PDA

View Full Version : Changes to The Political Forums

ADMIN
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
A number of new and exciting changes have been made to the Political Forums.

1) New discussion rooms have been created:

The Political Science Room
The Gender, Sexuality, and Race Room
The Health and Medicine Room
The Technology Room

2) The Infraction Room has been set up. It's a sort of time out, a go to your room, a sit in the corner kind of place.
If, after moderation requests and warnings, you receive an infraction, then automatically for a 24 hour period, while you will be able to read the rest of the forum, you will be restricted to posting to just The Hole.

3) The forum areas have been reorganized as you can see if you go to The Political Forums (http://thepoliticalforums.com/forum.php). The areas have different expectations and moderation.
The Political Forums (http://thepoliticalforums.com/forums/24-The-Political-Forums) and Politics and News (http://thepoliticalforums.com/forums/3-Politics-and-News) are for freer discussion and light moderation--as it has been with the same rules and guidelines (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/6236-The-Political-Forums-Revised-Rules-and-Regulations).

Other Discussions (http://thepoliticalforums.com/forums/4-Other-Discussions) are for more serious discussion and stricter moderation. The rules apply but, on the positive side, we will also require that all posts make a contribution be it information, question or argumentation, and on the negative side we will not allow trolling, inflammatory remarks, personal attacks, or off-topic comments.

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 07:48 AM
could you explain what an infraction is?

I kept getting infracted for pointing out lies.

Chris
11-09-2012, 08:43 AM

An infraction is an action taken for violating forum rules: The Political Forums Revised Rules and Regulations (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/6236-The-Political-Forums-Revised-Rules-and-Regulations). Unless the violation is egregious, warnings are given first, and if they're not followed in a reasonable manner, then an infraction might be issued.

One of the rules states "General discussion of forum rules and moderation is fine in public, but questions and challenges involving moderator actions must be communicated via PM." Thus, this is a friendly warning that if you want to discuss your personal issues with moderation you need to do so in PMs and not online.

ADMIN
02-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Members,

The forum will be temporarily shut down at 11:15pm EST to reorganize several subforums.

We anticipate the closure to last no longer than ten minutes.

Thank you,

ADMIN

ADMIN
02-17-2013, 11:18 PM
Correction, the shut down will occur at 11:30 or later. The nightly backup is taking longer than usual.

ADMIN
02-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Since our web server is particularly sluggish tonight, I will try again tomorrow evening.

Thank you for your patience.

Carygrant
02-18-2013, 03:03 AM
Since our web server is particularly sluggish tonight, I will try again tomorrow evening.

Thank you for your patience.

Come out and show your face , you varlet .
We will do battle on the heath at dawn tomorrow . You bring your back-up . I don't need any .

Peter1469
02-18-2013, 03:06 AM
Welcome back. I should be able to show up at dawn tomorrow- before I go to bed. A duel should be great fun. But not very taxing.

Carygrant
02-18-2013, 03:22 AM
I haven't been anywhere yet ( I don't count my weekly trip to the horse eating French And Belgians) , though this time next week I should be in Belarus ( Minsk) .
I have Friday at dawn free for a duel and like yours , our Government does not tax them .
I should warn you that I have fought twice with swords --- at the age of about 11 , I scratched a friend's eye sufficiently that he was hospitalised ( no lasting damage but I had a very painful posterior for some time). No masks and no permission to use the epees
About three years later I managed to scrape another friend's expensive piano ---- whilst we were duelling , --- and never received another home visit invitation .
That friend moved shortly after and I have never heard from him since . Not sure about cause and effect though .

Peter1469
02-18-2013, 03:24 AM
I haven't been anywhere yet ( I don't count my weekly trip to the horse eating French And Belgians) , though this time next week I should be in Belarus ( Minsk) .
I have Friday at dawn free for a duel and like yours , our Government does not tax them .
I should warn you that I have fought twice with swords --- at the age of about 11 , I scratched a friend's eye sufficiently that he was hospitalised ( no lasting damage but I had a very painful posterior for some time). No masks and no permission to use the epees
About three years later I managed to scrape another friend's expensive piano ---- whilst we were duelling , --- and never received another home visit request .
That friend moved shortly after and I have never heard from him since . Not sure about cause and effect though .

Sounds like a great time. Let me know when you are back from Minsk. Well shall set up a grand duel. You bring the weapons- I'll bring the booze.

Carygrant
02-18-2013, 03:31 AM
Sounds like a great time. Let me know when you are back from Minsk. Well shall set up a grand duel. You bring the weapons- I'll bring the booze.

Aha . A grand duel .
Just like Errol Flynn--- on top of a piano .

Peter1469
02-18-2013, 03:50 AM
No body oil. I have my limits.

oceanloverOH
02-18-2013, 05:32 AM

And I'll be the audience. I'll bring some whiskey, bandages, antibiotic cream, and stitching materials (yes, I can sew skin and it doesn't look TOO Frankensteiny afterwards).

Peter1469
02-18-2013, 09:17 AM
And I'll be the audience. I'll bring some whiskey, bandages, antibiotic cream, and stitching materials (yes, I can sew skin and it doesn't look TOO Frankensteiny afterwards).

Sounds like a party.

Cigar
02-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Why not just call the Infraction Room the Liberal Hangout :grin:

Peter1469
02-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Why not just call the Infraction Room the Liberal Hangout :grin:

The Hole is for all who disregard the rules. Not just liberals. I put a con in there last night.

