PDA

View Full Version : Falwell's university claims Mormonism is simply a "cult"

RtWngaFraud
11-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm curious. Why would Liberty University and the rabid right's Falwell crowd endorse a cult? I thought they were Christians? Someone please explain this to me. Thanks.

Calypso Jones
11-02-2012, 04:32 PM
A non-believer promoting division...not for the sake of religion but for the sake of an election. Way to go there Bronco Bamma.

Ivan88
11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
What are they cultivating?

cultivate, culture and cult are basically the same thing.

So calling someone's ism a cult is not saying much, except that they are cultivating something.

Chris
11-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Falwell August 11, 1933 – May 15, 2007

Captain Obvious
11-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Fallwell is/was Satan.

AZFlyFisher
11-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Same reason Billy Graham is endorsing a Mormon and removed the negative Mormon stuff from his website. Mormons are mainstream now. They've been completely accepted as normal by other Christians. Just watch how many run for office from now on. They love politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wePE3K21Xqo

roadmaster
11-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Same reason Billy Graham is endorsing a Mormon and removed the negative Mormon stuff from his website. Mormons are mainstream now. They've been completely accepted as normal by other Christians. Just watch how many run for office from now on. They love politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wePE3K21Xqo

There are different sects of Mormons. Just like there are different sects of Holiness, Baptist ect.

The Mormons that believe in more than one wife, put Smith before Jesus ect, then you have others who don't. We have all heard of some sects of Holiness that play with snakes. Mr. Graham met with him to see for himself, that's all. He has not come out and said vote for Mitt, he said vote your heart and for which is right according to the Bible. He was talking to Christians only. To be honest I don't dislike Obama but I do think he is heading us in the wrong direction according to my beliefs. Just like I wouldn't vote for McCain because the two were about alike. You vote according to your beliefs also if you admit it or not.

roadmaster
11-03-2012, 03:36 AM
Oh and some denies the essential doctrines of Christianity, including the deity of Christ and salvation by grace. Smith wrote a lot of prophecies, many of which never came true. And also some contradicts the Christian teaching that there is only one God. It is understandable that many were weary of Mitt. Just like Mohammad taught that there is one true God who is the same God that Jews and Christians worship. The best thing is not judge a person until you know their hearts and their fruits.

patlape
11-06-2012, 12:58 PM
In my humble opinion...

I grow tired of one "Christian" Sect warring against another. I say if you believe in Jesus and that he was the son of God that died and rose again, that is good enough for me. Paul and Peter had very different views on their faith yet both play huge roles in the early Church. Was Peter wrong or was Paul? My opinion neither each was an individual who promoted the love of Christ in their own way.
I am not a theologian; I don’t know the ins and outs of Mormonism. What I think I know of the Mormons is that they believe Christ came to the western world during the three days between his death and his resurrection. “Traditional” Christian beliefs are that he went to battle Satan for the keys of Death. Being that God and Satan are eternal and stand outside of time it stands to be possible that both could have happened.
I do not believe he came to the western world but that doesn’t make me right. What I do believe is that we should stand as one united front regardless of denomination. Let’s pool our resources and bring back good moral values. Let’s get America back on track to the founding fathers beliefs and sort out the semantics when we can ask God Himself.

ptif219
11-06-2012, 02:06 PM
So now the left so afraid of Mitt they have to go after his religion. I don't remember hearing this from the left about Rev Wright's church Obama attended for 20 years.

So now a vote for a person is about his religion not his stance on issues.

I thought the left was about separation of church and state which means one's religion does not matter.

Captain Obvious
11-06-2012, 05:00 PM
So now the left so afraid of Mitt they have to go after his religion. I don't remember hearing this from the left about Rev Wright's church Obama attended for 20 years.

So now a vote for a person is about his religion not his stance on issues.

I thought the left was about separation of church and state which means one's religion does not matter.

Give the left credit though for fearing Romney for his actual faith, unlike the manufactured faith the right tags OhBama with.

ptif219
11-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Give the left credit though for fearing Romney for his actual faith, unlike the manufactured faith the right tags OhBama with.

I don't know Obama seems to keep giving terrorists a pass and seems to be afraid to fight them.

Captain Obvious
11-06-2012, 09:35 PM
I don't know Obama seems to keep giving terrorists a pass and seems to be afraid to fight them.

When he was droning the shit out of the, conservatives where shitting the bed.

Go figure.

Calypso Jones
11-07-2012, 12:31 AM

Go figure.

No conservatives weren't. Liberals were. They wanted him to leave his dear muslims friends alone. I guess we will now...and continue to send them money for their springtimes in Arabia.

Calypso Jones
11-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Harry Reid is a mormon...but that seems to be okay.

other Mormons in POlitics:
Other Latter-day Saint senators include:
Sen. Mike Crapo, R-Idaho, elected in 1998.
Newly elected Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
Sen. Tom Udall, D-New Mexico, elected in 2008.

Latter-day Saints serving in the U.S. House of Representatives include:
Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah, elected in 2002.
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, elected in 2008.
Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., elected in 2000.
Rep. Dean Heller, R-Nevada, elected in 2006.
Rep. Wally Herger, R-Calif., elected in 1986.
Newly elected Rep. Raul Labrador, R-Idaho.
Rep. Jim Matheson, D-Utah, elected in 2000.
Rep. Buck McKeon, R-Calif., elected in 1992.
Rep. Mike Simpson, R-Idaho, elected in 1998.
Rep. Eni Faleomavaega, D-American Samoa, is one of five territorial representatives in the House. He is in his 13th term as American Samoa's nonvoting delegate.
LDS Governor
Utah Governor Gary Herbert was sworn in for his first term as a governor Jan. 3.
He is currently the only Latter-day Saint governor in office.

Mike Lee, a newly elected Church member in the Senate, had not held a political office prior to being elected. A native of Provo, Utah, Sen. Lee is a graduate of Brigham Young University. He has been a constitutional lawyer in Utah and Washington, D.C.

Raul Labrador, a newly elected Latter-day Saint in the U.S. House, is a native of Puerto Rico.
Educated at Brigham Young (http://thepoliticalforums.com/people/11/Brigham-Young.html) University, he received a law degree from the University of Washington. He most recently served in the Idaho House of Representatives.

ptif219
11-07-2012, 11:16 AM

Go figure.

Yet he refuses to meet with Netanyahu but invites the Muslim brotherhood. When our embassy is under attack Obama does nothing and blames it on a US citizen

corrocamino
12-02-2012, 01:28 PM
"Cult", "sect", "mainstream religion" -- absolutely arbitrary distinctions. (Me, I'm a member of the How-the-Hell-Would-You-Know cult.)

roadmaster
12-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I grow tired of one "Christian" Sect warring against another. I say if you believe in Jesus and that he was the son of God that died and rose again, that is good enough for me Even the demons believe in Jesus and the rest, the only difference is one repents and follows Jesus, the other doesn't.

ptif219
12-03-2012, 05:46 PM

Go figure.

You mean when Obama went into countries with no permission?

Seriy
01-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Jerry Falwell is in Hell now and forever. Eternity is left.:evil:

countryboy
01-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Yes, as compared to orthodox Christianity, Mormonism is a cult. So what, Obamunism is a far worse cult. Lesser of two weevils. :wink: