PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Dealing with Trolling

Chris
10-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Admin upon advice of mods has added the following to The Political Forums Revised Rules and Regulations (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/6236-The-Political-Forums-Revised-Rules-and-Regulations) under Guideline:

Trolling reports will be considered only if you can point out violations of rules. Otherwise, the best advice for dealing with trolling is to simply ignore it.

More generally mods have the following advice:

We're a little society here, and societies ostracize those who don't belong. One way is by ignoring them.

The initial reaction to a troll is anger, but that just feeds the troll. Over time, they're seen for what they are, made fun of, then paid less and less attention. When they're ignored--not fed, they'll go away. Newbies will fall for it, but catch on.

Report them, but reports on trolling will be considered only if you can point out violations of rules. Mods trying to deal with them just feeds them, too, given attention, they'll troll you all more and more.

It might be fun, sometimes, to make one dance, but that too just feeds them.

So do nothing--ignore them, they'll get bored, and go elsewhere.

Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Thank you, the Mods

Larry Dickman
10-31-2012, 04:43 PM
There's quite a few members who hate the trolls, yet keep getting sucked into the mud dance. Not that it matters much, but I'm pretty much done here unless the bullshit ceases. I have less than zero interest in playing faggoty little parlor games with assholes, and once I see others feeding the pigs I tune out.

It may very well be that the forum experience in and of itself is not suited to my temperament. I sincerely have no tolerance left for flaming idiots, but I guess some people like the game.

Trinnity
10-31-2012, 04:45 PM
The forum has a way of weeding out trouble. It takes time. Hang in there.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2012, 04:51 PM
There's quite a few members who hate the trolls, yet keep getting sucked into the mud dance. Not that it matters much, but I'm pretty much done here unless the bullshit ceases. I have less than zero interest in playing faggoty little parlor games with assholes, and once I see others feeding the pigs I tune out.

It may very well be that the forum experience in and of itself is not suited to my temperament. I sincerely have no tolerance left for flaming idiots, but I guess some people like the game.

OK then, what would you have us do?

I've posed this question more than a few times and it's gone nowhere. So should Cigar be banned? Moderated? If we're going to be consistent, then everyone who posts an off-color remark on a thread is subject to moderation.

So we can have it either way - not both ways. We can increase the moderation to the extent that only on-topic replies are acceptable and anything near the belt is actionable.

Do you or anyone else want the latter? Be careful what you wish for.

Chris
10-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Whatever rule you'd like to impose on one will be imposed on all alike. So as cap suggests, careful what you wish for.

BooHoo
10-31-2012, 04:54 PM
I've been on several forums and it seems there are some trolls on all of them.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2012, 04:59 PM
I've been on several forums and it seems there are some trolls on all of them.

Exactly.

Some forums deal with trolls harshly, while we would like to come up with a way to deal with them, we haven't found the recipe that would effectively deal with trolls without alienating virtually everyone else.

A lot of this stuff is petty forum vendetta driven. We get a lot of complaints from people who quite frankly are guilty of committing the same fouls and on the chance that we deal with one of them, we're then accused of playing favorites or being inconsistent.

So what to do.

My personal belief is that if I am going to post something - anything, I don't want to have to sit here and think about who it's going to piss off or what action I'm going to have taken against me for voicing my opinion. I don't find that attractive in a forum and the goal is to keep the forum fairly lightly moderated.

So... based on Chris's recommendation, the best option at this point is self control by members.

We're all adults here I believe and ratcheting up controls will turn the place into a romper room fast.

Calypso Jones
10-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Larry. What would you have them do. Put the trolls on ignore. Post topics that swing the other way, the normal way. Banning together might make them realize they'll get no bites. It's their goal to drive off conservatives and right leaning posters. It's the board they want to see destroyed. Time to dig in your heels.

Larry Dickman
10-31-2012, 05:00 PM

I've posed this question more than a few times and it's gone nowhere. So should Cigar be banned? Moderated? If we're going to be consistent, then everyone who posts an off-color remark on a thread is subject to moderation.

So we can have it either way - not both ways. We can increase the moderation to the extent that only on-topic replies are acceptable and anything near the belt is actionable.

