PDA

View Full Version : Obama Raises Over 70 Million For His Campaign.....

MMC
10-13-2011, 06:55 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-raises-more-70-million-104310360.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's campaign raised more than $70 million combined for his re-election and the Democratic party during the summer, an amount that gives him a clear advantage over his Republican rivals but is less than his initial fundraising effort.

The fundraising total announced Thursday exceeds a goal set by the campaign of $55 million combined for the July-September fundraising period but is about $16 million less than Obama raised during the April-June quarter.

The numbers include $42.8 million for Obama's campaign and $27.3 million for the Democratic National Committee, which will help Obama's re-election effort next year.

Obama still leads his Republican rivals in fundraising by tens of millions and can save most of it for next year because he does not face a primary opponent.....snip~

Already Obama is calling himself the Underdog. Yet Romney only has 17 mil. People are still giving to him. Even though there has been a drop off as well as the canceling of fundraisers for him.

Conley
10-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Romney is canceling fundraisers?

I can't believe Obama has raised so much but this should really show everyone he is in cahoots with the special interests and not some champion of the people, which is what his voters believed the first time around.

Elibe
10-13-2011, 02:02 PM
looks like people still believe in obama after all lol

MMC
10-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Hmmmmm Elibe. Those are Democratic Fundraisers. Still they thought they would have more. Plus now he is losing the Jewish support. That means money! Lady Jane Rothschild already ante'd up with Huntsmen this time round.

But just how is he helping the country out by spending money for all that money he pulls in? They plan to break 750 million dollars this time. Think that 750 million could help out with some infrastructure? Shouldn't all those Democractic Donors be trying to help their part of the country and not wasting money by partying?

U-know.....Ask not what your country can do for you. But what you can do for your Country. Althought we can make it simpler. How bout doing for your own state and not Washington D.C.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 03:01 PM

I'm sure plenty of corporations do! ;D >:(

MMC
10-13-2011, 03:20 PM

You're not talking bout any Solar Corporations.....now are ya? :D ;)

jgreer
10-13-2011, 03:23 PM

I thought you conservatives would cheer capitalism and the free market. I guess not.

MMC
10-13-2011, 03:34 PM

I thought you conservatives would cheer capitalism and the free market. I guess not.

Now how can one cheer waste.....and the scamming of the people.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 03:38 PM

What? ??? :D

jgreer
10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Haven't you heard? The conservative court ruled in Citizens United that corporations have the right to free speech and political donations. It's the law and the Constitution, sorry if you don't like it but you have only your own people to thank for it.

MMC
10-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Haven't you heard? The conservative court ruled in Citizens United that corporations have the right to free speech and political donations. It's the law and the Constitution, sorry if you don't like it but you have only your own people to thank for it.

Yeah we heard.....so whats your excuse for Unions for the last 50yrs.

jgreer
10-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Unions are people. And they've done more for this country than many. The five day work week, worker safety, forty hour work weeks, no children in the workplace and on and on. You are ignorant of history if you think unions are a bad thing.

MMC
10-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Unions are people. And they've done more for this country than many. The five day work week, worker safety, forty hour work weeks, no children in the workplace and on and on. You are ignorant of history if you think unions are a bad thing.

How is that JG when Unions make up for less than 10% of the country. Seem U don't know your history. Actually I think its more like 7%. Senority held jobs despite not being trained for that specific type of work. The Rasing of Union dues for political Contributions. Moreover Today Government Unions make up that majority. Life Pensions for Congressional Members who serve one or two terms. Benefits up the ying yang. Union voting blocks ring a bell?

Mister D
10-13-2011, 06:19 PM

Haven't you heard? Hope and Change done been bought and sold. :D ::) :-\ :'( And here you are raging against the corporations and yet you support Obama. :o

jgreer
10-14-2011, 11:01 AM

How is that JG when Unions make up for less than 10% of the country. Seem U don't know your history. Actually I think its more like 7%. Senority held jobs despite not being trained for that specific type of work. The Rasing of Union dues for political Contributions. Moreover Today Government Unions make up that majority. Life Pensions for Congressional Members who serve one or two terms. Benefits up the ying yang. Union voting blocks ring a bell?

Listen man. Now they are a small percentage of what they used to be because Republicans have succeeded in tearing them down. HOwever back when Unions had a much higher percentage is when they made these gains for all WORKING AMERICANS. I am not talking about any union of Congress. You need to read some history before you keep making a fool of yourself. You are twisting words.

Conley
10-14-2011, 11:20 AM

Listen man. Now they are a small percentage of what they used to be because Republicans have succeeded in tearing them down. HOwever back when Unions had a much higher percentage is when they made these gains for all WORKING AMERICANS. I am not talking about any union of Congress. You need to read some history before you keep making a fool of yourself. You are twisting words.

Simma down son...deep breaths

MMC
10-14-2011, 01:01 PM

Try again JG.....Unions even at their height and their best have never made up more than 15% of the Workforce population. Throw in another 10 percent of those Elite liberals that don't like to work and they would not make up even 1/4th of that population.

Conley
10-14-2011, 01:12 PM
So you're saying that 10% of 15% is less than 1/4? ;D :D :D Huh?

MMC
10-14-2011, 01:28 PM

Shhhhh I was thinking of breaking down and throwing out any ole numbers like the Dems do when they are talking money. As in its only 50 mil or so. 600mill and we save. But do this and give me a hamburger today......and I will gladly pay you back ten years from now while saving us 10 billion dollars. But then I will need another 447 billion to create jobs in education. hire us some more teachers. Get some shovel ready projects going.(only those for the government and right we we live or party.) Oh and I will create an infrastructure bank. That would be for infrastructure.( they just didnt say who's) ;)

Conley
10-14-2011, 01:49 PM

Shhhhh I was thinking of breaking down and throwing out any ole numbers like the Dems do when they are talking money. As in its only 50 mil or so. 600mill and we save. But do this and give me a hamburger today......and I will gladly pay you back ten years from now while saving us 10 billion dollars. But then I will need another 447 billion to create jobs in education. hire us some more teachers. Get some shovel ready projects going.(only those for the government and right we we live or party.) Oh and I will create an infrastructure bank. That would be for infrastructure.( they just didnt say who's) ;)

:roflmao:

MMC
10-14-2011, 02:23 PM

:roflmao:

http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/thumbsup.gif ;)

Elibe
10-14-2011, 02:32 PM

Try again JG.....Unions even at their height and their best have never made up more than 15% of the Workforce population. Throw in another 10 percent of those Elite liberals that don't like to work and they would not make up even 1/4th of that population.

so you admit you are just making it up as you go along

no wonder you support the republicans

MMC
10-14-2011, 02:51 PM

so you admit you are just making it up as you go along

no wonder you support the republicans

Nice try Elibe..... ;) but LoVe already has the statstics up in another thread. Moreover you can google up the stats and see not even 10%. Thats Funny I never voted for Bush Jr. I will always support true Republicans Elibe. Not Neo-Cons nor Southern Cons, Nor Neo-Libs.

Elibe
10-14-2011, 02:55 PM
see it is real easy to just to say you dont support anyone and that there is something wrong with them all

the country needs solutions not whiners

MMC
10-14-2011, 03:04 PM
see it is real easy to just to say you dont support anyone and that there is something wrong with them all

the country needs solutions not whiners

Like any True Republican I have made mention for solutions. There are several but not enough to change the Course of the Republican Party at this point in time. Yet definately enough to to make conservatives think before they just act.

So what solutions have the Democrats come up with Elibe.....besides selling out to the NWO and the Sunni?