PDA

View Full Version : tPF Nazi Captain America

Hal Jordan
04-12-2017, 11:34 PM
This is something the comics world has been discussing for a while now, and it seems to be getting ready to come to a head soon. Now, first let me say that technically, Cap is not a Nazi at the moment. However, he has been turned evil and "has been an agent of Hydra from the beginning" (the quotes are important). Hydra is inextricably linked in the minds of many to be a Nazi organization. The current canon origin of Hydra was in ancient Egypt, long before Hitler could have ever been conceived. As Hydra stands now in the comics universe, there are two factions. One is the Red Skull's faction, who is undeniably a Nazi. The other is a more general New World Order group, which Cap is part of.

Now, let's go back to the quotes from earlier. Was Captain America always a member of Hydra? No. Red Skull obtained a cosmic cube and altered reality to make Cap a Hydra agent now. In doing so, he also altered Cap's memories (and those of others involved) to reflect a history of him being Hydra all along.

Last week's Captain America comic clarified things a little further, actually. It showed one of those "memories" wherein Cap says Red Skull betrayed Hydra by connecting it with the Third Reich. However, in the minds of most, Hydra is purely a Nazi organization.

Now that the backstory has been put forth, it's time for some commentary. Yes, the idea of Captain America as a Nazi is unthinkable and goes against everything the character is about. However, let's look at this from a story perspective. Say you're Red Skull, who has been foiled time and again by your worst foe, Captain America. You gain the power to alter reality. Wouldn't it make sense to transform that foe so that he wouldn't be a thorn in your side, but an ally? In fact, he didn't go far enough with the change, as Cap murdered Red Skull in order to fully take over Hydra. Oops. Logically, he should have made Cap a full Nazi, while I still hate the idea.

Now, will Nazi Cap always be on people's minds from now on? Hard to say, though he will be for a while at least. In the end, will he be remembered forever like alcoholic Tony Stark or eventually forgotten like evil, murderous Tony Stark and Teen Tony Stark? Only time and how it is handled will tell.

Cletus
04-12-2017, 11:36 PM
You are how old?

Hal Jordan
04-12-2017, 11:37 PM
You are how old?
That's my business and completely irrelevant.

Coming to you from the depths of inner space

Cletus
04-12-2017, 11:40 PM
" When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

Recognize that?

Common Sense
04-12-2017, 11:42 PM
" When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

Recognize that?
Take a look at what section of the forum you are in before you continue to make an ass of yourself.

Hal Jordan
04-12-2017, 11:42 PM

Recognize that?
Of course. It is still irrelevant. This is a tPF thread. Stick to the topic. There will be a thread at another time to discuss whether comics are for children.

Cletus
04-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Take a look at what section of the forum you are in before you continue to make an ass of yourself.

Why?

You never do.

Cletus
04-12-2017, 11:44 PM
A tPF thread on Captain America being a Nazi? :grin:

Don't bother running to the mods. I am done with this.

The Xl
04-13-2017, 12:21 AM

Recognize that?

What's really childish is coming in and derailing a thread for no apparent reason.

stjames1_53
04-13-2017, 03:34 AM
the world burns and you discuss comic book theory.....................ok, t h e n..........

Bethere
04-13-2017, 05:48 AM
Of course. It is still irrelevant. This is a tPF thread. Stick to the topic. There will be a thread at another time to discuss whether comics are for children.

I'm old school on comic continuity. I prefer it done like green lantern did through crisis. In my mind, the cosmic cube is still mired in the muck of the Hudson River where Jack Kirby left it.

I'm not a fan of lazy writing tools like chartreuse kryptonite or sparky, Clark's super gerbil from Kandor.

Standing Wolf
04-13-2017, 08:32 AM
There is no more ardent Cap fan than I am, so naturally I was initially dismayed at the storyline. The way I look at it, though, it's like an alternate or parallel universe story, even though it may technically be taking place in the mainstream Marvel comic universe - for now. It's interesting in the same way that a book that has Sherlock Holmes turning out to be Jack the Ripper, or a short story I read recently in which James Bond has been recruited by the followers of Cthulhu, is interesting. As a comic writer once famously said, "None of it 'really happened' - it's a comic book."