Carygrant
02-18-2013, 12:38 PM
But who?
This needles me -- no transparency .
Why?
I have a feeling that an analysis of the last six months , say , would be hugely revealing .
Perhaps it is now intended to be more fair and consistent . But so far it is BS , as far as I am concerned . However , give me proof and I will sing a different song ..

Mister D
02-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Several "right wingers" have been permanently banned. The admin and mods have been very tolerant of your antics as well as Cigar's.

Chloe
02-18-2013, 12:49 PM
But who?
Why?
I have a feeling that an analysis of the last six months , say , would be hugely revealing .
Perhaps it is now intended to be more fair and consistent . But so far it is BS , as far as I am concerned . However , give me proof and I will sing a different song ..

Isnt it usually just kindof the same people getting infractions and not really liberals in general though Cary? For example Adelaide and I, among others, are considered liberals on here but we haven't been banned to any room or singled out by the moderators.

Chris
02-18-2013, 12:58 PM
But who?
Why?

Stop whining.

Carygrant
02-18-2013, 12:59 PM
You must check Sperm and Poor's ratings --- Hole Topic ( not whole) ---- and see how you are classified .
The precise name tag differences are a crude approximation of real differences that many would contend are representative . Clearly Mister Sperm thought that way .

Peter1469
02-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Isnt it usually just kindof the same people getting infractions and not really liberals in general though Cary? For example Adelaide and I, among others, are considered liberals on here but we haven't been banned to any room or singled out by the moderators.

Chloe is certainly a lib. For now.

Carygrant
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Stop whining.

You produce this phrase at least once a month and it always tells us wen you are speechless .
Perhaps past guilt could be a contributing factor . Who knows ?

I do know that you manage to confuse Validation with Whining on a regular basis . I shall now use your phrase in exactly the same way as you wrongly do , each time I reply to one of your posts where you seek to Validate something . I am sure you will quickly get the hang of my useful point and helpful advice .

Chloe
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Chloe is certainly a lib. For now.

Lol for now? do you plan on replacing my brain or something?

Carygrant
02-18-2013, 01:11 PM

He should infract himself . That is a cruel threat .
But against that it sets a precedent for me to offer the same treatment to certain misguided people here .

Chloe
02-18-2013, 01:17 PM
He should infract himself . That is a cruel threat .
But against that it sets a precedent for me to offer the same treatment to certain misguided people here .

The thing is I'd gladly have myself infracted and banned to the hole for a day if I thought the moderators were singling out liberals or people that may share my opinions, but they don't. Infractions are earned, not given.

Chris
02-18-2013, 01:19 PM
You produce this phrase at least once a month and it always tells us wen you are speechless .
Perhaps past guilt could be a contributing factor . Who knows ?

I do know that you manage to confuse Validation with Whining on a regular basis . I shall now use your phrase in exactly the same way as you wrongly do , each time I reply to one of your posts where you seek to Validate something . I am sure you will quickly get the hang of my useful point and helpful advice .

You're an insufferable, insatiable boor, cary. Rather than accept what people have been telling you, warning you, infracting you, you blame everyone else. You're the problem.

Chris
02-18-2013, 01:20 PM
The thing is I'd gladly have myself infracted and banned to the hole for a day if I thought the moderators were singling out liberals or people that may share my opinions, but they don't. Infractions are earned, not given.

Exactly. Thank you.

Cigar
02-18-2013, 01:22 PM

I do my best ... :grin:

Peter1469
02-18-2013, 01:45 PM

Not me. :rollseyes:

Chris
02-18-2013, 09:08 PM
I do my best ... :grin:

And we appreciate that. http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/158/pat9xu.gif

Chris
02-19-2013, 07:09 AM
OK, so to get this thread back to topic, the following changes are coming soon thanks to the VIP team.

We're going to reorganize the forum a bit, add a new forum area called "On the Lighter Side" and move "The Pub," "Sights and Sounds" and "Sports and Athletics" rooms to it and add a new room called "Food and Drink." Also, "Democrats" and "Republicans" will be merged into "U.S. Politics in General."

The new forum will look like this:

Politics and News
Latest Happenings
Rants
US Politics
World Affairs

On the Lighter Side
The Pub
Sights and Sounds
Sports and Athletics
Food and Drink

Other Discussions
The Science Room
The Veterans' Room
The Religion and Philosophy Room
The History Room
The Economics Room
The Political Science Room
The Gender, Sexuality, and Race Room
The Health and Medicine Room
The Technology Room
The Environmental Issues Room

Note that by design all and only rooms under Other Discussions are called "The <name> Room" to distinguish them as rooms where higher standards of discussion & rules apply - please see standards before posting. Those standards were announced here (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/8250-Changes-to-The-Political-Forums), the rules can be found here (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/6236-The-Political-Forums-Revised-Rules-and-Regulations).

Thank you.

Cigar
02-19-2013, 08:20 AM
I don't know ... putting Democrats and Republicans in the same room could cause trouble ... I promise :laugh:

Chris
02-19-2013, 08:57 AM
I don't know ... putting Democrats and Republicans in the same room could cause trouble ... I promise :laugh:

Ought to liven things up bit putting you all in the same room.

Conley
02-19-2013, 09:59 AM
:grin: