PDA

View Full Version : Israel Says Screw Palestine, the U.S. and the E.U.

MMC
09-28-2011, 05:58 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/israel-approves-1-100-homes-east-jerusalem-130400594.html

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel granted the go-ahead on Tuesday for construction of 1,100 new Jewish housing units in east Jerusalem, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ruled out any freeze in settlement construction, raising already heightened tensions after last week's Palestinian move to seek U.N. membership.

The announcement drew swift condemnation from the Palestinians, who claim east Jerusalem as their future capital. The United States, European Union and United Nations all expressed disappointment with Israel's decision.

In Washington, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said the Israeli announcement was counterproductive to efforts to relaunch Mideast peace talks. She said both Israel and the Palestinians should avoid provocative actions, and that international mediators will remain focused on guiding the two sides back to direct negotiations.

Since capturing east Jerusalem, Israel has annexed the area and ringed it with about 10 Jewish enclaves that are meant to solidify its control. Gilo, which is close to the Palestinian city of Bethlehem, is among the largest, with about 50,000 residents. Israel's annexation of east Jerusalem has not been internationally recognized.

Seeking to break the deadlock, the international Quartet of Mideast mediators — the U.S., EU, U.N. and Russia — last week called on Israelis and Palestinians to resume negotiations without preconditions. It called for a peace agreement to end the more than 60-year-old conflict by the end of next year and urged both sides "to refrain from provocative actions."

In all, about 200,000 Jews live in east Jerusalem areas that Israel calls neighborhoods and the Palestinians call settlements. Squeezed between them are Arab neighborhoods that are home to some 250,000 Palestinians.....snip~

This is the response Israel gave to the Palestinians. Anyone think this is the right move to make by the Israelis? Think this will bring the Palestinians to the table for Peace talks. Does this diffuse the situation or cause it to escalate.

Look I think we should support Israel. But I am getting tired of the argument that they use concerning rockets and their continuous building of settlements in East Jerusalem.
Soon any tech they get will be able to hit anywheres in Israel. So thats a mute point and should always be slammed down when the Israeli's start crying about it. Also the Palestinians need to admit to some truths as well. lLke who the hell they are working for and who gave them jobs.

Should we say to Palestine Okay you get to be your own Country. You have no claim to the the land the Israelis are holding. You will have to build your own Capitol and name. Now do you want to be a country unto yourselfelves or do you still want to argue about settlements in East Jerusalem?

I would force the issue myself. Making the Palestinians a Country. Then this way if they blow off rockets into Israel. It Wil be considered an act of War. With the full ramifications and consequences of such. Then the UN can go ahead and not only throw sanctions in. But then can send in PeaceKeepers. Then do what they did with Libya.

Conley
09-28-2011, 09:29 AM
I would agree with making Palestine answerable as a country but I doubt you would ever see sanctions and peacekeeping troops in such an instance. I don't really want the UN interfering with world affairs anyway, but I realize Israel is a special case. Even when it's the UN doing things we still fund it through our UN dues.

In my opinion there will never be peace while Netanyahu is prime minister. I don't think he wants it necessarily. The trouble with Palestinians has been very good for his career.

MMC
09-29-2011, 06:45 AM
I would agree with making Palestine answerable as a country but I doubt you would ever see sanctions and peacekeeping troops in such an instance. I don't really want the UN interfering with world affairs anyway, but I realize Israel is a special case. Even when it's the UN doing things we still fund it through our UN dues.

In my opinion there will never be peace while Netanyahu is prime minister. I don't think he wants it necessarily. The trouble with Palestinians has been very good for his career.

All I know is I would prefer that we do not give either side any more aid from this point on. No Military aid and no NGO's and NFP's. Time for these Countries to take care of themselves. Of their Ownselves.

waltky
10-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Israel about to screw themselves...
:shocked:
In Israel, Carter Says Two-State Solution in ‘Death Throes’
October 22, 2012 — Three decades after leaving the White House, former President Jimmy Carter still functions inside the trappings of power, cruising through fiercely contested areas of this city on Monday in a 12-car motorcade, with Secret Service agents stationed strategically as he surveyed the view from the Mount of Olives.

But at 88, Mr. Carter, trying to nudge his agenda without an official platform, no longer filters his words for politics or diplomacy. On Monday, he ramped up his years of criticism of Israeli policy by saying that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu lacked the courage of his predecessors and that he had abandoned the two-state solution that has been the accepted framework for resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for decades. And just two weeks before the American election, he was almost as critical of President Obama, saying his administration has shirked the historical role played by the United States in the region.

“I don’t think there’s any doubt that Netanyahu has decided the one-state option is the one he’s going to pursue,” Mr. Carter said, despite Mr. Netanyahu’s professed commitment to two states, notably in a 2009 speech at Bar Ilan University. As for Mr. Obama, a fellow Democrat, the former president said, “The U.S. government policy the last two to three years has basically been a rapid withdrawal from any kind of controversy.” He added: “Every president has been a very powerful factor here in advocating this two-state solution. That is now not apparent.”

Mr. Carter was here with the former prime minister of Norway, Gro Harlem Brundtland, and the former president of Ireland, Mary Robinson, on behalf of the Elders, a group of 10 left-leaning éminences grises convened by Nelson Mandela in 2007 that aims to promote human rights and world peace by, according to its Web site, “speaking difficult truths and tackling taboos.” Mr. Carter and Ms. Brundtland met with President Shimon Peres of Israel on Sunday, and all three met with President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority on Monday, consulting in between with like-minded Palestinian and Israeli intellectuals. On Wednesday, they are scheduled to see Egypt’s new Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi.