By the way, I've only read a few titles for awhile now...what ever happened to the whole 'Battleworlds' concept? Did that just never happen now, or what?

Green Arrow
04-13-2017, 08:46 AM
There is no more ardent Cap fan than I am, so naturally I was initially dismayed at the storyline. The way I look at it, though, it's like an alternate or parallel universe story, even though it may technically be taking place in the mainstream Marvel comic universe - for now. It's interesting in the same way that a book that has Sherlock Holmes turning out to be Jack the Ripper, or a short story I read recently in which James Bond has been recruited by the followers of Cthulhu, is interesting. As a comic writer once famously said, "None of it 'really happened' - it's a comic book."

By the way, I've only read a few titles for awhile now...what ever happened to the whole 'Battleworlds' concept? Did that just never happen now, or what?

Hard to say. Marvel isn't quite as organized about continuity changes like DC is. DC will reboot or relaunch continuity to clearly delineate what is and is not current continuity, Marvel just kind of hopes everyone forgets about the previous continuity and forges ahead with a new one.

The Xl
04-13-2017, 09:02 AM
the world burns and you discuss comic book theory.....................ok, t h e n..........

If you only worryabout stuff like the state of our world, it will drive you insane.

Standing Wolf
04-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Hard to say. Marvel isn't quite as organized about continuity changes like DC is. DC will reboot or relaunch continuity to clearly delineate what is and is not current continuity, Marvel just kind of hopes everyone forgets about the previous continuity and forges ahead with a new one.

The guy who owns my local comic shop is a few months older than me, so we both remember reading comics as kids in the '60s...when every issue was a self-contained story, and you didn't have any huge, cataclysmic re-boots, like both Marvel and D.C. seem to have done every few years since '85's Crisis. (I think the first multi-issue storyline I ever read was when they had the first JLA-JSA cross-over in Justice League of America issues 21 and 22 in 1963.) Infinite Earths, Flashpoint, Battleworlds, Identity Crisis, The New 52, Rebirth - yeah, honestly I got burned out on all that years ago. After one of those "events" a few years ago, I went online and tried to figure out what had happened - who was dead, who had come back to life, whose history was different and how - and it was all so convoluted and stupid that I just had to say "No mas".

As for the death of continuity, in large part I blame the editors at both companies for not being able to say "No" to the writers...for not being able to say, "Yeah, that's a cool idea you have for the X-Men, but we've already got a couple of X-books. People are going to be really confused if we have five different books and none of the stories seem to be happening in the same universe". In the end, they fall prey to the greed and let the writers just go nuts, ignore continuity, and the readers end up trying to figure out from month to month who is dead in which universe and whether something they remember happening last year "really" happened now or it didn't.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 10:45 AM
"It's been burning, since the world's been turning." Billy Joel.

If you miss the depth in comics, that's on you.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 10:49 AM

Marvel is different from DC when it comes to continuity. Unless something is explicitly undone, it still happened. The Battleworlds still happened. In fact, a major one happened not that long ago, leading to the way the main Marvel Universe is now.

rcfieldz
04-13-2017, 10:52 AM
You are how old?
It's not his age...it's his I.Q. that is low.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 10:57 AM
The reason for that is Marvel wants to keep the past stories as still being current canon, while DC prefers to start fresh. DC's approach can be troublesome for fans of the older stories (how does the Legion of Superheroes fit in now? Why erase all of those classic stories?). Marvel's approach gets messy (Look at Hydra. They were a generic world domination group, then a nazi group, then kinda generic, kinda Nazi, now started in ancient Egypt). They don't exactly want people to forget the previous continuity, and still reference it at times.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 11:01 AM
The guy who owns my local comic shop is a few months older than me, so we both remember reading comics as kids in the '60s...when every issue was a self-contained story, and you didn't have any huge, cataclysmic re-boots, like both Marvel and D.C. seem to have done every few years since '85's Crisis. (I think the first multi-issue storyline I ever read was when they had the first JLA-JSA cross-over in Justice League of America issues 21 and 22 in 1963.) Infinite Earths, Flashpoint, Battleworlds, Identity Crisis, The New 52, Rebirth - yeah, honestly I got burned out on all that years ago. After one of those "events" a few years ago, I went online and tried to figure out what had happened - who was dead, who had come back to life, whose history was different and how - and it was all so convoluted and stupid that I just had to say "No mas".

