PDA

View Full Version : We should have left those hikers to rot

Mister D
09-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Wedged between emotional accounts of their imprisonment and gratitude toward friends, family and campaign leaders in a press conference just hours after landing in New York, hikers Josh Fattal and Shane Bauer surprised many when they pinned blame on American policies.
Snip

After 781 days at Evin Prison, it is completely audacious for the hikers to point any fingers at the U.S. and to still see the evils of the Iranian regime as only relative to the crimes of this nation or any other. This is the same naïve mindset that possessed them to go hiking in that area in the first place, something that they still have yet to address. It’s a refusal to believe that evil exists and that fundamentalist ideology wants death and destruction for the West.

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/09/27/hiking-fellow-travelers-and-the-iranian-threat/

Conley
09-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Is this some kind of f'ed up Stockholm Syndrome?

Send em back!

Mister D
09-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Is this some kind of f'ed up Stockholm Syndrome?

Send em back!

I like the comment about the mentality that would lead someone to go hiking there in the first place. You'd think this would have led to a reality check. Maybe...just maybe you should reconsider some of what you believe about the world.

Mister D
09-27-2011, 03:16 PM
It should also be said that this showed a marked lack of class.

spunkloaf
09-27-2011, 03:32 PM
You can't send them back. They are American citizens. They are here and they're speaking their mind, it's their country too. If you don't like it, then you leave.

That's how I see it. Simplifies everything, cuts out alot of nonsense and garbage. Next topic please.

Mister D
09-27-2011, 03:36 PM
You can't send them back. They are American citizens. They are here and they're speaking their mind, it's their country too. If you don't like it, then you leave.

That's how I see it. Simplifies everything, cuts out alot of nonsense and garbage. Next topic please.

Shut up you come thristy queer. Hey, I'm just speaking my mind. If you don't like it, leave the country. ;D

Conley
09-27-2011, 03:48 PM

Shut up you come thristy queer. Hey, I'm just speaking my mind. If you don't like it, leave the country. ;D

Is that really necessary?

Mister D
09-27-2011, 03:49 PM

Is that really necessary?

You can leave the country too.

spunkloaf
09-27-2011, 03:51 PM

It's very simple, if you can control a situation, then meddle in it. If not, leave it alone. I'm not going to worry about somebody calling me a cum thirsty queer, especially if they can't spell it right. Two dipshits who took a hike and got themselves locked up then come back to America and say America's policies are to blame, what can you do about it bitch? Oops, I mean....What can you do about it? Bitch? ;D

Mister D
09-27-2011, 03:56 PM

It's very simple, if you can control a situation, then meddle in it. If not, leave it alone. I'm not going to worry about somebody calling me a cum thirsty queer, especially if they can't spell it right. Two dipshits who took a hike and got themselves locked up then come back to America and say America's policies are to blame, what can you do about it bitch? Oops, I mean....What can you do about it? Bitch? ;D

Come is spelled c-o-m-e, dolt. And it was 3 dipshits, dipshit.

Anyway, so we shouldn't bother commenting on let alone objecting to anything we can't control. OK. We may as well wrap this whole forum idea up. :D ::)

spunkloaf
09-27-2011, 04:01 PM

Come is spelled c-o-m-e, dolt. And it was 3 dipshits, dipshit.

Anyway, so we shouldn't bother commenting on let alone objecting to anything we can't control. OK. We may as well wrap this whole forum idea up. :D ::)

FINE... ::) COME IS SPELLED C-O-M-E. pervert.

But what in the FUCK is "Thristy?" HUH? HUH??

:violent5:

dipshit.

Captain Obvious
09-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Dayum - someone pissed in D's wheaties this morning.

O0

This is an odd issue that I can't put my finger on. Who the fuck hikes in Iraq? And, why were we so silent on the issue? IMO, taking innocent Americans hostage is an act of war or at least an act of aggression. Were they really just hikers?

And of course if they were just hikers, undoubtedly they were caught up in a political pissing contest but why didn't we take a harder line on the issue? GW would have probably used this as a springboard to exert as much damage on Iran as he could. Is BO being diplomatic? Probably not, he's probably avoiding any confrontational issues because he's in campaign mode.

