PDA

View Full Version : For The Discussion of Military Service

Conley
10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Let's put our thoughts here instead of cluttering up the Tribute thread.

MMC
10-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Seems some think War is just about killing. that such is the reason that two countries want to go to War. Just to kill each each other. ::)

Mister D
10-09-2011, 08:14 PM
What's the background?

MMC
10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
What's the background?

One tried to dump on the Tribute thread for those who have or are serving. So CL moved it on out of there. Into here. I was going with the thought on them saying something about cheering death and killing.

Conley
10-09-2011, 08:51 PM
What's the background?

One tried to dump on the Tribute thread for those who have or are serving. So CL moved it on out of there. Into here. I was going with the thought on them saying something about cheering death and killing.

Yeah check the posts if you can keep the connection.

MMC
10-10-2011, 07:38 AM
No one else came back with anything last nite.....huh?

Conley
10-10-2011, 08:10 AM
No one else came back with anything last nite.....huh?

Yeah it got kinda late and it was Sunday...I got sleepy ;D

Elibe
10-10-2011, 08:43 AM
many people join the military because they cant do anything else. have no money have no job skills etc. it is an all volunteer army

the majority of those volunteers need money and have nowhere else to turn

they do not sign up to protect anyones freedom they just need a job. thats also part of why the republicans are fine with a bad economy for the lower classes sincethey need soldiers

Mister D
10-10-2011, 08:57 AM
many people join the military because they cant do anything else. have no money have no job skills etc. it is an all volunteer army

they do not sign up to protect anyones freedom they just need a job. thats also part of why the republicans are fine with a bad economy for the lower classes sincethey need soldiers

Points one and two sort of make sense but people join the military for all sorts of reasons. The third is just partisan nonsense.

Conley
10-10-2011, 08:59 AM

Yeah people enlist for all kinds of reasons. What's wrong with trying to better yourself? Isn't that the American dream? Would you rather them turn to a life of crime? Or even better, maybe they could have gotten a loan from the government to go to a fancy school and end up working on Wall Street. ;)

Mister D
10-10-2011, 09:16 AM

Yeah people enlist for all kinds of reasons. What's wrong with trying to better yourself? Isn't that the American dream? Would you rather them turn to a life of crime? Or even better, maybe they could have gotten a loan from the government to go to a fancy school and end up working on Wall Street. ;)

Yeah, I did detect a little disdain there.

Elibe
10-10-2011, 09:22 AM
they cant even get into schools thats the point. they didnt study or didnt have the smarts so they end up serving.

im not saying its a bad thing im just explaining to you that they are signing up because they want to protect you or be your hero. they are doing it for a pay check which is fine.

Elibe
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM

if you are talking to me i didnt mean it

believe it when i tell you i didnt go to the best schools either heh

Mister D
10-10-2011, 09:36 AM
they cant even get into schools thats the point. they didnt study or didnt have the smarts so they end up serving.

im not saying its a bad thing im just explaining to you that they are signing up because they want to protect you or be your hero. they are doing it for a pay check which is fine.

Reminds me of most of our Mexican migrants. In any case, people sign up for all sorts of reasons and there service is to be respected. This isn't coming across well, Elibe. :-\

Mr. Wonderful
10-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Typical liberal backtalk. I meant it but I didn't mean it. Reminds me of Kerry throwing his medals away (which he didn't even earn).

Pendragon
10-10-2011, 10:21 AM

Reminds me of most of our Mexican migrants. In any case, people sign up for all sorts of reasons and there service is to be respected. This isn't coming across well, Elibe. :-\

Your comparison of Mexican migrants to our servicemen is worse than anything Elibe said.

In any event he is absolutely correct.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 10:27 AM

Your comparison of Mexican migrants to our servicemen is worse than anything Elibe said.

In any event he is absolutely correct.

How so?

In any event, you agree. :D ::)

Pendragon
10-10-2011, 10:37 AM
He is correct in that individuals sign up for financial reasons and not patriotism.

Pendragon
10-10-2011, 10:45 AM

The only one showing disdain here is you.

Most of us know how you feel about Mexican immigrants.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 10:52 AM

That they aren't generally of high quality? Of course you do.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
He is correct in that individuals sign up for financial reasons and not patriotism.

Individuals sign up for all osrts of reasons. There were kids from my town and neighboring towns that joined the military in the wake of 9/11 and Iraq/Afghnaistan. I assure you, no one around here is poor.

Pendragon
10-10-2011, 10:58 AM

Now you are calling our brave men and women in uniform not of high quality? For shame!

You must be pleased to see them marched out beyond this country's borders in all these meaningless excursions.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM

Now you are calling our brave men and women in uniform not of high quality? For shame!

You must be pleased to see them marched out beyond this country's borders in all these meaningless excursions.

Take it up with Elibe. He described our "brave men and women in uniform" that way. Not me. I just said his description sounded like Mexican migrants.

Elibe
10-10-2011, 08:43 PM
not me

dont put words in my mouth

MMC
10-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Sounds like the reality distortion has set in. So what guys are rushing up to join the Armed Services for money? Guess that Combat Pay must bring all that fame and fortune. Uhm.....we are at War. Combat pay is all any are paid. So if you think people are joining up for 250-350 dollars a month, and that the main reason was for money. Then people are sadly misinformed. :-\