PDA

View Full Version : OBAMA LOSES BIG ON JOBS BILL.....

MMC
10-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Nothing quite illustrates the depth of Barack Obama's weakness in Washington better than the painfully public defeat the Senate handed him Tuesday by blocking his signature American Jobs Act.

The cleverly named bill was sold as a paid-for, bipartisan package of cures for the country's anemic job market. But the Senate soundly defeated the measure, leaving it eight votes shy of the 60 that Obama needed just to get the Senate to consider it. Worst of all for Obama were the defections of two of his fellow Democrats, which limited the bill to getting more than a bare majority, as well as the declarations from several more that they would vote against the package if the Senate ever did consider it for an up-or down vote.

even Obama’s fellow Democrats seem to have developed sufficient spending fatigue to put the brakes on new outlays, while the most moderate Democrats say the economy will never recover as long as the deficit continues to spiral out of control.

But at the very moment that Obama was warning about Republicans blocking his legislation, Jim Webb, the Democratic senator from Virginia, was explaining from the floor why he opposed the measure.

Although Webb voted with the Democrats to end the filibuster, Sens. Bill Nelson and Jon Tester, two moderate Democrats up for reelection, joined the GOP to block the bill. Tester said he wanted more infrastructure spending and fewer tax breaks in the package. Nelson said the half-trillion-dollar price tag was too rich for his blood.

Other Democrats voted with the White House on Tuesday, but said they'd oppose the bill if the Senate ever voted on it.

"The bottom line is, I don't believe the potential to create jobs with the Act justifies adding another half trillion to our almost $15 trillion national debt," said independent Sen. Joe Lieberman. Sen. Joe Manchin, a Democrat from West Virginia, told a group of local reporters that the $447 cost of the package “put the ugly" in the good, bad, and ugly of the bill.

The White House scrambled to come up with a Plan B for the measure even before the Senate voted Tuesday night, as it became increasingly clear that it would fail, and fail badly.

Dan Pfeiffer, the White House communications director, told MSNBC that the president would take the bill back to Congress for another vote, even if he had to chop it up into pieces and do it one portion at a time. But Pfeiffer took the chance to blame the GOP for the impasse.....snip~

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l518/DivineWind/grenade_toss-animated.gif Looks like the Democrats have turned on their Saviour. They just dropped a bomb on him. Tanked his Jobs bill.

What is so unbelieveabably funny is then they have the Audacity of Hope to come out and blame Republicans for this. Every news source out there is talking about how the Dems just tanked Obama's SIGNATURE AMERICAN JOBS ACT! :D

MMC
10-13-2011, 06:51 AM
To Bad it is not affecting his donors. Still the MS Media cannot be allowed to spin this that it was the Republicans that held things up. Even other Democrats stated they would not vote for it in an Up and Down Vote In the Senate. Thats Harry Reid and his boys and girls. Not Repubs.

MMC
10-13-2011, 07:53 AM
:D Cmon IBB.....I know ya want to take a http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/poke.gif at him. ;) >:D

Mister D
10-13-2011, 10:18 AM
He didn't give anyone reassurance when he begged them to vote for it. lol

Conley
10-13-2011, 10:27 AM
He knew this had zero chance of passing. It was just a distraction imo and his attempt to suggest he actually cared and was doing something. He didn't even try to get it discussed, he was off in Orlando at fundraisers. I'm glad the media is reporting the truth. The dems tanked it, everyone tanked it, because it was a crap bill to begin with. Thanks for nothing Obummer.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 10:38 AM
He knew this had zero chance of passing. It was just a distraction imo and his attempt to suggest he actually cared and was doing something. He didn't even try to get it discussed, he was off in Orlando at fundraisers. I'm glad the media is reporting the truth. The dems tanked it, everyone tanked it, because it was a crap bill to begin with. Thanks for nothing Obummer.

Yeah, calling it a jobs bill makes it sound like a cheap ploy.

Conley
10-13-2011, 10:41 AM

Yeah, those evil senators voted against jobs! ::) It was a spending bill, and not a good one at that. If he gets reelected I might need to take a break from politics for a while. I realize it's not healthy but sometimes it gets to be too much.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 11:03 AM

Yeah, those evil senators voted against jobs! ::) It was a spending bill, and not a good one at that. If he gets reelected I might need to take a break from politics for a while. I realize it's not healthy but sometimes it gets to be too much.

It would be nice if the Dems ran with someone else but they won't.

Conley
10-13-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm starting to warm to Romney but I think mostly that's because he sounds intelligent and isn't Obama. That's about 90% of his appeal to me.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm starting to warm to Romney but I think mostly that's because he sounds intelligent and isn't Obama. That's about 90% of his appeal to me.

I don't like his smile for some reason. I still have hope that the GOP can be reformed so they will get my vote in 2012.

Conley
10-13-2011, 11:33 AM

I don't like his smile for some reason. I still have hope that the GOP can be reformed so they will get my vote in 2012.

