PDA

View Full Version : Deep Thoughts

Conley
10-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Why is it socially acceptable for adults to drink milk from a cow, but not from a human?

I mean, it seems like it would be more normal for us to drink human milk. Plus, a lot of started out drinking it.

So what's up with that?

???

spunkloaf
10-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Why is it socially acceptable for adults to drink milk from a cow, but not from a human?

I mean, it seems like it would be more normal for us to drink human milk. Plus, a lot of started out drinking it.

So what's up with that?

???

Wow. I just thought of this the other day, believe it or not. I thought about recruiting lactating women for hire.

Conley
10-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Yes!

I am glad SOMEONE on here has given this some thought and is willing to discuss it.

I don't think I would want to drink a stranger's milk, but then again we drink the milk from cows that we've never even met!

Actually I don't drink milk, from either cows or humans, but if I did...well, who knows.

Mister D
10-06-2011, 06:09 PM
The thought of it is pretty gross.

Conley
10-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Right. But isn't that weird? And it's all social conditioning.

Mister D
10-06-2011, 06:13 PM

So is the taboo regarding eating human meat...where the fuck is this going, bro? ??? :o

Conley
10-06-2011, 06:16 PM

So is the taboo regarding eating human meat...where the fuck is this going, bro? ??? :o

:D

But it's completely different because we don't each human meat as infants.

Strawman. ;D

edit: We don't -eat- human meat as infants.

I feel a little dizzy.

spunkloaf
10-06-2011, 06:19 PM
What a peculiar discussion.

Conley
10-06-2011, 06:21 PM
It strikes me that "Who Comes Up With This Crap" would have been a good title for this thread, about human versus bovine milk, where as "Deep Thoughts" fits perfectly for the other thread where we're discussing God and Man's free will.

O0 O0

Mister D
10-06-2011, 06:42 PM

Strawman. ;D

I feel a little dizzy.

We may not but why not? It's just social conditioning... ;) I bet you and Spunkloaf are well marbled.

Conley
10-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Strawman. ;D

I feel a little dizzy.

We may not but why not? It's just social conditioning... ;) I bet you and Spunkloaf are well marbled.

:D Sicko.

There are actually significant health risks in eating your own species. Some argue we've evolved that way. I'm not sure how far down the animal chain you have to go to find widespread cannibalism.

Mister D
10-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I've always heard that your own species is the easiest to digest. After all, they are just like you so there are fewer proteins etc. to breakdown or convert in your digestive system. Hmmm..a Conley burger. >:D Or a Spunkloaf! Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Conley
10-06-2011, 07:00 PM

The conversion or lack there of is exactly why you run the risk of getting holes in your brain. Mad cow disease happens when cows are fed other cows (in bits of course), and a similar phenomenon has been observed in human cannibal societies.

Conley
10-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder that is a type of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, caused by a prion found in humans.[1] The term "kuru" derives from the Fore word "kuria/guria" ("to shake"),[2] a reference to the body tremors that are a classic symptom of the disease; it is also known among the Fore as the laughing sickness due to the pathologic bursts of laughter people would display when afflicted with the disease. It is now widely accepted that Kuru was transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_%28disease%29

Mister D
10-06-2011, 07:03 PM

The conversion or lack there of is exactly why you run the risk of getting holes in your brain. Mad cow disease happens when cows are fed other cows (in bits of course), and a similar phenomenon has been observed in human cannibal societies.

I don't know. A lot of species eat there own kind. You might have a point about social conditioning. :o

Conley
10-06-2011, 07:05 PM

I don't know. A lot of species eat there own kind. You might have a point about social conditioning. :o

Which species?

Mister D
10-06-2011, 07:16 PM

Which species?

In zoology, cannibalism is the act of one individual of a species consuming all or part of another individual of the same species as food. Cannibalism is a common ecological interaction in the animal kingdom and has been recorded for more than 1500 species [1] It does not, as once believed, occur only as a result of extreme food shortages or artificial conditions, but commonly occurs under natural conditions in a variety of species.[1][2][3] Cannibalism seems to be especially prevalent in aquatic communities, in which up to approximately 90% of the organisms engage in cannibalism at some point of the life cycle. Cannibalism is also not restricted to carnivorous species, but is commonly found in herbivores and detritivores.[2]

I've got a hankerin' for some vittles that I've been denied to long...