As for the death of continuity, in large part I blame the editors at both companies for not being able to say "No" to the writers...for not being able to say, "Yeah, that's a cool idea you have for the X-Men, but we've already got a couple of X-books. People are going to be really confused if we have five different books and none of the stories seem to be happening in the same universe". In the end, they fall prey to the greed and let the writers just go nuts, ignore continuity, and the readers end up trying to figure out from month to month who is dead in which universe and whether something they remember happening last year "really" happened now or it didn't.

While I enjoy the occasional event, it has gone too far. Now the comics are all about the events with some filler or set-up for the next event stuck in between.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 11:02 AM
It's not his age...it's his I.Q. that is low.

I'm sorry you have no appreciation for literary discussion. Final warning for all.

This is a tPF for serious discussion. Discuss the topic or be gone.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 11:04 AM
I'm old school on comic continuity. I prefer it done like green lantern did through crisis. In my mind, the cosmic cube is still mired in the muck of the Hudson River where Jack Kirby left it.

I'm not a fan of lazy writing tools like chartreuse kryptonite or sparky, Clark's super gerbil from Kandor.

That's fair. Superman comics are the epitome of lazy writing in comics. "Well, we got him in a jam he can't get out of. What now?" "He gets a new power!"

decedent
04-13-2017, 11:16 AM
You are how old?

He's at least 12.

This is something the comics world has been discussing for a while now, and it seems to be getting ready to come to a head soon. Now, first let me say that technically, Cap is not a Nazi at the moment. However, he has been turned evil and "has been an agent of Hydra from the beginning" (the quotes are important). Hydra is inextricably linked in the minds of many to be a Nazi organization. The current canon origin of Hydra was in ancient Egypt, long before Hitler could have ever been conceived. As Hydra stands now in the comics universe, there are two factions. One is the Red Skull's faction, who is undeniably a Nazi. The other is a more general New World Order group, which Cap is part of.

Now, let's go back to the quotes from earlier. Was Captain America always a member of Hydra? No. Red Skull obtained a cosmic cube and altered reality to make Cap a Hydra agent now. In doing so, he also altered Cap's memories (and those of others involved) to reflect a history of him being Hydra all along.

Last week's Captain America comic clarified things a little further, actually. It showed one of those "memories" wherein Cap says Red Skull betrayed Hydra by connecting it with the Third Reich. However, in the minds of most, Hydra is purely a Nazi organization.

Now that the backstory has been put forth, it's time for some commentary. Yes, the idea of Captain America as a Nazi is unthinkable and goes against everything the character is about. However, let's look at this from a story perspective. Say you're Red Skull, who has been foiled time and again by your worst foe, Captain America. You gain the power to alter reality. Wouldn't it make sense to transform that foe so that he wouldn't be a thorn in your side, but an ally? In fact, he didn't go far enough with the change, as Cap murdered Red Skull in order to fully take over Hydra. Oops. Logically, he should have made Cap a full Nazi, while I still hate the idea.

Now, will Nazi Cap always be on people's minds from now on? Hard to say, though he will be for a while at least. In the end, will he be remembered forever like alcoholic Tony Stark or eventually forgotten like evil, murderous Tony Stark and Teen Tony Stark? Only time and how it is handled will tell.

This is the stupidest story line ever. Cap's greatest enemy was Hydra. He was co-created created by Jack Kirby -- a Jew.

First they make Stark a drunken asshole, then they make Hal Jordan a bad guy, then they make Supes a tyrant (Injustice). I know these are not all in the same timeline but it's still disturbing. For some reason, making Cap a Nazi irks me the most. He was given the super-soldier serum because he was an incorruptible person.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 11:40 AM
He's at least 12.
I will say I'm far older than that.

