Scrounger
10-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Here's a productive discourse on race.

I don't like the discrimination and one sided view of liberal America toward whites. If the black man has an interest in something political, there is a black race, but when whites complain about the assaults on their race, then there is no such concept in the MSM. Sometimes that extends to whites.

For example, the immigration issue brings out all these crackpots with their talk of "illegal immigration" and they want to employ the tactics and the talking points of David Duke, Don Black and Border Watch from the 1970s while trying to pee down your neck and telling you they aren't racist, they just want everything done "legally."

I came from the same side of the fence they were on and after working in immigration law, many years were spent trying to tell the nitwits that entering the U.S. without papers is not a crime, but rather a civil violation of the law, you'd think I raped someone.

Well, they employed that strategy that ended up with the so - called "Patriot Act," the National ID / REAL ID Act, E Verify, the end of innocent until proven guilty, the gutting of the Fourth Amendment... AND, then they lost that fight in a humiliating defeat to the worst Democrat ever to live.

If those silly people had listened, patriots won that war years ago. My own U.S. Congressman introduced a bill to abolish the 16th Amendment, get rid of the income tax, abolish the IRS and it would be pay as you go. IF that had passed, there would be no need for the Socialist Surveillance Number ...ooops "Social Security Number" and no National ID Card predicated thereon. Undocumented foreigners would then pay as they go and there would be no allegations of them living off the government. Sooo.. if the white people were right in their allegations, the foreigners would self deport.

Instead, Americans want this idiotic background check crap and most Americans have a skeleton in their closet. Too many of them have a DUI, a misdemeanor drug charge, or a misdemeanor involving a family squabble - little nitpick crap that should be taken off the books after a couple of years... but nooooooo. We want to lock out millions of Americans to justify bringing in immigrants because they can come in "legally."

The whites wanting a POLICE STATE are the ones wanting this tyranny and if they spent more time studying the facts as opposed to smoking pot, listening to rock, worrying about their body piercings and their tattoos, they might get a handle on what's happening to their culture.

If your debaters show up to do this, I won't have to. Sorry, guys. I got tired of waiting.

MRogersNhood
10-21-2016, 09:00 PM
Umm.America was basically founded by Whites,Blacks,Spanish,and French.
The Indians were always here.
Don't count out the Chinese, either.
That is all.

decedent
10-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Umm.America was basically founded by Whites,Blacks,Spanish,and French.
The Indians were always here.
Don't count out the Chinese, either.
That is all.

Blacks founded America? Please explain.

MRogersNhood
10-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Blacks founded America? Please explain.

http://www.americanrevolution.org/blk.php

They fought for America and have been here since its inception.Make no mistake about that.

As for Kapaernick guy;What he doesn't know is that what the song (National Anthem) talks about is killing the enemy conscripted slaves.

Nobody ever sings the 4th verse of the National Anthem anyway.Get real.

MRogersNhood
10-21-2016, 09:42 PM
Why is there such a resurgence in racism after around 40 years of harmony? That's ridiculous.
(I already know the answer)

NapRover
10-22-2016, 11:15 AM
Why is there such a resurgence in racism after around 40 years of harmony? That's ridiculous.

Our racist POTUS is the answer.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 05:44 PM
Our racist POTUS is the answer.

No argument.That is true.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 05:58 PM
LOL...yeah, someone you deem racist can make you racist. Maybe if you're a victim of fetal alcohol syndrome.

Mister D
10-22-2016, 06:08 PM
This got dumb pretty fast.

Scrounger
10-22-2016, 09:43 PM
http://www.americanrevolution.org/blk.php

They fought for America and have been here since its inception.Make no mistake about that.

As for Kapaernick guy;What he doesn't know is that what the song (National Anthem) talks about is killing the enemy conscripted slaves.

Nobody ever sings the 4th verse of the National Anthem anyway.Get real.

Yeah, a lot of people participated; however, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are the work of white people and our system of jurisprudence is predicated on Anglo Saxon law. Our cultural roots reflect that of the founders.

Common
10-01-2017, 12:20 PM

White communities? Zero. (depending on how you take the next paragraph)

Society? A lot. If we are to generalize that the majority of the country is white, then juxtapose that generalization as everything that happens is because of whites, then the flip side of that should be, everything that falls on society is white also, no? I don’t think you would agree with that sentence, so that is the type of thinking we need to distance ourselves from. When people are protesting the actions of a police officer shooting someone who is unarmed, and the video evidence released shows that there was no immediate threat, that is not a blight on white people or indicative of whites. It is directed towards the police. If we are able to ignore the knee-jerk talking points and focus on the cusp of the issue, then you will see that most folks want what you and I want…the ability to provide for our families and be left alone to our own devices.