I have no problem with insults, off color remarks or general snark within the context of a thought that is at least relatively cohesive. If someone wants to call me names within a conversation, it doesn't mean shit to me. I have thick skin. What is beyond bullshit are members making twenty threads a day, answering a post with a stupid picture, or posting multiple times with half sentences of nothing but garbage.

Do whatever you want to do, but if you guys really can't tell the difference between a troll and a wise guy, you aren't paying attention. And it has NOTHING to do with political leanings. I think Carygrant is a fucking idiot, but he's no troll as far as I can tell. All I can say is it's gone beyond my ability to choose to deal with it, and that is my problem, not yours.

Larry Dickman
10-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Larry. What would you have them do. Put the trolls on ignore. Post topics that swing the other way, the normal way. Banning together might make them realize they'll get no bites.

I don't get why people are feeding them. Why even respond to the assholes? Every time you do it's like telling a kid a hundred times, "you can't have that" until the kid screams loud enough and you hand over the treat.

I really think for me personally this kind of conversation format doesn't work.

Trinnity
10-31-2012, 05:04 PM
A long term pattern of baiting and harassment such as the member in question has exhibited, could be taken into consideration, and that's something that ought to be considered, imo.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2012, 05:04 PM
I have no problem with insults, off color remarks or general snark within the context of a thought that is at least relatively cohesive. If someone wants to call me names within a conversation, it doesn't mean shit to me. I have thick skin. What is beyond bullshit are members making twenty threads a day, answering a post with a stupid picture, or posting multiple times with half sentences of nothing but garbage.

Do whatever you want to do, but if you guys really can't tell the difference between a troll and a wise guy, you aren't paying attention. and it has NOTHING to do with political leanings. I think Carygrant is a fucking idiot, but he's no troll as far as I can tell. all I can say is it's gone beyond my ability to choose to deal with it, and that is my problem, not yours.

You didn't answer my question - what would you have us do?

Ban Cigar? For what?

Seriously, give me something. Tell me how we can deal with Cigar and everyone else fairly.

You make the comment that you're thick-skinned to insults. I'm the same way, that's pretty clear from some of the shit I've taken and passed over on the forum, but some people aren't thick-skinned and are unhappy with that aspect of the forum.

We're not going to please everyone, not by a longshot. But we can make things fair if that's the least we can do and adhere to rules that are clearly established, which we have.

So back to my unanswered question - what are we going to nail Cigar on?

garyo
10-31-2012, 05:05 PM
I for one don't care what the troll says in his posts, the problem I have is he tries to dominate these boards constantly copying and pasting over and over to the point of just completely obscuring any chance of dialog. When I first came on here it was a weekend and it was a great forum but when Monday rolled around here came this trolling asshole and I know he's being paid because he is only on here Mon-Fri 8-5, as far as TM she's harmless because she has nothing to contribute. On any forum right vs left there is going to be strong feelings and name calling, but not a contemptuous spammer, that's what should be banned, period.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't get why people are feeding them. Why even respond to the assholes? Every time you do it's like telling a kid a hundred times, "you can't have that" until the kid screams loud enough and you hand over the treat.

I really think for me personally this kind of conversation format doesn't work.

I totally agree and I understand where you're coming from.

I log on in the evenings and perusing threads where I'd like to participate, I find that many of them have already morphed into mudslinging oblivion so I pass them over.

Banning Cigar isn't going to stop that, you of all people should realize that considering you're a forum pro to some extent - it happens everywhere.

So again, what to do.

Many forums are strict, we can have this forum running like congressional legislation simply by turning up the moderation a few notches.

Is that what we want?

Captain Obvious
10-31-2012, 05:08 PM
A long term pattern of baiting and harassment such as the member in question has exhibited, could be taken into consideration, and that's something that ought to be considered, imo.

That's a start.

Peter1469
10-31-2012, 05:09 PM
You guys who are being forced to read posts you don't wish to read should call the cops. Something should be done about that.

Trinnity
10-31-2012, 05:09 PM
The best advice we can give you all is put him on ignore and stick to it.
Don't post on his threads.
It's up to YOU.

Larry Dickman
10-31-2012, 05:10 PM
I made my point, you can see not just that POS but the other, Douchematters as well. If that is the kind of conversation you want to foster, that's up to you. I'm just another asshole with a big mouth and a lot of opinions, this being one. I'll just leave at some point which will solve my part of the problem.

