PDA

View Full Version : Polwatch

ADMIN
04-30-2017, 07:44 PM
Dear Members,

It is with a heavy heart that we announce we have lost one of our own. Our Polwatch has passed away. As many of you knew, she had been dealing with health issues for quite a while. Throughout much of that difficult time, she continued to serve here as a moderator and contribute her own unique style of humor and class to the forums at large. It is worth repeating that she made our forum a better place, and the rest of the moderators a better team. She will be missed dearly, and I encourage you to share your thoughts and memories below in tribute to her.

Thank you,
Admin

Common
04-30-2017, 07:46 PM
Oh man this really bums me out, couldnt find a better human being than Polwatch. RIP Dear lady

Captain Obvious
Don't know what to say

Mister D
Well, that sux. RIP, Polwatch.

Dr. Who
04-30-2017, 07:54 PM
Pol was a very dear friend and I hope that her passing was peaceful. I will miss our conversations and her sense of humor which always brought a smile to my face and I will also miss her presence on the forum.

Goodbye my friend. I'm sure your journey has just begun.

Tricia
04-30-2017, 07:54 PM
RIP to one classy lady. I'll miss her.

hanger4
04-30-2017, 07:55 PM
My friend has passed to the great Crimson Tide in the sky.

With heavy heart, RIP.

The Xl
04-30-2017, 07:58 PM
That's awful news. Rip

Chris
04-30-2017, 08:00 PM
We've lost a freind.

Tricia
04-30-2017, 08:01 PM
ADMIN, can a PW be added under the banner with the others?

ADMIN
04-30-2017, 08:03 PM
@ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1), can a PW be added under the banner with the others?

Yes, it is already planned.

Peter1469
04-30-2017, 08:06 PM
RIP friend.

Doublejack
04-30-2017, 08:17 PM
RIP Polwatch

DGUtley
04-30-2017, 08:19 PM
RIP to a classy lady. She will be missed.

Newpublius
04-30-2017, 08:21 PM
I hope Polwatch didn't suffer too terribly. RIP

Ravens Fan
04-30-2017, 08:42 PM
I, like others, am at a loss for words. My stomach dropped when I first read the news and hasn't come back yet. RIP my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Jim
04-30-2017, 09:56 PM
Oh No!! A dear friend lost. There will be a Polwatch on my friends page while I am here. Rest in peace.

William
04-30-2017, 10:08 PM
To me, Polwatch was a very kind and special lady, and I feel terrible. I feel sorry for all those people here who knew her much longer than me. I've only had one friend and a pet die up to now, and it is horrible - I feel awful at the news about Polwatch, and I'm sure those of you who knew her better feel worse. R.I.P. my friend - I wish I had known you longer.

Crepitus
04-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Sad. Rest in peace my friend.

Hal Jordan
04-30-2017, 10:23 PM
PolWatch was one of the early posters I gained a great deal of respect for. When I finally started posting regularly, I recognized the quality of her posts early on, which also showed me her character. She will be sorely missed.

Safety
04-30-2017, 11:20 PM
Words can not express the feelings I am experiencing at this moment, but I will try...

Polwatch, although I never knew you in real life, the persona you projected via your alias, not only showed the character of a good person, but a great friend. Even through the faces of sheer stupidity shown here at times, you were able to parse your words and be the adult that was needed to calm down the tantrums and return order to the discussion. Your presence was missed before, and now at the news of your early departure, it reminds me of a quote..."There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go"...thanks for being my friend.

Standing Wolf
04-30-2017, 11:40 PM
It takes a thing like this to cause us to remember and think about something that all of us - and I do mean all - quite frequently lose sight of...simply that behind each avatar is a flesh and blood human being. Each strong in his or her own way and fragile in others. Each with sorrows and joys, problems and triumphs we will never be privy to. You and I - we have before us, right this minute, a miracle of technology that allows us to communicate with other people a half a world away. And what do we do with it?

What do we do with it?

I stand on the mountaintop, as the great bird approaches.
She is small in my sight, but grows larger on approach
Until I am blessed with the full sight of her graceful wings, proud countenance and good company.
All too quickly, she grows small again on the horizon and disappears from view.
And I call out,
"Look, there. She's gone."

But there are other mountaintops beyond me.
And at the precise moment when I note the great bird's departure from my view,
I know there are new eyes taking up the sight of her.
And fresh voices calling out,
"Here she comes!"