MORE (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/23/world/middleeast/in-israel-carter-says-two-state-solution-in-death-throes.html?_r=0)

shaarona
10-22-2012, 08:14 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/israel-approves-1-100-homes-east-jerusalem-130400594.html

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel granted the go-ahead on Tuesday for construction of 1,100 new Jewish housing units in east Jerusalem, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ruled out any freeze in settlement construction, raising already heightened tensions after last week's Palestinian move to seek U.N. membership.

The announcement drew swift condemnation from the Palestinians, who claim east Jerusalem as their future capital. The United States, European Union and United Nations all expressed disappointment with Israel's decision.

In Washington, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said the Israeli announcement was counterproductive to efforts to relaunch Mideast peace talks. She said both Israel and the Palestinians should avoid provocative actions, and that international mediators will remain focused on guiding the two sides back to direct negotiations.

Since capturing east Jerusalem, Israel has annexed the area and ringed it with about 10 Jewish enclaves that are meant to solidify its control. Gilo, which is close to the Palestinian city of Bethlehem, is among the largest, with about 50,000 residents. Israel's annexation of east Jerusalem has not been internationally recognized.

Seeking to break the deadlock, the international Quartet of Mideast mediators — the U.S., EU, U.N. and Russia — last week called on Israelis and Palestinians to resume negotiations without preconditions. It called for a peace agreement to end the more than 60-year-old conflict by the end of next year and urged both sides "to refrain from provocative actions."

In all, about 200,000 Jews live in east Jerusalem areas that Israel calls neighborhoods and the Palestinians call settlements. Squeezed between them are Arab neighborhoods that are home to some 250,000 Palestinians.....snip~

This is the response Israel gave to the Palestinians. Anyone think this is the right move to make by the Israelis? Think this will bring the Palestinians to the table for Peace talks. Does this diffuse the situation or cause it to escalate.

Look I think we should support Israel. But I am getting tired of the argument that they use concerning rockets and their continuous building of settlements in East Jerusalem.
Soon any tech they get will be able to hit anywheres in Israel. So thats a mute point and should always be slammed down when the Israeli's start crying about it. Also the Palestinians need to admit to some truths as well. lLke who the hell they are working for and who gave them jobs.

Should we say to Palestine Okay you get to be your own Country. You have no claim to the the land the Israelis are holding. You will have to build your own Capitol and name. Now do you want to be a country unto yourselfelves or do you still want to argue about settlements in East Jerusalem?

I would force the issue myself. Making the Palestinians a Country. Then this way if they blow off rockets into Israel. It Wil be considered an act of War. With the full ramifications and consequences of such. Then the UN can go ahead and not only throw sanctions in. But then can send in PeaceKeepers. Then do what they did with Libya.

Predictable... God Dam, Bibi.......

patrickt
10-23-2012, 07:21 AM
The article is biased which I would expect from Yahoo. Israel did not say "Screw Palestine, the U.S., the E.U." Israel did, in the absence of any support from the U.S., the E.U. and facing the madmen on their borders decided to do what they feel is best for Israel. Fine. I know it's a shock to supporters of President Obama that any country's leaders would actually care about their country.

DonGlock26
10-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Obama said he stands with Israel, and he saw where Hamas' rockets land in their attacks on Israeli civilians.

shaarona
10-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Obama said he stands with Israel, and he saw where Hamas' rockets land in their attacks on Israeli civilians.

That's why Obama gave Israel Iron Dome and more money.

waltky
10-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Ol' Jimmy gettin' on Obama's case...
:rollseyes:
Jimmy Carter blasts Obama on Mideast peace
10/23/12 - Former President Jimmy Carter blasted President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for their failure to advance the Middle East peace process, saying that the Israeli government seems to have decided on the "one-state solution but to conceal it from the world."

The New York Times reports on Carter's visit to Israel:

“I don’t think there’s any doubt that Netanyahu has decided the one-state option is the one he’s going to pursue,” Mr. Carter said, despite Mr. Netanyahu’s professed commitment to two states, notably in a 2009 speech at Bar Ilan University.

As for Mr. Obama, a fellow Democrat, the former president said, “The U.S. government policy the last two to three years has basically been a rapid withdrawal from any kind of controversy.”

He added: “Every president has been a very powerful factor here in advocating this two-state solution. That is now not apparent.”

MORE (http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/10/carter-blasts-obama-on-mideast-peace-139302.html?hp=r6)

Nunya
10-23-2012, 10:21 PM
That's why Obama gave Israel Iron Dome and more money.

This is the second or third time I have seen you post this comment. I don't know you well enough to determine if you are misrepresenting the facts intentionally, or are just not explaining it well enough.

Obama did not GIVE Iron Dome to Israel. Iron Dome is an Israeli invention built in Israeli factories. The construction of Iron Dome was funded by Israel which allowed the production of 2 units.

The US is funding the construction of another 8 units for Israel to include a supply missiles at the cost of $205 million. Also, the US will budget an additional $680 million future expenditure to Israel and, in exchange, the US will receive the technology rights and plans for the Iron Dome unit.

So, yes, Obama is supporting Israel in the sense that they will allow Israel the ability to build more Iron Dome units for their protection, but he did it so that the US can obtain rights and plans for the unit. He would have been a fool not to have made this deal as the Iron Dome unit is very effective and will change the military outlook around the world. If he had not of made this deal, he would have came across as an ineffective leader that passed on a golden opportunity.