Bottom line is, as things stand here some of us are fed up. But again, so what? Who the fuck am I? Just another douchebag on line.

Calypso Jones
10-31-2012, 05:12 PM
IGNORE. It's a super feature.

Larry Dickman
10-31-2012, 05:13 PM
You guys who are being forced to read posts you don't wish to read should call the cops. Something should be done about that.

Ignore solves nothing because the trolls are being fed, which is driving the direction of the board. This place has become a sty. But again, for the fifth time, not your problem, just a problem for those of us who don't like it. No worries. Life is too short anyway.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2012, 05:13 PM
I for one don't care what the troll says in his posts, the problem I have is he tries to dominate these boards constantly copying and pasting over and over to the point of just completely obscuring any chance of dialog. When I first came on here it was a weekend and it was a great forum but when Monday rolled around here came this trolling asshole and I know he's being paid because he is only on here Mon-Fri 8-5, as far as TM she's harmless because she has nothing to contribute. On any forum right vs left there is going to be strong feelings and name calling, but not a contemptuous spammer, that's what should be banned, period.

Fair point.

Draft the rule that us mods could use to act fairly against this kind of behavior.

Trinnity
10-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Fair point.

Draft the rule that us mods could use to act fairly against this kind of behavior.Here ya go:

"Patterns of baiting, trolling, and/or harassment against multiple members of the forum over a long period of time constitute harm to the forum and can result in a perma-ban. Determination is at the discretion of the mods by a simple majority."

Chris
10-31-2012, 05:19 PM
That I think is key. Any rule or guideline you expect mods to follow must apply to behavior, not to a poster, but his or her habit of posting.

Chris
10-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Here ya go:
"Patterns of baiting, trolling, and/or harassment against multiple members of the forum over a long period of time constitute harm to the forum and can result in a perma-ban. Determination is at the discretion of the mods by a simple majority."

Many fit that.

garyo
10-31-2012, 05:22 PM
I think between the mods you guys should decide how many posts to relegate a poster to per hour or in his case per minute, not responses, posts, because that's what he gets paid for, to disrupt this site by spamming and he's having a field day, and yes I've gone after him and pushed the envelope, this is not my first rodeo and this clown can be stopped by restricting the numbers of threads. He would be the only one affected and like I said don't restrict responses because that's the area that he would start breaking the rules for harassment, just my thoughts.

Chris
10-31-2012, 05:54 PM
I think between the mods you guys should decide how many posts to relegate a poster to per hour or in his case per minute, not responses, posts, because that's what he gets paid for, to disrupt this site by spamming and he's having a field day, and yes I've gone after him and pushed the envelope, this is not my first rodeo and this clown can be stopped by restricting the numbers of threads. He would be the only one affected and like I said don't restrict responses because that's the area that he would start breaking the rules for harassment, just my thoughts.

That's a rule could be applied generally.

GrassrootsConservative
10-31-2012, 06:03 PM
I just put people on ignore that I don't like. That works pretty well once I get to recognize just who is and isn't a troll.

garyo
10-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Agreed, and it would make this a much more pleasurable forum without inhibiting expression, the beauty of this forum is it doesn't restrict ability to express your opinion with your choice of verbs, nouns and ad-verbs..

garyo
10-31-2012, 06:16 PM
The thought of losing posters such as freeandloathing and Larry Dickman who I think is a hoot is bothersome, they along with several others are what makes this site what it is.

Calypso Jones
10-31-2012, 06:18 PM
THIS is not a democracy or a republic. The constitution protects us from the gov't. This board is a private enterprise and as such is not required to run itself by the constitution. No laws/rules need to be developed. If you have enough customers complaining about the smell from the nude diner then it might be a good idea to throw him out. Dump him or lose the others.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2012, 06:24 PM
OK - here is what I propose.

How about a rule that allows for an infraction for "trolling"?

That would include posts and threads that are intended to be inflammatory or flame bait.

Having said this though, it would apply to everyone. Not certain members only. Plus, I would highly recommend adding a "Flame Thrower" forum that would allow for purely flame bait threads.

What say ye? I can't promise that it will be so, mongo is only pawn in game of life.

GrassrootsConservative
10-31-2012, 06:26 PM
OK - here is what I propose.

How about a rule that allows for an infraction for "trolling"?

