PDA

View Full Version : The US Military Is Murder for Hire

jgreer
10-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Now, it wasn't always like this. But now? Anyone who signs up for the military knows what they are getting into. They are getting a job in order to kill. It might be Iraqis, it might be Afghanis, it might be someone else. Maybe even Americans. They are ok with this because they want to get paid. The American people need to stand up and fight this injustice. No longer will we say we support the mass murderers, I mean troops. Bring them home, give them real work, and let America grow strong again.

Who is with me?

Mister D
10-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Now, it wasn't always like this. But now? Anyone who signs up for the military knows what they are getting into. They are getting a job in order to kill. It might be Iraqis, it might be Afghanis, it might be someone else. Maybe even Americans. They are ok with this because they want to get paid. The American people need to stand up and fight this injustice. No longer will we say we support the mass murderers, I mean troops. Bring them home, give them real work, and let America grow strong again.

Who is with me?

I'm not.

Conley
10-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Bring them home? Yes

Mass Murderers? No

jgreer
10-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Many of the soldiers feel guilty for what they have done. That is why you see the huge numbers of suicides and PTSD cases that used to be so unusual in the military.

Mister D
10-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Many of the soldiers feel guilty for what they have done. That is why you see the huge numbers of suicides and PTSD cases that used to be so unusual in the military.

Actually, suicides and PTSD are common in wars.

MMC
10-12-2011, 09:54 AM
So what do you think the Armed Services do during peace time, when they are not allowed to go and mass murder like you say? Oooops.....there goes that theory when the Magical Peace Time Comes Round. >:D

Mister D
10-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Not to mention that the overwhelming majority of personnel do not see combat. Suicides etc. are the result of other emotional/psychological issues.

MMC
10-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Not to mention that the overwhelming majority of personnel do not see combat. Suicides etc. are the result of other emotional/psychological issues.

Correct D many come during basic and or some form of training before they are even shipped off. Thats not to say there is not a significant amount when they return.

jgreer
10-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Exactly. Because of the guilt. In case you haven't notice the United States is and has been in a perpetual state of war for over a decade now. This is not your daddy's military.

Mister D
10-12-2011, 10:28 AM

Exactly. Because of the guilt. In case you haven't notice the United States is and has been in a perpetual state of war for over a decade now. This is not your daddy's military.

Often because of long deployments and family issues. Combat (which most servicemen don't experience) is also taumatic. Suicides were common in my daddy's military.

Elibe
10-12-2011, 11:51 AM
not every body experiences combat but a lot more do now than twenty years ago

plus a lot of our guys dont come home alive

we should just bring them home

Mister D
10-12-2011, 11:58 AM
not every body experiences combat but a lot more do now than twenty years ago

plus a lot of our guys dont come home alive

we should just bring them home

I'd say that even fewer do now than ever before. It wasn't even that likely in WW2. It takes a village to supply a rifleman. I like that. :)

Elibe
10-12-2011, 12:02 PM
ww2 was necessary this is not

we are not fighting for anything right now

Elibe
10-12-2011, 12:03 PM
can you tell me why we are fighting? right now?

no one can because no one is questioning it

Mister D
10-12-2011, 12:06 PM
ww2 was necessary this is not

we are not fighting for anything right now

That's irrelevant.

Mister D
10-12-2011, 12:07 PM

Plenty of people questioned WW2. In any case, what's the point of this?

Conley
10-12-2011, 12:09 PM

Iraq is winding down and as I understand it we are still fighting AQ in Afghanistan. That too is winding down.

I am worried about a new war with Iran though...I'll discuss that in the other thread though.

Mister D
10-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Iraq is winding down and as I understand it we are still fighting AQ in Afghanistan. That too is winding down.

I am worried about a new war with Iran though...I'll discuss that in the other thread though.

I'm curious to see just how involved Iran was in this episode.

Conley
10-12-2011, 12:45 PM

Can you trust our intelligence and our government leaders?

Could this be WMD part 2?

I don't think we'll ever know the truth about this latest terrorist attempt. I do believe Iran is planning attacks against us.

Mister D
10-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Can you trust our intelligence and our government leaders?

Could this be WMD part 2?

I don't think we'll ever know the truth about this latest terrorist attempt. I do believe Iran is planning attacks against us.

I agree that absolute certainty is probably not going to be a possibility but I'd like to hear the evidence. I'm not cynical enough to believe that BO is trying to distract us with a war. At least not yet.

Conley
10-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Jeez, I didn't even think of the distraction angle. If that's his plan for reelection...I can't even go there.

Maybe it will turn out that Ahmedinijad put out a hit on one of his neighbors in Kenya like Saddam did with Papa Bush ;D

Mister D
10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Jeez, I didn't even think of the distraction angle. If that's his plan for reelection...I can't even go there.

Maybe it will turn out that Ahmedinijad put out a hit on one of his neighbors in Kenya like Saddam did with Papa Bush ;D

This will be the top story for a few days I'd imagine.

Mister D
10-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah, the election angle is pretty cynical but I'm sure I'll hear it somewhere.

Mr. Wonderful
10-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Hell yes Iran has had it coming for a long time now.

Once we have a real Commander in Chief our best and brightest will be ready to spring into action.

MMC
10-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Again.....Combat Pay is not the main reason why people join the military. There are many families that have been in the Military ever since Washington had an Army.

jgreer
10-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Again.....Combat Pay is not the main reason why people join the military. There are many families that have been in the Military ever since Washington had an Army.

I never said they join for combat pay. They join for any kind of pay. They are desperate for jobs and unemployment is through the roof. It all makes perfect sense if you take off the "patriotic" blinders.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 11:24 AM

I never said they join for combat pay. They join for any kind of pay. They are desperate for jobs and unemployment is through the roof. It all makes perfect sense if you take off the "patriotic" blinders.

people join the military for different reasons. It only makes sense to you because you want it to.

MMC
10-13-2011, 03:25 PM

If this was the case.....then we would not be fighting with depleted Armies. We would not be sending National Guard overseas. Those you talk about are a small percentage. Not many people willing to risk their lives for 250-350 dollars a month. Which is why with an all volunteer army they are barely even able to make the grade with recruitment. Not to many willing to be government property and told what to do from the time they get up to the time they go to bed.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Better still, those volunteers entering the combat arms tend to be from better backgrounds.

Conley
10-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Better still, those volunteers entering the combat arms tend to be from better backgrounds.

Yes, it seems to me volunteers would make better soldiers than those drafted against their wills.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 08:10 PM

Yes, it seems to me volunteers would make better soldiers than those drafted against their wills.

Absolutely but I mean is that those seeking careers in the army because they have no other prospects usually wind up doing something other than getting shot at. The kids in my neighborhood that joined the military over the last few years were all combat troops.

Conley
10-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Interesting. I wouldn't necessarily think there'd be a correlation but perhaps there is.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Interesting. I wouldn't necessarily think there'd be a correlation but perhaps there is.

I don't remember where I read that but it does make sense. Naturally, you'd seek out a skill in the military if you were attracted to it for economic reasons.

Conley
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM

I don't remember where I read that but it does make sense. Naturally, you'd seek out a skill in the military if you were attracted to it for economic reasons.

Hey now, killing people is a skill too ;D But yeah what you're saying makes sense.