PDA

View Full Version : Old drug still used to kill head lice and still works

roadmaster
11-06-2012, 10:59 PM
http://www.wral.com/help-a-mom-new-drug-kills-lice-in-one-treatment-what-s-worked-for-you-/11737696/

A nurse told me to slather my daughter's head in mayonnaise before bed and then cover it with a shower cap secured with hair elastics. From the Dollar Store, this treatment was $2 and I had a pile of leftover shower caps for the next time. In the morning, we got in the shower and the dead bugs poured out of her hair. Sheets and towels washed it hot water and we were good to go. This works because the mayo suffocates them. They can only hold their breath for like an hour. After that, they die.

Many drugs such as Nix ect but this ones seems to do the job still with one application. If you have any kids that come home with lice, try this first and see what happens instead of buying those expensive products that you still have to pick them out.

Calypso Jones
11-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Good to know. I expect we're all gonna be seeing an increase in things like this.

GrassrootsConservative
11-06-2012, 11:11 PM
I saw on South Park that if you have AIDS and come into contact with a lot of money that you will be cured.

oceanloverOH
11-06-2012, 11:18 PM
http://www.wral.com/help-a-mom-new-drug-kills-lice-in-one-treatment-what-s-worked-for-you-/11737696/

A nurse told me to slather my daughter's head in mayonnaise before bed and then cover it with a shower cap secured with hair elastics. From the Dollar Store, this treatment was $2 and I had a pile of leftover shower caps for the next time. In the morning, we got in the shower and the dead bugs poured out of her hair. Sheets and towels washed it hot water and we were good to go. This works because the mayo suffocates them. They can only hold their breath for like an hour. After that, they die.

Many drugs such as Nix ect but this ones seems to do the job still with one application. If you have any kids that come home with lice, try this first and see what happens instead of buying those expensive products that you still have to pick them out.

Great advice, RM. Head lice can be a real problem when children (especially girls) share hairbrushes etc. at school.

Calypso Jones
11-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Teach them not to share brushes with third worlders and goth types.

oceanloverOH
11-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Teach them not to share brushes with third worlders and goth types.

Cripes, CJ....that's all that's going to be left in another couple of years...........