That would include posts and threads that are intended to be inflammatory or flame bait.

Having said this though, it would apply to everyone. Not certain members only. Plus, I would highly recommend adding a "Flame Thrower" forum that would allow for purely flame bait threads.

What say ye? I can't promise that it will be so, mongo is only pawn in game of life.

Yes and then isolate the trolls there. It will be like an Alcatraz for Cigar, truthmatters, joquan and the like.

garyo
10-31-2012, 06:30 PM
I agree, because in part we both seem to agree that this spamming needs to be put to bed.

Calypso Jones
10-31-2012, 06:33 PM
no. Why put rules on the ones obeying the rules. Don't make things more difficult for them. Easy enough to dump the ones causing the problem. Why do they have to be treated with kid gloves.

garyo
10-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Unfortunately there are legalities and I don't know what applies here, but by restricting the number of threads allowed with in a reasonable amount of time will not affect the genuine posters whether right or left.

Canadianeye
10-31-2012, 07:02 PM
no. Why put rules on the ones obeying the rules. Don't make things more difficult for them. Easy enough to dump the ones causing the problem. Why do they have to be treated with kid gloves.

It all has to be related to expanding the site. How do you expand the site? To get more left libs...just visit other sites, drop the link to this site, after talking about how the libs here get completely owned, and it is like taking debate candy from a child. If you build it...the self aggrandizing "elite" will come. :wink: They can't help themselves.

Cons will come just to lib punt, which is always fun.

garyo
10-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Chris, good thought provoking post, I hope something comes out of it.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2012, 07:12 PM
It all has to be related to expanding the site. How do you expand the site? To get more left libs...just visit other sites, drop the link to this site, after talking about how the libs here get completely owned, and it is like taking debate candy from a child. If you build it...the self aggrandizing "elite" will come. :wink: They can't help themselves.

Cons will come just to lib punt, which is always fun.

Here's been our experience with that so far.

Board is heavily right, newbie lib joins up, posts something and gets slammed. Totally drilled off of the fucking forum right out of the gate.

A few hardcore libs join up and hang tough, don't post much though.

One or two Head of Joaquins join up who get a cheap thrill of trolling a right leaning forum, HoJ is pretty much gone - not banned, but doubt she'll be back.

It's partly because of this attitude - "kicking liberal asses", so the forum is being steered toward becoming a cliquey echo chamber.

Which is why I like the trolling rule now that I've considered it. It's a two-way street.

Chris
10-31-2012, 07:17 PM
Chris, good thought provoking post, I hope something comes out of it.

Well, if you mean the OP, it came after long discussion among mods, from consideration of discussion with members, and with the approval of ADMIN.

I thought your idea of a thread starting limit per day, to prevent one or two flooding the forum, was a good, precise, measurable, objective rule.

garyo
10-31-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks Chris, it seemed the only way to deal with this issue, and I know I pushed you guys to the limit.

Chris
10-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks Chris, it seemed the only way to deal with this issue, and I know I pushed you guys to the limit.

No problem, really.

Chris
10-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Here's a cartoon I think applies to any forum, business, government....

http://i.snag.gy/eq09e.jpg

Canadianeye
10-31-2012, 07:44 PM

Board is heavily right, newbie lib joins up, posts something and gets slammed. Totally drilled off of the fucking forum right out of the gate.

One or two Head of Joaquins join up who get a cheap thrill of trolling a right leaning forum, HoJ is pretty much gone - not banned, but doubt she'll be back.

It's partly because of this attitude - "kicking liberal asses", so the forum is being steered toward becoming a cliquey echo chamber.

Which is why I like the trolling rule now that I've considered it. It's a two-way street.

My experience here is less than yours, but I witnessed just the other day, a bright and expansive dialog with a poster kizzum, in which the righties didn't respond in the manner you describe. Quite the opposite actually. Mind you, I don't think he is radical hard, Mao for breakfast leftie...but you get the idea.

No real pouncing, and a lot of acknowledgement for quality dialog that actually ensued etc.

Anyways, I'll give you a thought about the rule, and not to be a dick, just saying.....What happens when 2,3 or 4 trolls simply PM a plan to each other for thread spamming (spreading it out so to speak) to avoid whatever limiting rule you put in place?

