PDA

View Full Version : Trump-Russian Conspiracy Theories

Ethereal
03-08-2017, 11:55 AM
So we have this subforum, which includes, among other things, "conspiracy".

My question is: What qualifies as a "conspiracy" in the topical sense?

Does the endless speculation, exaggeration, and innuendo with regards to Trump being a Russian agent qualify as such?

And if it does qualify, then why isn't it relegated to this sub-forum with all the other "conspiracy" topics?

I ask because it seems like there is an obvious double standard. Anytime I posit an explanation that deviates from conventional wisdom, Democrats are quick to label it a "conspiracy theory".

Yet they are peddling an insane "conspiracy theory" every single day on this forum. In fact, tPF has been turned into one big "conspiracy theory" forum by our resident Democrat partisans. How is that fair to other posters who've had their threads labeled a "conspiracy theory" and then relegated to this sub-forum. Here is one example of such: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/77482-Trail-of-Bodies

So if accusing the Clintons of killing a bunch of people is a "conspiracy theory", then why isn't every single thread about Trump being a Russian agent treated the same?

decedent
03-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Putin wants the economic sanctions to end. Many calls from Trumps team were made to Russia, and they were about economic sanctions. The DNC was hacked by Russia. Many members of Trump's team have been caught lying about Russian connections.

Why are they lying about connections to Russia? Why aren't they investigating the hacking? Why do they praise Putin? Why is there a coverup? Why would they discuss sanctions with Russia? Why would they meet with Russian diplomats during the campaign?

Sessions needs to step down. An Attorney General cannot continue after lying to Congress. This isn't a conspiracy theory; this is real and it's unacceptable.

Doublejack
03-08-2017, 12:42 PM
If recent past presidential conspiracy theories are a gauge I would suspect about 4-8 years.

decedent
03-08-2017, 12:44 PM
And Democrat domination for a decade.

Ethereal
03-08-2017, 12:52 PM
If recent past presidential conspiracy theories are a gauge I would suspect about 4-8 years.
Yea, the only difference being that anti-Democrat "conspiracy theories" like Clinton's body count are usually relegated to the "conspiracy" subforum whereas pro-Democrat "conspiracy theories" are being given wall-to-wall coverage in our most trafficked subforums. And aside from the obviously "conspiratorial" nature of these "theories", they also raise the question of spam. I feel like the only people who could get away with this are Democrats. If Republicans or libertarians were posting the same "conspiracy theory" over and over again, they'd get squashed rather quickly, and the forum Democrats would be leading the charge to have them squashed. I see this is as a double standard. Naturally, the ones benefiting from this double standard (Democrats) will claim vigorously that no such double standard exists and that their conspiracy theories aren't really conspiracy theories and their spam not really spam. But from a non-Democrat perspective, it seems pretty obvious that they're getting away with the forum equivalent of rioting.

Ethereal
03-08-2017, 12:53 PM
At least you are up front about the Democrat party's desire for domination. Others try to obfuscate it with appeals to "health" and "safety".

Doublejack
03-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Yea, the only difference being that anti-Democrat "conspiracy theories" like Clinton's body count are usually relegated to the "conspiracy" subforum whereas pro-Democrat "conspiracy theories" are being given wall-to-wall coverage in our most trafficked subforums. And aside from the obviously "conspiratorial" nature of these "theories", they also raise the question of spam. I feel like the only people who could get away with this are Democrats. If Republicans or libertarians were posting the same "conspiracy theory" over and over again, they'd get squashed rather quickly, and the forum Democrats would be leading the charge to have them squashed. I see this is as a double standard. Naturally, the ones benefiting from this double standard (Democrats) will claim vigorously that no such double standard exists and that their conspiracy theories aren't really conspiracy theories and their spam not really spam. But from a non-Democrat perspective, it seems pretty obvious that they're getting away with the forum equivalent of rioting.

Maybe it's a conspiracy?

Ethereal
03-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Maybe it's a conspiracy?
As in, it's true?

Doublejack
03-08-2017, 01:09 PM
As in, it's true?
Yes! They're all in on it.

Now go make yourself useful and create a youtube video about it.

Common
03-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Im waiting for the left in general not the forum left to start claiming Trump is a pedophille, thats just about all thats left.

The good thing is they have accused him of so much and raged and ranted so much, that everyone has tuned them out

Ethereal
03-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Yes! They're all in on it.

Now go make yourself useful and create a youtube video about it.

I have no idea what you're talking about now. You seem to have lost the plot.

Peter1469
03-08-2017, 07:01 PM

Changing your platform to not cater to fringe groups?