PDA

View Full Version : Warning: The Convention of States Project

MisterVeritis
03-24-2017, 07:35 PM
The US Constitution provides two ways to amend the Constitution. Article V lays out the two options. We cannot rely on the Congress to amend the Constitution. They are the reason for the growing tyranny. The States through the state legislatures can petition the Congress for a Convention of States to propose amendments. We need 34 states.

Today North Dakota became the tenth state to successfully adopt our Article V legislation! This is a historic victory for the grassroots warriors of COS North Dakota, our legislative champions, and the American people.

https://www.facebook.com/conventionofstates/

Call your state representatives and demand they take action.

del
03-24-2017, 07:54 PM
is laughing considered action?

Private Pickle
03-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Tic toc.

MisterVeritis
03-24-2017, 08:37 PM
We did have one state that considered and rejected the CoS. They are reconsidering.

Of course I am away you are most comfortable on the wrong side of every issue.

decedent
03-24-2017, 08:39 PM
The US Constitution provides two ways to amend the Constitution. Article V lays out the two options. We cannot rely on the Congress to amend the Constitution. They are the reason for the growing tyranny. The States through the state legislatures can petition the Congress for a Convention of States to propose amendments. We need 34 states.

Today North Dakota became the tenth state to successfully adopt our Article V legislation! This is a historic victory for the grassroots warriors of COS North Dakota, our legislative champions, and the American people.

https://www.facebook.com/conventionofstates/

Call your state representatives and demand they take action.

What amendments?

MisterVeritis
03-24-2017, 08:39 PM
Tic toc.
Time marches on. When this first began a few years ago a decade was tossed around for how long it could take. I believe this is the fourth year and we have ten states. Another dozen have been discussing it with a few legislatures having it on their legislative calendars. Wee need 24 more states to make this happen.

Private Pickle
03-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Time marches on. When this first began a few years ago a decade was tossed around for how long it could take. I believe this is the fourth year and we have ten states. Another dozen have been discussing it with a few legislatures having it on their legislative calendars. Wee need 24 more states to make this happen.
Or an ascertive mod team....

MisterVeritis
03-24-2017, 08:42 PM
What amendments?
There are a small handful. They bucket into budget, term limits (for judges, justices, senators, representatives) and a few other areas. I will begin to post the amendment themes that are being discussed.

You can also go to https://www.conventionofstates.com/

Chris
03-24-2017, 10:04 PM

Tic toc.

Trolling OtSS.

Peter1469
03-25-2017, 07:20 AM
What amendments?
Anything they want. They could trash the Constitution and start over. Of course their action must be ratified by the people.

DGUtley
03-25-2017, 07:29 AM
I think it'd be interesting. It'd give the anti-gun lobby the chance to eliminate the 2nd Amendment, or get some clarity they want. It'd give the National Health Care people the opportunity to have health insurance a right. Naturally, it'd give some of us the opportunity to lobby for some of those things we want also -- term limits, BBA, commerce clause limitations, etc.