Captain Obvious
10-31-2012, 07:48 PM
My experience here is less than yours, but I witnessed just the other day, a bright and expansive dialog with a poster kizzum, in which the righties didn't respond in the manner you describe. Quite the opposite actually. Mind you, I don't think he is radical hard, Mao for breakfast leftie...but you get the idea.

No real pouncing, and a lot of acknowledgement for quality dialog that actually ensued etc.

Anyways, I'll give you a thought about the rule, and not to be a dick, just saying.....What happens when 2,3 or 4 trolls simply PM a plan to each other for thread spamming (spreading it out so to speak) to avoid whatever limiting rule you put in place?

Fair point - and Kizzume is one of those hardcore libs that I was referring to. He has thick skin, and not everybody including some rightys here do.

The idea would be to moderate excessive trolling. Dinging everyone for what might be construed as a troll post would be counter productive, it's the excess that I think many are having cramps over.

Look - I spend more time here dealing with shit like this as often as I'm on (or my connection allows me to be). If I were on more, you might get more of an impression of me being a bit of an asshole myself - I just haven't had much time to get my asshole on lately.

So I'm personally cool with that kind of thing, but it shouldn't and can't get out of hand to the point where it's disrupting the forum overall - that's the rub.

Mister D
10-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes and then isolate the trolls there. It will be like an Alcatraz for Cigar, truthmatters, joquan and the like.

Joaquin proved to be a good foil. I enjoy discussing the bible and his gross politicization of said text gave me many opportunities to explain what is actually being said.

Calypso Jones
10-31-2012, 08:48 PM
yes. as if it actually got thru his thick skull.

Chris
10-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Joaquin proved to be a good foil. I enjoy discussing the bible and his gross politicization of said text gave me many opportunities to explain what is actually being said.

IOW, trolls can be useful idiots.

Mister D
10-31-2012, 09:00 PM
yes. as if it actually got thru his thick skull.

He wasn't really the point.

Kabuki Joe
11-01-2012, 09:34 AM

...I don't like either side being "obnoxious"...having an "unorthodox" opinion is not a problem but just being a dbag is...

Kabuki Joe

oceanloverOH
11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
...I don't like either side being "obnoxious"...having an "unorthodox" opinion is not a problem but just being a dbag is...

Kabuki Joe

You hit it right, Joe. "Obnoxious" is the key word, and where the distinction needs to be made, regardless of political stripe. Disagreeing, even disagreeing vehemently, and posting unpopular or opposing views should be highly encouraged. Discussion, debate and polite adult argument can be really instructive and enjoyable for everyone. But when it degenerates into calling each other foul names, insulting one another's ancestry or gender, and attacking the person directly vs. his/her opinions or beliefs....that's when a line need to be drawn and a warning given. And FWIW, there are several regulars from BOTH sides that are guilty of going too far. I think the mods are quite capable of making these distinctions to make the forum a comfortable place for all.

Chris
11-01-2012, 10:23 AM
You hit it right, Joe. "Obnoxious" is the key word, and where the distinction needs to be made, regardless of political stripe. Disagreeing, even disagreeing vehemently, and posting unpopular or opposing views should be highly encouraged. Discussion, debate and polite adult argument can be really instructive and enjoyable for everyone. But when it degenerates into calling each other foul names, insulting one another's ancestry or gender, and attacking the person directly vs. his/her opinions or beliefs....that's when a line need to be drawn and a warning given. And FWIW, there are several regulars from BOTH sides that are guilty of going too far. I think the mods are quite capable of making these distinctions to make the forum a comfortable place for all.

Agree, though our policy as mods has been address "obnoxiousness", as you very well define it, only if it disrupts a topic.

Kabuki Joe
11-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Agree, though our policy as mods has been address "obnoxiousness", as you very well define it, only if it disrupts a topic.

#2 applies to trolls and trolling

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obnoxious

Kabuki Joe

Chris
11-01-2012, 01:47 PM
#2 applies to trolls and trolling

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obnoxious

Kabuki Joe

annoying or objectionable due to being a showoff or attracting undue attention to oneself

That's good. between oceanloverOH's and that, maybe there's room for a troll rule after all--not promising, just speaking for myself here.