Conley
10-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Certainly it exists. I want to know where among the higher order animals it is observed. I believe some species of birds practice it. Blue Jays. Not sure.

Conley
10-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Its food is sought both on the ground and in trees and includes virtually all known types of plant and animal sources, such as acorns and beech mast, weed seeds, grain, fruits and other berries, peanuts, bread, meat, small invertebrates of many types, scraps in town parks, bird-table food and rarely eggs and nestlings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Jay#Diet

Mister D
10-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Certainly it exists. I want to know where among the higher order animals it is observed. I believe some species of birds practice it. Blue Jays. Not sure.

I'm pretty sure almost all sharks do it. I'm not sure what you mean by "higher order animals". Other than humans I'm not sure if any other primates do it but I might be wrong. The wiki article may have further resources.

Conley
10-06-2011, 07:38 PM

I'm pretty sure almost all sharks do it. I'm not sure what you mean by "higher order animals". Other than humans I'm not sure if any other primates do it but I might be wrong. The wiki article may have further resources.

Sharks? Not that I know of. A couple of rare species is all I can find.

Mister D
10-06-2011, 08:26 PM

Animals usually avoid cannibalism, but not because of any ethical or moral imperative; although consuming the flesh of one’s species mates offers a useful source of nutrients, it is also likely to contribute to the spread of pathogens, and, therefore disease. However, a number of studies over the past decade have revealed that cannibalism is surprisingly widespread across the animal kingdom. Groups that occasionally eat members of their own species range from lowly protozoa, slime molds, and sea slugs to insects, spiders, fish, reptiles (including dinosaurs; dinosaur bones have been found bearing the teeth marks of their kind), amphibians, birds, and at least 100 species of mammals, such as hamsters, rats, squirrels, bats, seals and sea lions, otters, polar and grizzly bears, lions, tigers, and chimpanzees. Researchers in New Zealand have even found the remains of a giant squid tentacle within the stomach of another giant squid-evidence that it either ate its compatriot, or accidentally ingested itself. Either option, scientists say, is cannibalism.

Seems we both have a point.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/sharkland/animal-cannibalism/1946/

Conley
10-06-2011, 08:29 PM

Animals usually avoid cannibalism, but not because of any ethical or moral imperative; although consuming the flesh of one’s species mates offers a useful source of nutrients, it is also likely to contribute to the spread of pathogens, and, therefore disease. However, a number of studies over the past decade have revealed that cannibalism is surprisingly widespread across the animal kingdom. Groups that occasionally eat members of their own species range from lowly protozoa, slime molds, and sea slugs to insects, spiders, fish, reptiles (including dinosaurs; dinosaur bones have been found bearing the teeth marks of their kind), amphibians, birds, and at least 100 species of mammals, such as hamsters, rats, squirrels, bats, seals and sea lions, otters, polar and grizzly bears, lions, tigers, and chimpanzees. Researchers in New Zealand have even found the remains of a giant squid tentacle within the stomach of another giant squid-evidence that it either ate its compatriot, or accidentally ingested itself. Either option, scientists say, is cannibalism.

Seems we both have a point.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/sharkland/animal-cannibalism/1946/

That's what I was looking for. Interesting.

Conley
10-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Seems rare but I can't get a good source.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v238/n5364/abs/238410a0.html

Mister D
10-06-2011, 09:11 PM
I was looking for a good source too but all I see are bits of information scattered all over. I don't think it's that important to either of us. :D

I thought you didn't smoke weed? What's with Towely? That's from South Park right?

Conley
10-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I was looking for a good source too but all I see are bits of information scattered all over. I don't think it's that important to either of us. :D

I thought you didn't smoke weed? What's with Towely? That's from South Park right?

