PDA

View Full Version : Blade Runner 2049

Standing Wolf
12-21-2016, 04:48 PM
The first trailer is out. October 2017 release date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDscTTE-P-k

I'm concerned right away because the trailer begins with a voiceover by Ford. Both Ford and Scott hated the voiceover that the producers forced on them for the first film - and rightly so. It's a far better movie without the voiceover, but the producers were afraid that audiences wouldn't "get" what was happening in the movie without someone telling them. Now the long-awaited sequel has a voiceover? With Ridley Scott producing? I really hope not.

Common Sense
12-21-2016, 04:57 PM
Cool beans. They better not fuck it up.

Ethereal
12-21-2016, 05:29 PM
I don't think that was a "voice over" and they would be out of their minds to make the sequel with a voice over.

And as Blade Runner is arguably my favorite movie ever, they better get this right.

So far, the choice of Gosling as the new blade runner is a strong one, so that bodes well.

Unfortunate that we have to wait until October of next year, though. That's going to be a lot of effort on my part to avoid commercials and trailers because they often reveal way too much for my tastes.

Standing Wolf
12-21-2016, 06:05 PM
I suppose it's too much to ask for an old Roy Batty to somehow make an appearance.

That scene in the desert made me have a flashback to the "dream" sequences in the '80s remake of Cat People.

Green Arrow
12-21-2016, 07:52 PM
I'm excited. I try to go into these things with an open mind.

Crepitus
12-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Gonna be cool.

I hope.