Racism is a term that has evolved to include everything not listed in the dictionary. It is as abused as much as the term progressive is abused. But basically, I consider anything to be racist that could be attributed to a person solely due to their skin color. Saying white people can’t dance is a racist statement, just like saying black folks are only good at sports due to fast muscle twitches. Bigotry is subcomponent of racism, that ignored can manifest into full blown racism. Think about the events leading up to the holocaust. It just didn’t happen one day that someone said, let’s persecute the Jews. No, it was a 7-10 year process that used propaganda and fear to arrive at the point where Jews were lead into the gas chambers. Now, I’m not saying anything like that is going to happen, but it was used to show that things don’t manifest themselves overnight and it takes time to sway the public, good or bad. Serious question, how many websites are dedicated to nothing but showing black people doing bad things compared to websites showing white people doing the same? According to the FBI database, black people are overwhelming killing blacks at a rate of ~ 95%, so where do sites like whitegirlbleedalot.com get their data? I mean, if taken at face value, the stats would have to show that blacks are committing 75-90% of the crime in the country compared to their white counterparts, but that isn’t even close to what the FBI reports. Even taking the demographics into consideration, blacks are responsible for 51% of murders in this country and 95% of those are each other, so the facts don’t seem to jive with reality.

One of the biggest reasons is due to the pushback and resolve people didn’t think most folks would have. The average public aren’t really that intelligent and will follow like sheep any shiny object placed before them. That is why reality shows like Honey Boo-Boo and the Kardashians are more popular than science or documentary shows. All it takes is a couple of loud talkers to plant the seed of discourse for things to be blown out of proportion. Think of whenever Al Sharpton speaks about an event that happens before the facts are known and how he incites people to be outraged. It happens on both sides constantly, so it’s not that hard to understand that anything that was set into place to help blacks could be argued as not needed or not fair. I always ask…if white women receive more AA than blacks, why are blacks the only one’s mentioned when the topic of AA comes up?

Government has a role, although not as a big of a role as in the past, but a role nonetheless. You see, when the southern states decided to try and marginalize and oppress blacks, the government were the entity that stepped in and made people whole again. When the KKK was riding around lynching and burning crosses on folk’s lawns, the local law enforcement was some of the guys wearing the sheets or were friends with the sheet wearers, so nothing was getting done on the local and state level. The federal government had to step in and bring justice for citizens who were treated like they were not citizens by the locals.

This is all I dare to write on my phone, but I will expound on it more if needed.

I read this for the first time today for some reason I never come down here. Excellently written by safety

Refugee
10-10-2017, 07:02 AM
Could’ve got into this myself, but only just saw it. To many ‘I think’ and ‘in my opinion’ and focused on the US though. Widen it to include Europe and the results are startlingly similar.

Cthulhu
10-14-2017, 02:42 PM
Could’ve got into this myself, but only just saw it. To many ‘I think’ and ‘in my opinion’ and focused on the US though. Widen it to include Europe and the results are startlingly similar. Most aren't willing to look that far ahead. And they will pay dearly for it in the end.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

The Xl
10-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Haha oh shit, how did I miss this?

The Xl
10-14-2017, 03:10 PM
About half of the dysfunction, from the drug war to financially encouraging single parent households, is government. Now, normally, when you look at how whites vote and how they're the majority, you'd blame them, and usually you'd correct. The problem here is that blacks also overwhelmingly vote for politicians who destroy their communities as well, which kind of throws that out of the window.

Captdon
10-15-2017, 01:51 PM
The truth might be that race can never be talked about in any productive way. Who's going to admit to being wrong? The first time you say anything about Blacks, you're a racist. If you say anything about whites, you're a race-baiter.

The Xl
10-15-2017, 02:08 PM
The truth might be that race can never be talked about in any productive way. Who's going to admit to being wrong? The first time you say anything about Blacks, you're a racist. If you say anything about whites, you're a race-baiter.
This is a very fair and true point. No one, and I mean literally next to no one, wants a fair, honest, and productive conversation about race. And even if they think they mean well, finger pointing will start in no time at all.

Kacper
10-29-2017, 04:12 AM

Economic fears.

Refugee
12-17-2017, 06:06 PM
I think the only way around it would be to stick to verifiable facts and statistics and disregard opinions and PC. That of course would involve some unpalatable truths and it’s not something you could state on western based servers. In the end, despite what we think and all the talk of 'free speech', we’re stuck at the stage of everyone is equal and everything is everybody else’s fault. So we never do get to the bottom of it all and have to read from the media based script.

Tahuyaman
02-17-2018, 04:27 PM
ok - I'll kick this off, throwing out a couple of talking points to get things rolling.

1) What are the primary reasons for violence and dysfunction in the black community?