:D I thought Spunk would comment on that before you would. Well done.

No, I don't smoke these days.

I just felt like with the discussions we were having a weed reference was appropriate.

MMC
10-07-2011, 08:44 AM

Conley
10-07-2011, 09:00 AM
:D If I lived next door to you I'm sure I would smoke a lot more >:D

Conley
10-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Species that consistently cannibalize themselves probably wouldn't survive very long either. There are enough evolutionary pressures without adding that one to the mix.

MMC
10-07-2011, 09:53 AM

Conley
10-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Species that consistently cannibalize themselves probably wouldn't survive very long either. There are enough evolutionary pressures without adding that one to the mix.

Black Widow Spiders do it.....but they just eat the males.

And after they have mated...which allows the species to survive.

Conley
10-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Preying Mantis rips the head right off:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/Praying_Mantis_Sexual_Cannibalism_European-26.jpg/800px-Praying_Mantis_Sexual_Cannibalism_European-26.jpg

Brutal. Looks like what is about to happen to Pen in the next Chess match :D

MMC
10-07-2011, 10:05 AM

Mister D
10-07-2011, 10:17 AM

I just felt like with the discussions we were having a weed reference was appropriate.

In my experience, when you smoke you only make sense to the people smoking with me. ;D I used to try and read when I would smoke weed and whatever I was reading would be incredibly interesting but when I sobered up I couldn't remember much of it.

MMC
10-07-2011, 10:30 AM

In my experience, when you smoke you only make sense to the people smoking with me. ;D I used to try and read when I would smoke weed and whatever I was reading would be incredibly interesting but when I sobered up I couldn't remember much of it.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1234263280509&id=9920b48727c873598051b8a4aef897cb&url=http%3a%2f%2fbackseatcuddler.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2008%2f09%2fsherlock-holmes-thomas-watson.jpg

In-doobe-itably Watson.....ABsolutely! Hip Hip Cheerio! http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/teapot.png Earl Grey? ;)

spunkloaf
10-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Preying Mantis rips the head right off:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/Praying_Mantis_Sexual_Cannibalism_European-26.jpg/800px-Praying_Mantis_Sexual_Cannibalism_European-26.jpg

Brutal. Looks like what is about to happen to Pen in the next Chess match :D

This picture is making me horny.

Conley
10-07-2011, 12:32 PM

:o

I hope it was at least good sex. It would suck to have a bad tumble and then get your head ripped off. Talk about a bad day!

Mister D
10-07-2011, 12:42 PM

I hope it was at least good sex. It would suck to have a bad tumble and then get your head ripped off. Talk about a bad day!

My girl asked me to give her 12 inches and make it hurt. So I fucked her twice and threw her down the stairs.

MMC
10-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Conley
10-07-2011, 12:45 PM

My girl asked me to give her 12 inches and make it hurt. So I fucked her twice and threw her down the stairs.

Well that was pretty rude!

If she wanted twelve you would have needed three times at least.

:D :cya20:

Mister D
10-07-2011, 12:46 PM

Well that was pretty rude!

If she wanted twelve you would have needed three times at least.

:D :cya20:

>:( >:(

Conley
10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
:-* :-* ;D

MMC
10-07-2011, 12:48 PM

Mister D
10-07-2011, 12:51 PM

Never give them totally what they want.....oh, and all that Work ??? Remembers Speed kills! http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/f_zen.gif

Yeah, it almost did. I guess should have kind of slid her down or something. ;D

Conley
10-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Never give them totally what they want.....oh, and all that Work ??? Remembers Speed kills! http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/f_zen.gif

Yeah, it almost did. I guess should have kind of slid her down or something. ;D

Stairchair:

http://www.electricliftchairstore.com/images/stair%20chair%20lift.jpg

MMC
10-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Conley
10-13-2011, 02:25 PM
:roflmao: if he is he must really love his work!