There are a lot of unanswered questions here.

Conley
09-27-2011, 08:12 PM
I don't think GW would have done anything differently really. If they were looking for an excuse to invade Iran sure, but otherwise I don't see these three jackasses affecting foreign policy. Yes we should take a stand against kidnapping but these fools were wandering in a war zone. I mean if I decide to go bird watching in the DMZ over in Korea I shouldn't expect my government to go to war over my inevitable death.

Conley
09-27-2011, 08:16 PM
http://freethehikers.org/

::)

They have such a liberal history it doesn't surprise me they are still badmouthing the U.S...the bios on these guys says it all (Mother Jones, Palestinian Freedom Movement, etc.) I think W would have left them to rot. ;D

Captain Obvious
09-27-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm still way out near Pluto on this matter.

Is this just a cover - them knocking the US for political grandstanding? Are they spies? Why would we send a couple of schleps across a barren border to spy? You would think we could be more sophisticated than this.

I really don't know how to sum this up, it's probably more simple than I'm pondering but this whole affair is just way too odd for me to take it at face value.

Conley
09-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm still way out near Pluto on this matter.

Is this just a cover - them knocking the US for political grandstanding? Are they spies? Why would we send a couple of schleps across a barren border to spy? You would think we could be more sophisticated than this.

I really don't know how to sum this up, it's probably more simple than I'm pondering but this whole affair is just way too odd for me to take it at face value.

Honestly I think it is just young, idealistic, naive kids who think the US is bad and the Middle East is a great place. I agree that if it were a spying operation they'd be smarter than this, but it is possible they were kidnapped out of Iraq as they claim. I'm sure our government does all kinds of clandestine shit we'll never know about but at the same time we probably grossly overestimate their competency as well. They are perfectly capable of screwups like this.

Captain Obvious
09-27-2011, 08:37 PM
If that's true - and it maybe well could be, then those stars-in-eyes dumbfucks should be smelling the fucking coffee right now.

Everyone hates us - especially in the middle east where there obviously is zero justice. They were a part of that fiasco and if that isn't enough wake-up call for those idiots then they deserve to be rotting in an Iranian jail.

But I'll reel this back in and continue with my statement that there is more to this story than is commonly known.

Mister D
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM

They have such a liberal history it doesn't surprise me they are still badmouthing the U.S...the bios on these guys says it all (Mother Jones, Palestinian Freedom Movement, etc.) I think W would have left them to rot. ;D

After viewing the website two things are clear.

1) I would thoroughly enjoy arresting and beating these people.

2) I don't find it the least bit perplexing or odd that these individuals would go hiking in "the other Iraq".

Mister D
09-27-2011, 08:59 PM
"Shane" has a degree in "Peace and Conflict Studies".

Captain Obvious
09-27-2011, 09:24 PM
"Shane" has a degree in "Peace and Conflict Studies".

Street smarts > college studies by a fucking light year.

MMC
09-27-2011, 09:54 PM
I would not be surprised to see that some Democrat like a Gore type was behind this. Just like Gore sent those two Chicks with that shit around N. Korea. Then knowing the one chicks sister worked for CNN. Gore new it would get press coverage.

Conley
09-27-2011, 10:00 PM
I would not be surprised to see that some Democrat like a Gore type was behind this. Just like Gore sent those two Chicks with that shit around N. Korea. Then knowing the one chicks sister worked for CNN. Gore new it would get press coverage.

Oh yeah I forgot all about that! That was some bullchit. But if one of these fools had ties to a pol wouldn't someone be taking credit for freeing them by now?

MMC
09-27-2011, 10:18 PM

Oh yeah I forgot all about that! That was some bullchit. But if one of these fools had ties to a pol wouldn't someone be taking credit for freeing them by now?

Someone had to.....you tell me Why Some Yemeni would put up the money. But who would be willing to allow their name to fall out there with that part. Considering the Yemen Sunni are oppressing the Shia in their own country.

spunkloaf
09-28-2011, 05:49 PM

After viewing the website two things are clear.

