PDA

View Full Version : Wikileaks Releases CIA Hacking Secrets

FindersKeepers
03-07-2017, 11:10 AM
I put this one here because I think it deserves serious discussions. These are ways the CIA can spy on you -- on anyone.

Is Wikileaks really out of bounds this time? Or, are they doing us a favor?

Thoughts?

Since 2001 the CIA has gained political and budgetary preeminence over the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA). The CIA found itself building not just its now infamous drone fleet, but a very different type of covert, globe-spanning force — its own substantial fleet of hackers. The agency's hacking division freed it from having to disclose its often controversial operations to the NSA (its primary bureaucratic rival) in order to draw on the NSA's hacking capacities.
By the end of 2016, the CIA's hacking division, which formally falls under the agency's Center for Cyber Intelligence (https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/files/org-chart.png) (CCI), had over 5000 registered users and had produced more than a thousand hacking systems, trojans, viruses, and other "weaponized" malware. Such is the scale of the CIA's undertaking that by 2016, its hackers had utilized more code than that used to run Facebook. The CIA had created, in effect, its "own NSA" with even less accountability and without publicly answering the question as to whether such a massive budgetary spend on duplicating the capacities of a rival agency could be justified.

Read the rest -- plus the released documents here:

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

AeonPax
03-07-2017, 11:16 AM
`
I just learned about this a few minutes ago. I'm on the site now, looking through the documents that can be downloaded. A lot of this appears to be technical data as opposed to any reports but there is so much here, it will take hundreds of people to even start combing through it.

FindersKeepers
03-07-2017, 11:17 AM
`
I just learned about this a few minutes ago. I'm on the site now, looking through the documents that can be downloaded. A lot of this appears to be technical data as opposed to any reports but there is so much here, it will take hundreds of people to even start combing through it.

I'm going to spend some time checking them out, too.

Post anything interesting you find.

The Xl
03-07-2017, 11:19 AM
The CIA is nefarious, isn't credible, and doesn't have the American peoples interests at heart.

Peter1469
03-07-2017, 03:36 PM
I imagine the CIA is going nuts trying to find their leak. It seems as if a lot of stuff that use to be disregarded as conspiracy theory may indeed be fact.