MMC
10-15-2011, 10:43 AM

Conley
10-15-2011, 10:44 AM
If you want to prove aliens exist I'd say she is a better example than anything Georgio has thrown out there. 8)

MMC
10-17-2011, 04:35 PM

MMC
10-18-2011, 08:09 AM

MMC
10-18-2011, 09:44 AM

MMC
10-18-2011, 09:49 AM

MMC
10-19-2011, 02:32 PM

MMC
10-19-2011, 03:13 PM

MMC
10-21-2011, 04:10 PM

MMC
10-30-2011, 04:02 AM

MMC
10-30-2011, 04:04 AM

MMC
10-30-2011, 04:11 AM

MMC
11-04-2011, 12:27 AM

MMC
11-04-2011, 12:31 AM

MMC
11-04-2011, 12:38 AM

MMC
11-04-2011, 12:41 AM

MMC
11-04-2011, 12:50 AM

MMC
11-04-2011, 01:11 AM

MMC
11-04-2011, 01:31 AM

wingrider
11-04-2011, 08:34 AM
You know I heard a liberal had a deep thought once and got lost in unfamiliar territory

Conley
11-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Does anyone else think Larry David's wife on Curb Your Enthusiasm is sneaky-hot?

MMC
11-05-2011, 02:06 AM

MMC
11-05-2011, 02:18 AM

MMC
11-05-2011, 02:45 AM

spunkloaf
11-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Thoughts on world hunger and starving people. I don't think anybody living in western civilization....or who has access to a refrigerator for that matter, including me... has any substantive or intelligent input on the subject of world hunger. So profess your fake empathy for the hungry, I'll pretend it warms my heart, and you can chomp down your next meal in wonderful wonderful ignorance. Sure you feel bad. But that's not accomplishing anything, is it? You're still here feeding your face, elsewhere somebody withers, their skin shrink-wrapping their skeletal figure, digesting themselves from the inside out. We're gluttons by design, so don't feel bad.

Mister D
11-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Thoughts on world hunger and starving people. I don't think anybody living in western civilization....or who has access to a refrigerator for that matter, including me... has any substantive or intelligent input on the subject of world hunger. So profess your fake empathy for the hungry, I'll pretend it warms my heart, and you can chomp down your next meal in wonderful wonderful ignorance. Sure you feel bad. But that's not accomplishing anything, is it? You're still here feeding your face, elsewhere somebody withers, their skin shrink-wrapping their skeletal figure, digesting themselves from the inside out. We're gluttons by design, so don't feel bad.

Who are you talking about? No, I don't typically watch these videos.

Conley
11-10-2011, 09:34 AM

You're right that feeling badly about it doesn't do much, but there are plenty of charities that address the issue. I agree that we evolved to eat and put on fat for times when food supplies are scarce. We are fortunate that here in the U.S. that is rarely an issue.

Mister D
11-10-2011, 09:47 AM

You're right that feeling badly about it doesn't do much, but there are plenty of charities that address the issue. I agree that we evolved to eat and put on fat for times when food supplies are scarce. We are fortunate that here in the U.S. that is rarely an issue.

wHY DID THIS COME UP?

Conley
11-10-2011, 09:53 AM

wHY DID THIS COME UP?

Why did what come up? What's going on? Why am I here?

Mister D
11-10-2011, 09:58 AM

wHY DID THIS COME UP?

Why did what come up? What's going on? Why am I here?

World hunger. Never mind. Not a big deal.

Conley
11-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Ah. Well I dunno. I guess this is a thread where anything goes. ;D

MMC
11-10-2011, 10:46 AM

jgreer
11-10-2011, 10:53 AM
America, the Land of Confusion.

Genesis Land of Confusion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU9lv_WqK6k#)

Conley
11-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Great video. Politically relevant too. ;)

Mister D
11-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Guess I will let the confusion set in.....unless World hunger is Spunks Deep thought. What I am trying to understand is where did the comment on the video's come in. Not to mention the last few were nothing but Music Videos. Didn't see any on World Hunger or any other deep thought.