Kabuki Joe
11-01-2012, 02:06 PM
That's good. between oceanloverOH's and that, maybe there's room for a troll rule after all--not promising, just speaking for myself here.

...I just put people on ignore BUT I still see the spam topics they start so I can understand how people don't want to filter through all the BS, for example with cigar, they spam...

Kabuki Joe

Chris
11-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Here's a thought after looking at the OP advice. In addition to ignoring trolling, start and post to non-trolling threads!

peoshi
11-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Or you could always do like another forum I was a member of did.

Create a "Garbage can" and "Soap box" section or sections and move crap like cary's "Americans have little dicks" threads there if you're not going to delete them! They would even move an individuals posts there if he or she was doing nothing but trolling in that particular thread!

Chris
11-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks for bumping this up with another good suggestion!

Expect announcements on forum changes a little later in the day....

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 07:29 AM

what exactly do you claim ins trolling?

saying things you dont agree with poliltically?

Trinnity
11-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Trolling is being deliberately annoying to bug people and get a reaction. Imo, that's what you do. I doubt I'm the only one who views you that way. Btw, you said you were leaving, so why are you still here?

Chris
11-09-2012, 08:55 AM

That's your definition of 'lie'.

Cigar
11-12-2012, 09:01 AM

If you're a Liberal and have your own mind ... you're Troll; and I can live with that, because being a Lemming would suck.

Peter1469
11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
If you're a Liberal and have your own mind ... you're Troll; and I can live with that, because being a Lemming would suck.

You got her half right. She is a liberal.

Captain Obvious
11-12-2012, 04:50 PM

Nope, you don't get it.

Kizzume, Bladimz, Polly are all liberals and they back it up with plenty of mindset, plus probably a couple other liberals I might have missed. You can to occasionally, but your thang here it to throw mud mostly - which is ok for the most part but whining about being treated unfairly simply because you're a party philosophy minority here is weak.

Jenda
11-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Nope, you don't get it.

Kizzume, Bladimz, Polly are all liberals and they back it up with plenty of mindset, plus probably a couple other liberals I might have missed. You can to occasionally, but your thang here it to throw mud mostly - which is ok for the most part but whining about being treated unfairly simply because you're a party philosophy minority here is weak.

Great post. :)

Bane
11-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Simple:

completely ignore them and don't post in their threads.

Sunbelt
01-04-2013, 06:26 PM

Do you or anyone else want the latter? Be careful what you wish for.The forum I just came from had the loosest rules I had ever seen. At first I loved it, because I didn't have to pull any punches. But after a while, I learned that forums that work off the chain, like my former one, can facilitate all kinds of stupidity. I finally just packed up and went Forum Shopping.

GrassrootsConservative
01-04-2013, 06:27 PM
The forum I just came from had the loosest rules I had ever seen. At first I loved it, because I didn't have to pull any punches. But after a while, I learned that forums that work off the chain, can facilitate all kinds of stupidity. I finally just packed up and went Forum Shopping.

:grin: welcome to our forum. We only have 2 or 3 trolls online at any given moment, we defeat them and move on most of the time.

Carygrant
01-04-2013, 06:47 PM
:grin: welcome to our forum. We only have 2 or 3 trolls online at any given moment, we defeat them and move on most of the time.

Someday when the post is slow , post us your CV .
My God . That will keep as laughing foir several days . Have you actually ever had a job ?

Mister D
01-04-2013, 08:53 PM
My God . That will keep as laughing foir several days . Have you actually ever had a job ?

You got punched in your tits so hard today it's no surprise you need to lash out. :sad:

countryboy
01-04-2013, 09:11 PM
You got punched in your tits so hard today it's no surprise you need to lash out. :sad: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif

Sunbelt
01-04-2013, 09:22 PM
:grin: welcome to our forum. We only have 2 or 3 trolls online at any given moment, we defeat them and move on most of the time.Thank you, and that is good to know. :)

Deadwood
01-04-2013, 11:38 PM

Let us know when your IQ moves into the double digits.

And get a bra for those man tits

Carygrant
01-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Good to see the dumbos back in action . It always improves my day when I see how backward some of the Fuzzy Wuzzy natives are .
We will continue to try and knock a bit of sense into those with a pulse .

Chris
01-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Good to see the dumbos back in action . It always improves my day when I see how backward some of the Fuzzy Wuzzy natives are .
We will continue to try and knock a bit of sense into those with a pulse .