1) I would thoroughly enjoy arresting and beating these people.

2) I don't find it the least bit perplexing or odd that these individuals would go hiking in "the other Iraq".

Why? You misjudge people's intentions horribly, especially if they are of leftist origin. I pray to God nobody ever gives you any kind of authority over another body.

Conley
09-28-2011, 05:56 PM
You would pray to God?

I thought you were an atheist.

;D

spunkloaf
09-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Nope. Actually I've stated repeatedly that I'm agnostic, despite some people's misconceptions of me. I do believe there is a higher power but I usually don't pray, it's presumptuous to believe the Almighty would interrupt cosmic plans to change any event in my puny life for something I would perceive to be better.

Mister D
09-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Nope. Actually I've stated repeatedly that I'm agnostic, despite some people's misconceptions of me. I do believe there is a higher power but I usually don't pray, it's presumptuous to believe the Almighty would interrupt cosmic plans to change any event in my puny life for something I would perceive to be better.

You're an agnostic who believes in a higher power? ???

Conley
09-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Agnosticism is the view that the truth value of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—is unknown or unknowable.[1][2][3] Agnosticism can be defined in various ways, and is sometimes used to indicate doubt or a skeptical approach to questions. In some senses, agnosticism is a stance about the difference between belief and knowledge, rather than about any specific claim or belief. In the popular sense, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves there is a God, whereas an atheist disbelieves there is a God.[3] In the strict sense, however, agnosticism is the view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify knowledge whether God exists or does not. Within agnosticism there are agnostic atheists (who do not believe any deity exists, but do not deny it as a possibility) and agnostic theists (who believe a God exists but do not claim to know that).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

I guess technically it is possible but it seems that would contradict the popular definition of agnostic?

Mister D
09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Agnosticism is the view that the truth value of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—is unknown or unknowable.[1][2][3] Agnosticism can be defined in various ways, and is sometimes used to indicate doubt or a skeptical approach to questions. In some senses, agnosticism is a stance about the difference between belief and knowledge, rather than about any specific claim or belief. In the popular sense, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves there is a God, whereas an atheist disbelieves there is a God.[3] In the strict sense, however, agnosticism is the view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify knowledge whether God exists or does not. Within agnosticism there are agnostic atheists (who do not believe any deity exists, but do not deny it as a possibility) and agnostic theists (who believe a God exists but do not claim to know that).

I guess technically it is possible but it seems that would contradict the popular definition of agnostic?

That's the way the term is most often used. Moreover, I'm not sure what being an agnostic would have to do with not praying if he means aything else by the term.

spunkloaf
09-29-2011, 10:01 AM

Yes, D-wang. Not everything can be pegged the way you'd like it to be pegged.

My view of a higher power is way different than yours. For instance you may think that God hears prayers, or that God created us and the earth at the same time 4000 years ago, or that Jesus was a direct descendant of God and his spirit came here from a different realm to die for us. I'm not going to settle for any of that, just like I won't settle for any religious views, it doesn't make any sense.

spunkloaf
09-29-2011, 10:02 AM

That's the way the term is most often used. Moreover, I'm not sure what being an agnostic would have to do with not praying if he means aything else by the term.

You opened the can of worms, not me. So you figure it out. I don't have to justify my beliefs or lack of beliefs to you or anybody else.

Mister D
09-29-2011, 10:03 AM

You opened the can of worms, not me. So you figure it out. I don't have to justify my beliefs or lack of beliefs to you or anybody else.

Figure what out? The point of your post? Can of worms? Justify your beliefs? Huh?

Mister D
09-29-2011, 10:09 AM

Yes, D-wang. Not everything can be pegged the way you'd like it to be pegged.

My view of a higher power is way different than yours. For instance you may think that God hears prayers, or that God created us and the earth at the same time 4000 years ago, or that Jesus was a direct descendant of God and his spirit came here from a different realm to die for us. I'm not going to settle for any of that, just like I won't settle for any religious views, it doesn't make any sense.