This is the stupidest story line ever. Cap's greatest enemy was Hydra. He was co-created created by Jack Kirby -- a Jew.

First they make Start a drunken asshole, then they make Hal Jordan a bad guy, then they make Supes a tyrant (Injustice). I know these are not all in the same timeline but it's still disturbing. For some reason, making Capa a Nazi irks me the most. He was given the super-soldier serum because he was an incorruptible person.
My defense of the Cap storyline is that there is logic behind it. Now, that said, it should irk us all more than the others. It goes against everything the character was created for and stands for.

Regarding Stark becoming an alcoholic, that was really natural progression and led to a powerful story. He always enjoyed his drink, and using the suit drunk was an inevitability. Hal is probably the most troublesome of the examples you cited (yes, he was under the influence of the avatar of fear, but that's not the strongest excuse). As for the Superman example, that's more of an Elseworlds story, and I've found what I've read of Injustice to be a very interesting story. As an Elseworlds story, it hasn't changed the core Superman any more than USSR Superman did.

Standing Wolf
04-13-2017, 11:41 AM
I think one of the funniest things Marvel has done recently involves Nick Fury. Nick Fury used to be a White guy. (David Hasselhoff played him in a movie, for crying out loud...and, surprisingly, actually didn't do too bad a job.) Then along came the Ultimate Universe, and in that universe Nick Fury was a Black guy who looked like Samuel L. Jackson. (At one point in the comic, someone asks Fury who he'd want to play him in a movie and he says, "Samuel L. Jackson, of course".) Years later, that happened. Then, when the Ultimate Universe - I think - somehow got "blended into" the mainstream Marvel comic universe, they adopted the Black version and explained that he was actually Nick Fury Junior - the illegitimate son of the White Nick Fury. Just wow. :grin:

Bethere
04-13-2017, 11:48 AM
That's fair. Superman comics are the epitome of lazy writing in comics. "Well, we got him in a jam he can't get out of. What now?" "He gets a new power!"

One needn't be Brainiac 5 to see the truth in that.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 11:55 AM
I think one of the funniest things Marvel has done recently involves Nick Fury. Nick Fury used to be a White guy. (David Hasselhoff played him in a movie, for crying out loud...and, surprisingly, actually didn't do too bad a job.) Then along came the Ultimate Universe, and in that universe Nick Fury was a Black guy who looked like Samuel L. Jackson. (At one point in the comic, someone asks Fury who he'd want to play him in a movie and he says, "Samuel L. Jackson, of course".) Years later, that happened. Then, when the Ultimate Universe - I think - somehow got "blended into" the mainstream Marvel comic universe, they adopted the Black version and explained that he was actually Nick Fury Junior - the illegitimate son of the White Nick Fury. Just wow. :grin:
Actually, Nick Fury Junior showed up in the main Marvel Universe (616) before the end of the Ultimate Universe. Parts of the Ultimate Universe got brought over, but Ultimate Nick Fury ended with it. It was obvious with Junior that they just wanted to match the face to the Cinematic Universe version.

decedent
04-13-2017, 12:09 PM
...and I've found what I've read of Injustice to be a very interesting story. As an Elseworlds story, it hasn't changed the core Superman any more than USSR Superman did.
Injustice is the best series I've ever read. Better than Civil Wars, the Phoenix Saga... you name it.

The thing about making Superman, Hal, Robin, et al, bad guys is that they weren't necessarily supposed to be good in the first place. Steve Rogers was selected because he was good. This is why him becoming a traitor makes no sense. Doing this stunt in the middle of the MCU series is even more dumb -- seeing Nazi Cap in the comics while seeing Good Cap on film.

decedent
04-13-2017, 12:23 PM

He now has a "super flare." I don't know or care what that is. I own thousands of comic books and maybe 4 of them are Superman.