The primary reason is the breakdown of the family unit. Too many boys growing up with no Father in the home. No positive male role model in their like. It's not any more complicated than that.

starone/actual
04-27-2018, 12:31 AM
racism is a social construct...a racist is someone who adheres to that social construct. most people don't question that construct, they simply apply the teachings and consequences to their every day existence. secure in the knowledge that they, them and those people deserve just what they are getting. the hardest part is getting the person to acknowledge the social construct of racism. because then they would have to begin the process of examining all other social constructs. in my opinion about 20 percent of all crime is intent on bodily harm and property...the remaining portion is about poverty...at the core lies a failed social cognitive construct that as a people, we see as a nightmare, for which we continuously try to awaken from...their have been those whose voices were heard, benjamin lay, elizabeth freeman, william lloyd garrison, sojourner truth, frederick douglass, ghadi, martin luther king , malcolm x...they all where saying the same thing...the problem is the social construct itself and those who continue to benefit it... it is here where i think the larger conversations should begin...

starone/actual
04-27-2018, 12:37 AM
racism is a social construct...a racist is someone who adheres to that social construct. most people don't question that construct, they simply apply the teachings and consequences to their every day existence. secure in the knowledge that they, them and those people deserve just what they are getting. the hardest part is getting the person to acknowledge the social construct of racism. because then they would have to begin the process of examining all other social constructs. in my opinion about 20 percent of all crime is intent on bodily harm and property...the remaining portion is about poverty...at the core lies a failed social cognitive construct that as a people, we see as a nightmare, for which we continuously try to awaken from...their have been those whose voices were heard, benjamin lay, elizabeth freeman, william lloyd garrison, sojourner truth, frederick douglass, ghadi, martin luther king , malcolm x...they all where saying the same thing...the problem is the social construct itself and those who continue to benefit it... it is here where i think the larger conversations should begin...

Raffishragabash
10-23-2018, 03:58 AM
1) ... primary reason for violence and dysfunction in the black community?

Racism.

And that is every since Thaddeus Stevens was shut down for trying to give freed slaves' families "40 acres and a mule". Yes of the same lands which those cotton-picking slaves did morph into, leader, of the Free World. America set a foundation back then.

So I will again refer to my fav GOP Republican and White Supremacist Ann Coulter, who also admitted it.

America created a foundation back then of disparate racism and Inequality, which fuel the self-genocide and destruction you allude to. Yes and today it compels us to deceitfully blame the Black Race for their own deteriorating existence, in order for the other 88% of Americans to sleep peacefully at night ---in hopes that racism's ghosts don't come shake any beds.

3) What is racism?

It is wherever some of human's unique physical or obvious race-based traits, are used to unfairly control any democratic or republic sovereignty.

Who are the racists?

Those unethical and immoral people who control the society's scarce resources and opportunities, by which they do unfairly access those elements as according to racial characteristics which they favor.

The GOVT agencies are the biggest racists. They are pandering and playing the game, as we saw in how Obama/Holder DOJ investigated 200+ cops for civil rights violations from 2009-'16. Guess how many they charged with crimes?

Mister D
10-23-2018, 12:21 PM

Racism.

And that is every since Thaddeus Stevens was shut down for trying to give freed slaves' families "40 acres and a mule". Yes of the same lands which those cotton-picking slaves did morph into, leader, of the Free World. America set a foundation back then.

So I will again refer to my fav GOP Republican and White Supremacist Ann Coulter, who also admitted it.

America created a foundation back then of disparate racism and Inequality, which fuel the self-genocide and destruction you allude to. Yes and today it compels us to deceitfully blame the Black Race for their own deteriorating existence, in order for the other 88% of Americans to sleep peacefully at night ---in hopes that racism's ghosts don't come shake any beds.

3) What is racism?

It is wherever some of human's unique physical or obvious race-based traits, are used to unfairly control any democratic or republic sovereignty.

Who are the racists?

Those unethical and immoral people who control the society's scarce resources and opportunities, by which they do unfairly access those elements as according to racial characteristics which they favor.

The GOVT agencies are the biggest racists. They are pandering and playing the game, as we saw in how Obama/Holder DOJ investigated 200+ cops for civil rights violations from 2009-'16. Guess how many they charged with crimes?
Where did you steal that bike?

Chris
10-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Where did you steal that bike?

resister?

Raffishragabash
10-23-2018, 08:38 PM
:burp:

Raffishragabash
10-25-2018, 04:12 AM
ok - I'll kick this off...Come at me!

Racism.

3) What is racism?

Who are the racists?

Orion Rules
10-30-2018, 09:06 PM
Race is the foundation for everything else. It is not the product of culture. It is how God made.

As in who could count in the generations of slaves made hosts to what: they were never there.

God Bless the I.D.F., the Hezbollah militia, the Syrian Prince Assad, Mr. Netanyahu, 'ministers'.

Toober
11-04-2018, 11:21 PM
whats the "downside"?

nathanbforrest45
11-05-2018, 12:08 AM
Interesting. This has been kicking around for two years now and the original two have dropped out of the discussion a year and a half ago. Shame really because it was shaping up to be a good thread, until the idjets came into the room.

Toober
11-05-2018, 12:13 AM
Interesting. This has been kicking around for two years now and the original two have dropped out of the discussion a year and a half ago. Shame really because it was shaping up to be a good thread, until the idjets came into the room.

some bring pleasure when the arrive others when they leave.

its a conundrum fer sure...

Raffishragabash
11-17-2018, 06:57 AM
Don't cower, my GOP blokes...come get that a_s handed to you, on racism's platter you serve upon:

Racism.

3) What is racism?

Who are the racists?