PDA

View Full Version : Saving the Rich and Losing the Economy

Mister D
09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Economic policy in the United States and Europe has failed, and people are suffering.

Economic policy failed for three reasons: (1) policymakers focused on enabling offshoring corporations to move middle class jobs, and the consumer demand, tax base, GDP, and careers associated with the jobs, to foreign countries, such as China and India, where labor is inexpensive; (2) policymakers permitted financial deregulation that unleashed fraud and debt leverage on a scale previously unimaginable; (3) policymakers responded to the resulting financial crisis by imposing austerity on the population and running the printing press in order to bail out banks and prevent any losses to the banks regardless of the cost to national economies and innocent parties.

http://www.vdare.com/articles/saving-the-rich-and-losing-the-economy-with-over-one-million-legal-immigrants-illegals-and-

Mister D
09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
All the while, the US government allows in each year one million legal immigrants, an unknown number of illegal immigrants, and a large number of foreign workers on H-1B and L-1 work visas. In other words, the policies of the US government maximize the unemployment rate of American citizens.

Pendragon
09-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Economic policy in the United States and Europe has failed, and people are suffering.

Economic policy failed for three reasons: (1) policymakers focused on enabling offshoring corporations to move middle class jobs, and the consumer demand, tax base, GDP, and careers associated with the jobs, to foreign countries, such as China and India, where labor is inexpensive; (2) policymakers permitted financial deregulation that unleashed fraud and debt leverage on a scale previously unimaginable; (3) policymakers responded to the resulting financial crisis by imposing austerity on the population and running the printing press in order to bail out banks and prevent any losses to the banks regardless of the cost to national economies and innocent parties.

http://www.vdare.com/articles/saving-the-rich-and-losing-the-economy-with-over-one-million-legal-immigrants-illegals-and-

I can not find fault with any of that quote.

It is spot on.

Conley
09-27-2011, 08:17 PM
You can't ignore the illegal immigrant problem, that's part of it too. Though it seems there are fewer and fewer unskilled jobs (or any jobs) so that will probably continue to slow it down as well.

MMC
09-27-2011, 09:34 PM
I would have to agree with that article.....plus Obama stated he wanted more Student exchange and more workers. Even had Bill Gates show up in front of Congress talking about how we should outsource more tech jobs.

I was like.....yo Bill. Try investing in America and Americans first.

waltky
10-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Granny says, "Dat's a good idea - make dem rich folks pay dey's fair share o' taxes an' stop `em from outsourcin' American jobs so's Uncle Ferd can get his job wringin' farts outta shirt-tails back atta dry cleanery...
:cool2:
Romney Says He'll Make Top 5% Pay 60% of Income Taxes—More Than Under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton or Carter
October 17, 2012 - In Tuesday night’s presidential debate at Hofstra University, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney said he was going to make sure the top 5 percent of earners in the United States pay 60 percent of all federal income taxes.

That is a higher share of total federal income tax revenues than they paid at any time under Ronald Reagan--or George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, or during the last year of Jimmy Carter's presidency. As of 2009, the top 5 percent of earners included anyone who earned an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $154,643 or higher. “Now, how about deductions?” Romney said. “Because I'm going to bring rates down across the board for everybody, but I'm going to limit deductions and exemptions and credits, particularly for people at the high end, because I am not going to have people at the high end pay less than they're paying now. “The top 5 percent of taxpayers will continue to pay 60 percent of the income tax the nation collects,” said Romney. “So that'll stay the same. Middle-income people are going to get a tax break.”

Later Romney said, “You heard what I said about my tax plan. The top 5 percent will continue to pay 60 percent, as they do today. I'm not looking to cut taxes for wealthy people. I am looking to cut taxes for middle-income people.” According to a report published by the non-partisan Tax Foundation, that is a higher share of federal income taxes than the top 5 percent of earners paid at any time from 1980 through 2005. The Tax Foundation study, published in Oct 2011, looked at federal income tax data from 1980 through 2009. In 2009, the last year in the study, the top 5 percent of earners were those who had an adjusted gross income of $154,643 or higher. In 1980, when Jimmy Carter was president, the top 5 percent had an AGI of $43,792 or higher, and 36.84 percent of all federal income taxes.

During the Reagan presidency, the share of federal taxes paid by the top 5 percent hit a peak of 45.62 percent in 1988. That year, a person needed to have an AGI of $72,735 or higher to be in the top 5 percent. During the George H.W. Bush presidency, the share of federal taxes paid by the top 5 percent peaked at 45.88 percent in 1992. That year, a person needed to have an AGI of $85,103 or higher to be in the top 5 percent. During the Bill Clinton presidency, the share of federal taxes paid by the top 5 percent peaked at 56.47% in 2000. That year, a person needed to have an AGI of $128,336 to be in the top 5 percent.

During the presidency of George W. Bush, the share of federal income taxes paid by the top 5 percent first exceeded 60 percent during the period studied by the Tax Foundation. In 2006, the top 5 percent paid 60.14 percent; and, in 2007, they paid 60.61 percent. In 2006, a person needed and AGI of $153,542 to be in the top 5 percent. In 2007, person needed an AGI of $160,041. In 2008 and 2009, the percentage of income taxes paid by the top 5 percent declined, dropping to 58.72 percent and then 58.66 percent.

MORE (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/romney-says-hell-make-top-5-pay-60-income-taxes-more-under-reagan-bush-i-clinton-or)

IGetItAlready
10-21-2012, 12:43 AM

I'd edit point two to the point that rather than simply permitting, in the mortgage industry anyway, those policy makers coerced lenders into throwing caution to the wind thereby creating an atmosphere rife with fraudulent lending practices. Then they came in to fix the problems THEY created by punishing those who gave in to their intimidation leaving virtually NO ONE worth the risk.

Peter1469
10-21-2012, 11:48 AM
It is not about saving the rich so much as it is bailing out those who caused the current mortgage and financial crashes. We should let them fail and not use tax payer dollars to bail them out.