There's that royal "we" again. Who is this we, cary? You're all alone here. Look at all those red marks under your achievements, that karma nearing -3000. There is no we for you, cary.

Deadwood
01-05-2013, 10:52 AM
There's that royal "we" again. Who is this we, cary? You're all alone here. Look at all those red marks under your achievements, that karma nearing -3000. There is no we for you, cary.

To a slug, reaching the top of the sewer rim is an accomplishment. Thus, being simple would then see the soles of shoes and think they were better than the people who wear them since they are, technically, still in the sewer while the slug see's himself as having climbed out as is therefore superior.

Being a slug is easy; no complexities. There is me and not me. Not me is either edible or not edible.

Trinnity
01-05-2013, 01:24 PM
I can't wait for them to ban you, Carygrant. Sooner or later, they will. It'll be the best thing that ever happened to this forum. Cheerio~

Carygrant
01-08-2013, 07:00 AM
I can't wait for them to ban you, @Carygrant (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=341). Sooner or later, they will. It'll be the best thing that ever happened to this forum. Cheerio~

It doesn't alter the fact that it is you who slid sideways from here and previously begged me to be "Your Friend" when your sacking from Moderator position was being seriously discussed .
I never replied to you and that must have hurt in your machinations to force another to stand down .Shame because he was very good at his job .
As for me getting banned .
It hasn't dawned on you that it bothers me not a jot whether I am a contributor here or not . My real life is separate and not dependent on the likes of people who swore blue , black and blind that Mutt the Misfit would win by five clear points . Your history of poor judgements tells me all I need to know about your reliability .
Like Chris later , you pursued me as a bully when a Moderator and broke every rule in the book to put your personal feelings before your position responsibilities .
So La , la , la and Happy Wombling .

Chris
01-08-2013, 09:32 AM
It doesn't alter the fact that it is you who slid sideways from here and previously begged me to be "Your Friend" when your sacking from Moderator position was being seriously discussed .
I never replied to you and that must have hurt in your machinations to force another to stand down .Shame because he was very good at his job .
As for me getting banned .
It hasn't dawned on you that it bothers me not a jot whether I am a contributor here or not . My real life is separate and not dependent on the likes of people who swore blue , black and blind that Mutt the Misfit would win by five clear points . Your history of poor judgements tells me all I need to know about your reliability .
Like Chris later , you pursued me as a bully when a Moderator and broke every rule in the book to put your personal feelings before your position responsibilities .
So La , la , la and Happy Wombling .

This is another blatant lie, cary. There was never discussion of sacking Trinnity from her Moderator position. She left voluntarily to run her own forum created for her by admin--everyone knows this.

It hasn't dawned on you that it bothers me not a jot whether I am a contributor here or not .

That is contradicted by the very fact you continue to rant and rave in post after post here.

You were infracted for violating rules and guidelines. All warnings and infractions are discussed by all moderators. Isn't it odd that neither trinnity nor I are mods yet you continue to be infracted?

Evidently, cary, you lie to yourself.

nic34
01-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Yep, sure can't wait till everyone left here thinks alike......

Chris
01-08-2013, 10:51 AM

There are a good many liberal and conservative contributors to this forum, nic, so I doubt that will happen.

Mister D
01-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Maybe you should actually participate in discussion nic and drop the attitude.

hanger4
01-08-2013, 10:56 AM

Then the KosKids or the DemocraticUnderGound would be more appropriate for you ??

They allow no decent so y'all could get a room.

How boring, everyone thinks the same.

Actually when that happens no one thinks anymore.

Cigar
01-08-2013, 10:58 AM

Careful, it's looking like it's that time of the month again.

nic34
01-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Maybe you should actually participate in discussion nic and drop the attitude.

real funnnny....

Mister D
01-08-2013, 11:22 AM
real funnnny....

See what I mean?

hanger4
01-08-2013, 11:41 AM
real funnnny....

Why did you come here ??

Just to be confrontational ??

Just askin'.

Carygrant
01-08-2013, 02:02 PM
You got punched in your tits so hard today it's no surprise you need to lash out. :sad:

When , where , how and what for ?
Are you in the wrong Forum again?

Carygrant
01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
real funnnny....