Tahuyaman
04-30-2017, 11:52 PM
This isn't news anyone wants to hear.

You never know what's going on in the life of the people here.

Ethereal
05-01-2017, 12:36 AM
A twinkling star in the night's sky has faded from our view, but not from our memory.

RIP to a wonderful person - she will be missed

William
05-01-2017, 02:13 AM
This isn't news anyone wants to hear.

You never know what's going on in the life of the people here.

You are right, and that's one good reason to remember, like Standing Wolf says, that each post we read on here has a person, with a life, with people who love them, and with disappointments and sometimes pain, behind it. We can disagree with their views, we can have fun with what they say, but if we are deliberately nasty - we can never take back those things, and we have not made a life happier. If I had said unkind things to and about Polwatch, I would be much unhappier than I am now.

FindersKeepers
05-01-2017, 04:05 AM
A light has gone out.

I am relieved that, for a very special lady, suffering is now a thing of the past, but, although I knew she was ill, I really didn't expect this so soon.

Polwatch contacted me to be a VIP before I knew what being one meant, and she assured me that I could do it. She was always kind, but she never complained or shared the turmoil she was living. She was the epitome of class and graciousness. Soft-spoken and wise. A lady to the manor born.

My heart goes out to those here who knew her well -- and to the loved ones she leaves behind.

Fly free, sweet lady. Fly high.

Docthehun
05-01-2017, 07:29 AM
Well, I'm just hoping that I've lived a good enough life to catch up to her somewhere down the road. This sort of news tends to put things in their true order of importance.

Common Sense
05-01-2017, 07:42 AM
Horrible news. She was a great poster and a great person. She will be missed.

jimmyz
05-01-2017, 02:50 PM
I knew her here for such a short time. What I remember the most is she was always the adult in the room. Her online grace is to be commended. How lucky her family is to have had her in their life. I try to temper my sadness in hearing bad news with my novice poetry. Here's one.

Rudder in hand, tailing winds blown full.
We must set our course, unseen but over the horizon.

Waves lapping upon our eyes and soul, sun shaded then bright.
The urge for last port made strong, with sleepless and frantic made life.

No land has fallen over seas dark, black and rising.
It stirs a restless faith in a journey ending.
With sweetest light and joyous sighting comes a calm harbor, a harbor in Heaven.

RIP Polwatch

Mister D
05-01-2017, 03:05 PM
We had our ups and downs but we always made up by changing the subject to food. Good person.

gamewell45
05-01-2017, 05:03 PM
May she find eternal rest and happiness in the Lords Kingdom. Rest in peace.

Docthehun
05-01-2017, 06:43 PM
I was thinking, just based on this forum, how many people she positively affected in her day to day life. It wouldn't get much better; "A life well lived".

silvereyes
05-05-2017, 10:41 PM
She caught me lurking one night and messaged me. We chatted alot off the public board about just about everything.

Im devastated by this but it helps knowing she isnt suffering anymore. We used to say we were sisters at heart....and now mine is crushed.

My heart goes out to her beloved husband. Im sure his pain is incomparable.

Love you, D, with all my heart. Ill miss you. :(

sachem
05-14-2017, 04:38 PM
A special lady. I will miss her. Rest in peace.

Ethereal
05-14-2017, 04:40 PM
I posted this song in "Sights and Sounds" a while back and Polwatch liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuoozHaRS7s

It will always remind me of her. A heady mix of country and soul...

Common
05-14-2017, 06:33 PM
Some one has her avatar and everytime I see it, I think of her

William
05-14-2017, 06:41 PM
Some one has her avatar and everytime I see it, I think of her

Many members adopted her avatar after her illness and death - as a mark of respect. I think that's nice, but I think they have discontinued that now, and I think that's proper. :smiley:

Chris
05-14-2017, 08:10 PM
She's up there now with Wingrider and OceanLover...

https://i.snag.gy/RirPQJ.jpg

jimmyz
05-14-2017, 10:04 PM
Many members adopted her avatar after her illness and death - as a mark of respect. I think that's nice, but I think they have discontinued that now, and I think that's proper. :smiley:

edit

resister
05-14-2017, 10:15 PM
GOD rest her, GOD bless her, a voice of reason that is sorely missed, on this forum! Goodbye PW!