He is kind of wooden imo.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 12:00 PM

He is kind of wooden imo.

Iguess that's kind of it. It looks cheesy. If that guy came u to me to shake hands that would probably put me off a little.

Elibe
10-13-2011, 01:58 PM
sad to see you guys cheer the loss of a bill that would have helped the economy

like pen said the republicans dont seem to have any solutions to offer

MMC
10-13-2011, 02:28 PM

Hiya Elibe.....did you read the article. Did you see what other Democrats had to say about this bill. About the Spending in it. Thats Democrats Elibe. Can you explain why they are against it and were the ones to tank the bill. Republicans stated from the get go they were against any taxes targeting a specific group of people. That if Obama could get around that they were willing to work with him.

Also Elibe.....you tell me what would be so great about giving the Fed another Bank. Note Obama wanted an Infrastructure Bank. Which was part of that Proposal. Again I would like the left to explain where in the History of this Country that by funding Education and Hiring More Teachers created more jobs on any National Level.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 02:36 PM

Interesting logic there, Elibe.

Elibe
10-13-2011, 02:44 PM

Hiya Elibe.....did you read the article. Did you see what other Democrats had to say about this bill. About the Spending in it. Thats Democrats Elibe. Can you explain why they are against it and were the ones to tank the bill. Republicans stated from the get go they were against any taxes targeting a specific group of people. That if Obama could get around that they were willing to work with him.

Also Elibe.....you tell me what would be so great about giving the Fed another Bank. Note Obama wanted an Infrastructure Bank. Which was part of that Proposal. Again I would like the left to explain where in the History of this Country that by funding Education and Hiring More Teachers created more jobs on any National Level.

at least he is trying

where is the jobs bill from the republicans? where is any help from them

nothing wrong with building inferstructure and giving jobs that way teacher jobs count too thats two ways of investing in the future and that is what we need

MMC
10-13-2011, 04:25 PM

at least he is trying

where is the jobs bill from the republicans? where is any help from them

nothing wrong with building inferstructure and giving jobs that way teacher jobs count too thats two ways of investing in the future and that is what we need

Republicans are trying to Elibe thats why there are Republican states that are not as hurting as bad a the rest of the Country and or Democratic led States. Elibe it takes a Congressional Act of Congress with the President to Create Jobs. Which they could only create infrastructure jobs. Anything else has to come from the private sector.

Also due to technology and the newest and fastest updated ways we do things. Such will not create the grand scale hiring like it did with Eisenhower.

I disagree Elibe he is not trying. He is pandering to his base. Blaming others for what he and the left can't accomplish. These Democrats are not the ones people once knew. You cannot single out specific groups of people for anything in this country. Targeting them due to some ideological belief. Moreover he has falsified his argument for expansion of government.

Notice it was Pelosi and the progressives that wanted Obama to go after China for undervaluing their currency. Not Republicans or Conservatives. its the Democrats that are saying you just cannot throw more spending onto a spiraling debt. Then turn around and blame the global economy. It was also the Dems that have pushed for Infrasturcture and Funding for Foreign Countries. Nation building. Siding with Neo-Cons on that NWO bullshit.

Moreover Elibe when Obama had the House and the Senate. Why wasnt the budget balanced? Why did they support Bush's Tarp Bill? Why didnt the Dems create jobs? Why did they only pass stop gap measures for balancing the budget. No instead it was go after History. HealthCare Reform????? Open White House, spend spend spend. Bailout the car industry. Then when they knew what was coming economically and what was their excuse. Lets see how Republicans can govern. Remember? Then Mid-term elections and the Tea Party hit. Then it was blame the Tea Party until it was known they were knocking off Republican Seat holders. Now its Republicans won't work with us because they wont let us tax a specific group of people and just throw the Constitution right out the Window so that we can become part of the NWO.

How is he trying Pen when he is catering to Special Interests? Big Banks, Big Corporations, and the Sunni!

jgreer
10-13-2011, 04:41 PM
You are throwing a lot of stuff up there and hoping some of it sticks.

For starters, name these Republican states that are doing so well. Every single one of them takes federal money. It is a fact that the red states take out more money than they put in. All of that money comes from the blue states. That is a redistribution of wealth right there.

MMC
10-13-2011, 04:54 PM
You are throwing a lot of stuff up there and hoping some of it sticks.

For starters, name these Republican states that are doing so well. Every single one of them takes federal money. It is a fact that the red states take out more money than they put in. All of that money comes from the blue states. That is a redistribution of wealth right there.

Texas, Alaska, Indiana, just to name 3. Doesnt matter if every single one of them takes money. Its how much they take and what they are taking it for. Thats is false misnomer. Most Republican states are rural and they do not support the large populations like that of Democratic Held States. Chicago NY LA Remember!!!!!

Moreover the left has no means to talk about anything economically not while tanking the top 3 largest economies in this country for the last 50 yrs. Wherein no Republicans have controlled anything.