PDA

View Full Version : Executive Order Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United St

Peter1469
03-06-2017, 12:05 PM
Executive Order Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States (https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/03/06/executive-order-protecting-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states)
Here is the new EO.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq., and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and to protect the Nation from terrorist activities by foreign nationals admitted to the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Read the rest at the link.

Peter1469
03-06-2017, 02:49 PM
It does not remove Iraq from the list of suspect nations as CNN first reported. We are just treating Iraq different now. Some of them can travel here in the cooling off period.

Lots of stuff in the new EO.

Peter1469
03-06-2017, 02:52 PM
We know the activists will get this in front of the 9th Circuit. It will be interesting to see how it rules this time.

Peter1469
03-06-2017, 04:20 PM
World Affairs discusses the new EO (http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/content/revised-executive-order-bans-travelers-six-muslim-majority-countries-getting-new-visas?utm_source=World+Affairs+Newsletter&utm_campaign=25d5875f14-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_06&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f83b38c5c7-25d5875f14-294709645). Or rather links to WAPO:

President Trump signed a new travel ban Monday that administration officials said they hope will end legal challenges over the matter by imposing a 90-day ban on the issuance of new visas for citizens of six majority-Muslim nations, authorities said.

In addition, the nation’s refu*gee program will be suspended for 120 days, and it will not accept more than 50,000 refugees in a year, down from the 110,000 cap set by the Obama administration.

Trump signed the new ban out of public view, according to White House officials. The order will not take effect until March 16. Trump’s first order had been ordered frozen by the courts, but the Justice Department indicated in court filings that — unless told otherwise — they will begin enforcement of the new one when it officially takes hold.

Safety
03-06-2017, 04:33 PM
We won't truly be safe until Saudi Arabia is added to the list, considering they were the country where 16 of the 17 hijackers originated from that perpetrated the worst attack ever on our soil. Until that time, this is just smoke and mirrors.

Peter1469
03-06-2017, 04:35 PM
We won't truly be safe until Saudi Arabia is added to the list, considering they were the country where 16 of the 17 hijackers originated from that perpetrated the worst attack ever on our soil. Until that time, this is just smoke and mirrors.

I don't have any problem adding them and Pakistan to the list.

Archer0915
03-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Executive Order Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States (https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/03/06/executive-order-protecting-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states)

Here is the new EO.

Read the rest at the link.

WOW! Thorough!

NapRover
03-06-2017, 05:36 PM
I don't have any problem adding them and Pakistan to the list.
Me neither, the more the merrier.

Peter1469
03-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Anyway the guys who wrote this one took the various court's complaints and incorporated the fixes to their current issues. But I am sure the 9th Circuit courts will create a result they desire.

Don
03-06-2017, 06:37 PM
I would like to see our policies change so we don't aid and abet in the reasons there are refugees in the first place. We should also try to keep the refugees close to their home countries as possible. Any that do come here should get continued monitoring. I would also like to see the scope of our refugee policies changed so that there is no promise that they will be able to become citizens and jump to the front of the line ahead of others wanting to immigrate here. When the times come they would be better off in their own countries and should return to them. Then those who really want to immigrate here and blend in should apply like anyone else.

Peter1469
03-06-2017, 06:39 PM
I would like to see our policies change so we don't aid and abet in the reasons there are refugees in the first place. We should also try to keep the refugees close to their home countries as possible. Any that do come here should get continued monitoring. I would also like to see the scope of our refugee policies changed so that there is no promise that they will be able to become citizens and jump to the front of the line ahead of others wanting to immigrate here. When the times come they would be better off in their own countries and should return to them. Then those who really want to immigrate here and blend in should apply like anyone else.
A Swedish study said that the cost for 3000 migrants in Sweden would equal 100,000 cared for in the Middle east.

Peter1469
03-07-2017, 05:04 PM
The EO adds in information regarding the threat from the named countries. Here is some coverage on that.

FBI probes involve 300 people admitted to U.S. as refugees -congressional sources (http://news.trust.org/item/20170306160224-h3fni)

The FBI is investigating 300 people who were admitted into the United States as refugees as part of 1,000 counterterrorism investigations involving Islamic State or individuals inspired by the militant group, congressional sources told Reuters on Monday, citing senior administration officials.
Department of Homeland Security officials did not provide details of the investigations or the current immigration status of those 300 individuals during a briefing with congressional staffers, according to the sources, who requested anonymity. (Reporting by Patricia Zengerle; Writing by Doina Chiacu; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

The lack of this evidence in the record was one of the problems the 9th Circuit had with the first EO.