Words have definitions. It helps to be aware of them so that you can communicate effectively with other human beings.

I'm not particularly interested in what you would or would not settle for and it's your comment that didn't make sense. I see you have no interst in clarifying your remarks so as to make them comprehensible to other human beings. Why are you here? Never mind.

Conley
09-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Higher power doesn't have to mean God though...but I admit I am confused by this. Back to the Aliens! :D

Mister D
09-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Higher power doesn't have to mean God though...but I admit I am confused by this. Back to the Aliens! :D

I'm sure Spunkloaf will let us know when he figures out what exactly he's talking about.

spunkloaf
09-29-2011, 06:01 PM

I'm sure Spunkloaf will let us know when he figures out what exactly he's talking about.

Let's not take attention away from the fact that you stated you want to arrest and physically abuse people who did nothing wrong to you.

Mister D
09-29-2011, 06:03 PM

Let's not take attention away from the fact that you stated you want to arrest and physically abuse people who did nothing wrong to you.

So you are not an agnostic now?

Conley
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
I'd arrest them but I don't think it would give me any pleasure to beat them.

Mister D
09-29-2011, 06:09 PM

It was a joke, Conley.

Conley
09-29-2011, 06:13 PM

It was a joke, Conley.

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought arresting them would be a good move.

Mister D
09-29-2011, 06:13 PM

It was a joke, Conley.

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought arresting them would be a good move.

Beating them would be a good move too. ;D :o :o :o :o :o

Conley
09-29-2011, 06:16 PM
:D Make up your mind! >:(

I don't have the stomach for that kind of stuff. In the heat of a home invasion, sure. Premeditated and over political stuff, nah.

Mister D
09-29-2011, 06:51 PM

I don't have the stomach for that kind of stuff. In the heat of a home invasion, sure. Premeditated and over political stuff, nah.

I can set the whole thing up as a burglary or home invasion. You come home with the OL and "Shane" will be on your couch drinking your single malt. >:( :o

Conley
09-29-2011, 07:06 PM

I can set the whole thing up as a burglary or home invasion. You come home with the OL and "Shane" will be on your couch drinking your single malt. >:( :o

It's ass kicking time! >:( >:( :D

Why do you keep calling him "Shane" ? Is his real name Farhoud?

Mister D
09-29-2011, 07:15 PM

It's ass kicking time! >:( >:( :D

Why do you keep calling him "Shane" ? Is his real name Farhoud?

I think one of the dudes is named Shane. The guy with the glasses I think.

Conley
09-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Oh, I noticed you putting his name in quotes a couple of times so I figured that wasn't his real name. I am actually surprised they have all kept their Western names. ::) ::)

Mister D
09-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Learn more about Shane! ;D

http://freethehikers.org/shane/Slideshows/Impressions/index.html

This dude looks anemic. Yuck.

Conley
09-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Wow, that is a small guy.

Given his size and the pricey cameras he's waving around, he must get robbed constantly in those "oppressed" countries.

Conley
09-29-2011, 07:32 PM
I want to punch whoever made that slide show. Words on top of photos means you can't read the words and you can't see the photos! >:( >:(

spunkloaf
09-29-2011, 09:57 PM

So you are not an agnostic now?

Always, or at least until God shows up and says "Heathen! Thou hast cast doubt upon me! I summon the wrath of D-wang upon you!" And then you show up and have me arrested and beaten.

Back to topic. Does it seem that these hikers hate your country because they make a comment about American policy? Why do you feel so strongly about that?

freethehikers
09-29-2011, 10:19 PM
I feel sorry for you. Hope you find peace someday.

Conley
09-29-2011, 10:34 PM

???

Mister D
09-30-2011, 08:05 AM

???

She probably thinks Spunkloaf is a bitter and confused young man. He does come across that way...

MMC
09-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the Rant FreetheHikers......

Sweet Hitch Hiker - Creedence Clearwater Revival (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW18CzVzts4#)

But do we have to let go all the Sweet Hitch Hikers. :D ;D >:D

Conley
09-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Welcome hiker dudes!