Too powerful = too boring. That's what I like about mutants: one simple power that manifests itself at puberty. When they work in teams, their individual powers make the group that much stronger -- like when Colossus throws Wolverine, making him a razor-sharp cannonball.

Fastball special:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/54/73/00/547300099051a5873d33ba84711e70b6.jpg

Green Arrow
04-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Injustice is the best series I've ever read. Better than Civil Wars, the Phoenix Saga... you name it.

The thing about making Superman, Hal, Robin, et al, bad guys is that they weren't necessarily supposed to be good in the first place. Steve Rogers was selected because he was good. This is why him becoming a traitor makes no sense. Doing this stunt in the middle of the MCU series is even more dumb -- seeing Nazi Cap in the comics while seeing Good Cap on film.

Have you read the new DC Bombshells series? It's pretty damn good so far. Like polar opposite of Nazi Cap.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 12:34 PM
He now has a "super flare." I don't know or care what that is. I own thousands of comic books and maybe 4 of them are Superman.

Too powerful = too boring. That's what I like about mutants: one simple power that manifests itself at puberty. When they work in teams, their individual powers make the group that much stronger -- like when Colossus throws Wolverine, making him a razor-sharp cannonball.

Fastball special:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/54/73/00/547300099051a5873d33ba84711e70b6.jpg
I'm honestly surprised Superman comics have lasted as long as they have. He's the most overpowered, boring character. He's hard to write interesting stories for as they've made him.

I've long been a fan of mutants (and Inhumans are the same way). Colossus and Wolverine is one of the great team-ups. They're far more interesting, and when it's one against the odds, it heightens the drama.

decedent
04-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Have you read the new DC Bombshells series? It's pretty damn good so far. Like polar opposite of Nazi Cap.

I have heard of it. I'll check it out this weekend.

I'm honestly surprised Superman comics have lasted as long as they have. He's the most overpowered, boring character. He's hard to write interesting stories for as they've made him.

And his goodness makes him too predictable. If two buses are running off a cliff, Supes will try to save the both, Bats will save only one if needed.

This is from Ultimate X-Men #41, and it shows something Superman would never do. It's a short subplot about a mutant kid who develops an unfortunate power that kills those around him. He goes into hiding in a cave. Since human-mutant relations are strained, and millions of lives are at stake, Wolverine knows what the bad PR would do. He takes care of matters his own way. (His healing factor keeps him alive).

http://www.abload.de/img/ultimate_x-men_41_pg_cgj28.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/ultimate_x-men_41_pg_1scl9.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/ultimate_x-men_41_pg_lqj64.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/ultimate_x-men_41_pg_7jjta.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/ultimate_x-men_41_pg_sdjue.jpg

That kid is a hero.

Standing Wolf
04-13-2017, 01:12 PM
About ten years ago, I bought my first copy of any Superman comic in a long, long time. It was Superman #680, and it involved Superman getting his butt kicked by a character called Atlas, and Krypto backing him up relentlessly...even when his master takes off to go get help, the dog continues to risk his own life without question or hesitation for the one he simply calls "Man", and we hear what Krypto is thinking - and he thinks like any other dog, which is somehow surprising. We're so used to animals being anthropomorphized in the comics, but Superman's dog thinks in very simple, dog-like terms - he will die, if necessary, protecting his "Man". It's a great little story.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/0/04/Superman_v.1_680.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/327?cb=20081123001712

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l594/Siskoid/Splashes/splash-superman1-680.jpg

Green Arrow
04-13-2017, 01:16 PM
Fuck Superman. Supergirl and Krypto are the best.

AeonPax
04-13-2017, 02:53 PM
`
`
I like the more cosmic characters like Galactus, The Stranger, Thanos, Chaos/Order, Infinity/Eternity, The Eternals and Warlock.

Common Sense
04-13-2017, 02:58 PM
Not really into comics anymore. I was when I was younger.

All I know now is that DC seems to suck and Marvel is the best of the mainstream comics.

I still do admire the medium and the artwork.

Standing Wolf
04-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Not really into comics anymore. I was when I was younger.

All I know now is that DC seems to suck and Marvel is the best of the mainstream comics.

