PDA

View Full Version : Latest Firefox Update

AeonPax
03-21-2017, 04:11 PM
`
I noticed an immediate difference when I logged in here. Does anyone with a Mozilla powered browser notice it?

DGUtley
03-21-2017, 04:14 PM
I denied the update. Should I do it?

AeonPax
03-21-2017, 04:22 PM
`
`
I get a warning that this site is not "https".... or using more secure coding.

Mechanic
03-21-2017, 04:25 PM
I am a seamonkey user. I rarely have any problems.

AeonPax
03-21-2017, 04:30 PM
`
It obviously does not prevent me from logging in but the warning is intrusive. My experience with non-microsoft browsers goes way back to "Netscape."

DGUtley
03-21-2017, 04:33 PM
I have problems with this site on Edge and Explorer -- I put the curser there and it sometimes doesn't let me type.

Peter1469
03-21-2017, 05:23 PM
I have been using Brave for this website.

The FireFox update gives me what the OP referred to above.

Chrome works fine.

Edge is a pos.

Chris
03-21-2017, 06:07 PM
I have problems with this site on Edge and Explorer -- I put the curser there and it sometimes doesn't let me type.

Does it lose focus? I use chrome and sometimes when I click in rextbox to type it loses focus and cursor and nothing I type is entered, or I'll type a little before it happens. Very annoying. Only sometimes.

Common
03-21-2017, 06:13 PM
`
I noticed an immediate difference when I logged in here. Does anyone with a Mozilla powered browser notice it?

I have the update what am I supposed to notice

Common
03-21-2017, 06:14 PM
`
`

I wouldnt worry about it, go to firefox update page and it will tell you what the updates were. I updated but im not seeing what you are aeon

pjohns
03-21-2017, 06:29 PM
I have three browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome--but I ordinarily use IE.

Just for grins, however, I tried Firefox, to see if I noticed any difference.

I did not.

resister
03-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Does it lose focus? I use chrome and sometimes when I click in rextbox to type it loses focus and cursor and nothing I type is entered, or I'll type a little before it happens. Very annoying. Only sometimes.
Not sure what I have, sometimes when I reply with quote it takes me to a page as though starting new thread. Then when I type, the cursor drops to the bottom of the screen, very irritating.

MisterVeritis
03-21-2017, 06:37 PM
I have been using Brave for this website.

The FireFox update gives me what the OP referred to above.

Chrome works fine.

Edge is a pos.
I will try it. I am downloading it now.

DGUtley
03-21-2017, 07:04 PM

yes. Exactly.

AZ Jim
03-21-2017, 07:13 PM
It works fine but that warning when you log in is a little irritating, no option to eliminate it though.

Mechanic
03-21-2017, 07:34 PM
`
It obviously does not prevent me from logging in but the warning is intrusive. My experience with non-microsoft browsers goes way back to "Netscape."Seamoneky is just like netscape in looks. I can not use IE as it just does not work like a browser should.

Don
03-21-2017, 07:41 PM
`
`

I get it too. I haven't had to log in here for awhile because because I have the cookies for this site and other sites I regularly use "saved." Cookies for any other site I visit get deleted whenever I close my browser using the Firefox "forget" feature. Whenever I log into my zetaboards admin though I get the message you are talking about. I mentioned it to zetaboards admins and they said they would be upgrading soon to the new protocol but not to worry. I wouldn't recommend using a password here that's the same as your email or banking though.

Chris
03-21-2017, 08:33 PM
yes. Exactly.

Wish I had a solution.

Ethereal
03-21-2017, 08:37 PM
`
`

Is that your only issue? If so, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ethereal
03-21-2017, 08:38 PM
You can probably go into your browser's security settings and white list this website. That would probably resolve the warning issue.

Cthulhu
03-21-2017, 09:26 PM
`
It obviously does not prevent me from logging in but the warning is intrusive. My experience with non-microsoft browsers goes way back to "Netscape."
Well, Netscape was better then AOL browser at least.

Fear profits a man nothing.

exotix
03-21-2017, 10:15 PM
I do Chrome.

FindersKeepers
03-22-2017, 04:08 AM
I sometimes get a lag in the text when I'm typing. I can usually restart the browser and it clears up.

midcan5
03-22-2017, 01:01 PM
While I use most browsers for this site etc I use Opera as I like Speed Dial. Quick way to review your favorites.