Are you getting the picture?
Fortunately it's just a few and they are not the brightest decorations you will ever see . And by quite a way .
Slap them repeatedly and pray a few pearls might seed .

Mister D
01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
When , where , how and what for ?
Are you in the wrong Forum again?

For example, remember when I used your own source to prove multiculturalism has failed in the UK and that Cameron has disparaged this failed policy? Yeah, that was funny. :laugh:

Carygrant
01-10-2013, 01:08 PM
For example, remember when I used your own source to prove multiculturalism has failed in the UK and that Cameron has disparaged this failed policy? Yeah, that was funny. :laugh:

Missed that .
So I now appear in your dreams ? Let's hope you manage to absorb some simple home truths because your knowledge of multi - culturism is non existent . It's funny that you imagine you know about a country that you have never visited and odd that every statement you make is between 95 and100% misinformed or just silly .
Clearly you have had a very damaged history wherever you have laid your head in Hilly Billy Land .
You need to visit Team GB for inspiration and hope . Forget about your age .
Get yourself into the 21st century before you wake up , dead .

Mister D
01-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Missed that .
So I now appear in your dreams ? Let's hope you manage to absorb some simple home truths because your knowledge of multi - culturism is non existent . It's funny that you imagine you know about a country that you have never visited and odd that every statement you make is between 95 and100% misinformed or just silly .
Clearly you have had a very damaged history wherever you have laid your head in Hilly Billy Land .
You need to visit Team GB for inspiration and hope . Forget about your age .
Get yourself into the 21st century before you wake up , dead .

Is the room still spinning, Cary? :smiley:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/9946-Cameron-proud-of-UK-multi-culturism?highlight=Cameron

You helped prove me right! Thanks for that.

Multiculturalism has failed in the UK.

BTW, there is no hyphen or space in multiculturalism. It's one word. It's spelled F-A-I-L-U-R-E. :smiley:

Dr. Who
01-18-2013, 06:42 PM

Why are off color remarks OK? Does name calling and coarse language really enhance a post? Isn't it really an excuse not to have to articulate your opinion - a cheap defense?

Dr. Who
01-18-2013, 06:47 PM

What if he has a night job?

Captain Obvious
01-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Why are off color remarks OK? Does name calling and coarse language really enhance a post? Isn't it really an excuse not to have to articulate your opinion - a cheap defense?

Not censoring is the issue.

Moderating excess is another story.

Carygrant
01-19-2013, 04:28 AM
Is the room still spinning, Cary? :smiley:

You helped prove me right! Thanks for that.

Multiculturalism has failed in the UK.

BTW, there is no hyphen or space in multiculturalism. It's one word. It's spelled F-A-I-L-U-R-E. :smiley:

The bitterness of an octogenarian , who may have exposed himself frequently , but never to British multi- culturism .
You write your American labels the ways you need , we will write them as they really are .
Now let's see how many shootings we have had in Team GB this week .
Not one?
Surprise , surprise .

littlejohn
02-28-2013, 08:13 PM
yeah, so what exactly does trolling mean ? sorry to be dense. Just have not heard the term ( i dont get out much )

Dr. Who
02-28-2013, 08:16 PM
yeah, so what exactly does trolling mean ? sorry to be dense. Just have not heard the term ( i dont get out much )
Just posting insults and not really engaging in the discussion.

Chris
02-28-2013, 08:23 PM

It means many things to many people few of whom stop to define it. I think some, many use it to mean anything that annoys them.

I would define it as posting something inflammatory and not following it up with discussion when challenged--we all post things that might be considered by another as inflammatory, but you're not trolling if you are willing to discuss it. A troll will not discuss, or will follow up with more inflammatory posts, he's looking for a fight.

Technically, from a bit of research around the Internet, trolling is one poster posting something inflammatory to get other posters to fight among themselves while the troll looks on.

Our policy (hi, I'm a moderator :-)) is that we ask members to ignore those they consider trolls. If that doesn't work, we, the mods, will do something, eventually.

Thanks for the question!!

Pete7469
02-28-2013, 09:59 PM
I ignore the idiots, there are quite a few. When someone else quotes them I occassionally ridicule them and move on. Stupid people irritate me more than anything on earth, and I've said some pretty mean shit to them. I have no apology for it. They are beneath contempt.