I still do admire the medium and the artwork.

Did you read Captain Canuck, back in the day?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/Captain_Canuck1.jpg

I've still got all the old issues, and have been collecting the new ones that started coming out a couple of years ago.

Common Sense
04-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Did you read Captain Canuck, back in the day?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/Captain_Canuck1.jpg

I've still got all the old issues, and have been collecting the new ones that started coming out a couple of years ago.

I've seen it, never really read it.

My favourite Canadian super hero has gotta be Wolverine.

Mister D
04-13-2017, 03:12 PM
A Nazi Captain America? Kind of a cool idea.

Green Arrow
04-13-2017, 03:41 PM
I've seen it, never really read it.

My favourite Canadian super hero has gotta be Wolverine.

Not Alpha Flight?

Standing Wolf
04-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Not Alpha Flight?

Didn't that whole team get wiped out in the current continuity?

Bethere
04-13-2017, 04:20 PM
A Nazi Captain America? Kind of a cool idea.

Green Arrow
04-13-2017, 04:23 PM

Good question. Hal Jordan?

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 06:02 PM
Alpha Flight is still around and will appear in the upcoming Secret Empire series.

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 06:09 PM
`
`
I like the more cosmic characters like Galactus, The Stranger, Thanos, Chaos/Order, Infinity/Eternity, The Eternals and Warlock.

I love the cosmic stories.

decedent
04-13-2017, 06:21 PM
`
`I like the more cosmic characters like ... Thanos

You may already know this but he'll be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe 'Finale'. The blue stone (Tesseract) from the 1st Avengers movie, the red stone from the 2nd Thor movie, the yellow stone from Guardians of the Galaxy, and a few other stones fit into the Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos is trying to acquire and put all the stones on the gauntlet to become all-powerful. It's cool how all of the MCU movies are actually part of a larger plot.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/af/Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg

Edit: I may have confused some colors.

Standing Wolf
04-13-2017, 07:36 PM
"Marvel Cinematic Universe 'Finale'."?

Common Sense
04-13-2017, 07:55 PM
I'm waiting for Islamofascist Ironman.

Mister D
04-13-2017, 07:58 PM

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 08:05 PM

http://i2.wp.com/www.islamscifi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/BC-Preview-IronMuslim_CVR_A-500x768.jpg

Hal Jordan
04-13-2017, 08:06 PM
Technically not the end. There will be more movies. He's talking about the end of the phase, Infinity War.

decedent
04-14-2017, 12:00 AM
You may already know this but he'll be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe 'Finale'. The blue stone (Tesseract) from the 1st Avengers movie, the red stone from the 2nd Thor movie, the yellow stone from Guardians of the Galaxy, and a few other stones fit into the Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos is trying to acquire and put all the stones on the gauntlet to become all-powerful. It's cool how all of the MCU movies are actually part of a larger plot.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/af/Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg

Edit: I may have confused some colors.

Another edit: I think the yellow stone is the thing on Vision's forehead. I don't remember which one Starlord carries in the cube.

I put it in quotes because I don't know how to describe it. It's going to be an epic battle with lots of crossovers (Avengers, Guardians, and possibly X-Men and Spiderman). From what I've heard, everything is leading up to this big battle. 'Culmination' might be a better word.

Hal Jordan
04-14-2017, 12:07 AM
Another edit: I think the yellow stone is the thing on Vision's forehead. I don't remember which one Starlord carries in the cube.

I put it in quotes because I don't know how to describe it. It's going to be an epic battle with lots of crossovers (Avengers, Guardians, and possibly X-Men and Spiderman). From what I've heard, everything is leading up to this big battle. 'Culmination' might be a better word.

Sadly, not the X-Men, as the rights belong with Fox. Some of them were involved with the Infinity Gauntlet story. Things do seem to be getting better between Marvel and Fox. Maybe if Spider-Man:Homecoming does well, a deal can be struck. The first Act of the MCU will be over after Infinity War, but there will be more to come. I hope for the Runaways to make an appearance in Phase 4.