Sp it had nothing to do with the videos? :D Spunk... ::)

MMC
11-10-2011, 11:48 AM

Conley
11-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Hits Tits and Fits :rofl:

Mister D
11-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Hits Tits and Fits :rofl:

It does go a long way in describing this place. ;D

spunkloaf
11-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Well whaddya know.....at least one of these Libs actually listens to music. Now if we can just get them to start adding to the Music Collection.

Tune into the Rant.....Where we got your Hits, Tits, and Fits. Coming at you All Day/All Night. 7 Days a week. No commercial breaks.

Be are 100th Caller this Saturday night Between Midnight and 4 am, and you will recieve a Tip.

Jingle>>>>>W.R.A.N.T! Talk Communication.

Now back to the Show.....where today we may learn that liberals Do Indeed have Deep Thoughts. O0

The richness of your musical culture pales in comparison to the richness of mine, I am quite sure of it. :P

MMC
11-10-2011, 01:56 PM

MMC
11-13-2011, 10:59 AM

spunkloaf
11-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Well whaddya know.....at least one of these Libs actually listens to music. Now if we can just get them to start adding to the Music Collection.

Tune into the Rant.....Where we got your Hits, Tits, and Fits. Coming at you All Day/All Night. 7 Days a week. No commercial breaks.

Be are 100th Caller this Saturday night Between Midnight and 4 am, and you will recieve a Tip.

Jingle>>>>>W.R.A.N.T! Talk Communication.

Now back to the Show.....where today we may learn that liberals Do Indeed have Deep Thoughts. O0

The richness of your musical culture pales in comparison to the richness of mine, I am quite sure of it. :P

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/biglaugh.gif http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/roflmao.gif http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/rofl.gif http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/smiley_ROFLMAO.gif I doubt it very seriously. There is really only one form of Music that I do not really get into.

The richness..... http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/point.gif

Looks at Jukebox.....looks at Spunk, raise Eyebrows-Twice.
Looks back at the jukeBox.....then Rock thread......at spunk again and back then to the Rap Thread.....then at the Female singers thread, then the Dedicate a song thread, back at Spunk again.....then the Military tribute thread.....then back at Spunk again.

Ahem.....Cough Cough.....looks Like All that Richness you were talking about. Seems.....I was going to say lite. But Damn near non-existent to me. 8)

Yeah you really think you're something else, don't you? :D

:-*

When (if ever) I approve of your findings, you'll know you're getting somewhere in your musical quest. ;D

jgreer
11-13-2011, 11:26 AM
I think he runs the site

spunkloaf
11-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Oh I shouldn't be so harsh on you MMC. After all you have a point I never did post much did I? It's not that your threads.....bored me, or anything......I.......just got lazy. Yeah, I just got lazy that's all. :-*

spunkloaf
11-13-2011, 11:33 AM
I think he runs the site

I wouldn't start down that path if I were you.

There was a guy who used to hang around here, his name was SeedyROM. He became obsessed with the incorrect idea that I ran this forum, so much that after it was shut down he sent me harassing e-mails. At first the e-mails were jabs at me being a liberal, then he accused me of shutting down the forum because I supposedly couldn't cope with conservatives overrunning it, then he offered to buy the domain from me. I should have "sold" it to him, he would have been very disappointed. :-) But the more I denied that I ran the forum, the more pushy and angry he got. It got creepy. He ended up sending ADMIN e-mails accusing ADMIN of being me**. :roflmao:

** at least that's what he told me

Conley
11-13-2011, 11:37 AM
:rofl:

You totally should have sold it to him Spunk, that'd be fucking hilarious.

But yeah, I will shut up now...I don't want Seedy to see this and start up again ::)

Mister D
11-13-2011, 12:05 PM
I think he runs the site

Not this again... ::)

MMC
11-15-2011, 02:53 AM

MMC
11-19-2011, 08:20 AM

MMC
11-22-2011, 02:26 AM

MMC
11-22-2011, 06:39 AM

MMC
11-23-2011, 02:10 AM

MMC
01-13-2012, 06:32 PM

Conley
01-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Thinking of TigE?

MMC
01-13-2012, 07:25 PM

Conley
01-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Yep, I thought I saw a theme running through the music.