PDA

View Full Version : Warning: VIP Statement

Green Arrow
06-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Members,

It was decided among the VIPs that, in light of recent threads about the VIPs, we should clarify what it means to be a VIP and how VIPs are chosen. VIPs are nominated by other VIPs, moderators, and members. The nomination is discussed, and then voted on. If the nominee doesn't pass with 70% of the votes, the nomination is dropped and the poster is not told they were nominated. If they pass with 70% or more of the vote, they are notified and promoted to VIP. If members wish to nominate someone to serve as a VIP, they should pass that nomination on to a VIP via PM. Nominations on the open forum will not be moved forward.

VIPs exist to help write rules and policies, and put those rules into place. If existing rules or policies need to be rewritten or revoked, we rewrite or revoke them. When moderators are considering new enforcement methods, they ask the VIPs for feedback. We also exist to uphold a certain standard of behavior and conduct and are supposed to emulate that standard in our own posting.

If further questions about VIPs need answers, PM me and I will do my best to answer them. We want to be receptive to member questions and concerns, but can't do anything about those questions and concerns unless they are brought forward.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Green Arrow

jimmyz
06-07-2017, 12:27 AM
That clarifies much. Thanks Green Arrow. I always wondered about the process. Do you guys send opinion to Mods for suspensions and the like for disciplinary actions to the Mods for particular posts and/or members poor posting?

Green Arrow
06-07-2017, 12:34 AM
That clarifies much. Thanks Green Arrow. I always wondered about the process. Do you guys send opinion to Mods for suspensions and the like for disciplinary actions to the Mods for particular posts and/or members poor posting?

Generally speaking, no. We just report posts that we think violate the rules and standards of the forum and let the mods take it from there.

jimmyz
06-07-2017, 12:43 AM
Generally speaking, no. We just report posts that we think violate the rules and standards of the forum and let the mods take it from there.

Ah so. IMO members may be somewhat threatened by your group and its influence. Thankfully I dont see VIPs as a threat but an enhancement. Thanks for your work here in our community brother.

Green Arrow
06-07-2017, 12:45 AM
Ah so. IMO members may be somewhat threatened by your group and its influence. Thankfully I dont see VIPs as a threat but an enhancement. Thanks for your work here in our community brother.

You bet. Thank you for your support. :smiley:

Cletus
06-07-2017, 01:40 AM
"Promoted"? :grin:

So, what has been done by the "VIPs" in the last couple of years to actually improve the forum?

Cletus
06-07-2017, 01:42 AM

Why would anyone see them as a threat?

Most of the members here just ignore them. The only time they get noticed is when they remind everyone that they are "VIPs". If they didn't feel the need to say so, nobody would know... or care.

It is just another little clique. They form on all forums. These guys just gave themselves a title.

jimmyz
06-07-2017, 02:15 AM
Why would anyone see them as a threat?

Most of the members here just ignore them. The only time they get noticed is when they remind everyone that they are "VIPs". If they didn't feel the need to say so, nobody would know... or care.

It is just another little clique. They form on all forums. These guys just gave themselves a title.
It did not sit well with me when Ethereal posted that Standing Wolf denigrated members in the VIP forum.

Cletus
06-07-2017, 02:45 AM
I have known Standing Wolf for a long time. We agree on some issues and disagree on others, sometimes vigorously.

He is a straight up guy. He tries to be diplomatic, but he is going to tell you what he thinks.

Ethereal
06-07-2017, 02:50 AM
I have known Standing Wolf for a long time. We agree on some issues and disagree on others, sometimes vigorously.

He is a straight up guy. He tries to be diplomatic, but he is going to tell you what he thinks.

He's a major defender and enabler of liberal trolling. I'm sure in real life he's cool, but in the VIP room, he is a wildly inconsistent partisan, among other things.

Ethereal
06-07-2017, 03:11 AM
He's also gone into a quasi-exile from the political area of the forum, opting to concentrate on things like sports and movies instead. Apparently, the forum's conservatives have gotten so bad that he cannot even stand to debate politics with them on a regular basis. Naturally, the liberal insanity that emerged in the aftermath of Trump's election largely escaped his notice. I do find myself wondering why someone who has little to no interest in debating politics chooses to remain a "VIP" on a political forum, but I digress...

Bethere
06-07-2017, 06:05 AM
He's also gone into a quasi-exile from the political area of the forum, opting to concentrate on things like sports and movies instead. Apparently, the forum's conservatives have gotten so bad that he cannot even stand to debate politics with them on a regular basis. Naturally, the liberal insanity that emerged in the aftermath of Trump's election largely escaped his notice. I do find myself wondering why someone who has little to no interest in debating politics chooses to remain a "VIP" on a political forum, but I digress...

Wow.

Green Arrow
06-07-2017, 06:32 AM

So, what has been done by the "VIPs" in the last couple of years to actually improve the forum?

Off the top of my head: Wrote and enacted the Trolling Rule, created the tPF designation, created OtSS section and determined the moderation level of it, created several forum sections like the Geek Out Zone and The Outdoors, stuff like that.

Common
06-07-2017, 06:38 AM
It did not sit well with me when Ethereal posted that Standing Wolf denigrated members in the VIP forum.

Why didnt that sit well with you ? SquattingPoodle being one of the elite denigrated and singled out someone in front of the entire forum and quoted something they posted like it was UNIQUE to this forum.

There are vips that shouldnt be vips but who cares, to quote hillary its a nothing burger.

Common
06-07-2017, 06:39 AM
Off the top of my head: Wrote and enacted the Trolling Rule, created the tPF designation, created OtSS section and determined the moderation level of it, created several forum sections like the Geek Out Zone and The Outdoors, stuff like that.
After that I have to sincerely say that you are all truly my Heroes

Common
06-07-2017, 06:40 AM
LMAO threatened by the VIPS not thats fuckin hilarious

Common
06-07-2017, 06:41 AM

Nothing wrong with except when he doesnt like when someone else tells them what they think

Common
06-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Wow.
wow this

Common
06-07-2017, 06:43 AM
Thats ok everytime one of the left inject an insult or a vile comment in a post im going to forward it to him like ive done already, so he can get a FULL picture of why some people have become they way they are.

Common
06-07-2017, 07:23 AM
Each Poster has an activity bar, granted it goes up and down. Just look at some of the VIPS activilty bar regularly and you will see that they dont add much to the flow of this forum.

StandingWolf who likes to "SINGLE" someone out on open forum has an activity level that stays below 20% many times much less than that.

So hes a God sitting lofty high judging others, while he contributes hardly NOTHING

There are vips that contribute much, GreenArrow and Safety contribute much to the forum and theres others. Theres also a list of those that contribute hardly NOTHING are rarely here.

VIPS should have to participate and be more loyal to this forum and not OTHER FORUMS.
Not just sit back and bask in the light of their authority and be critical of others when they arent on the forum taking the hits and gettting insulted and TROLLED by other posters then give biased comments about posters.

To be clear many VIPS do participate theres a few that participate and add much to the forum to those I give credit but I do not blanket give anything to the VIP thing as a whole.

jimmyz
06-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Why didnt that sit well with you ? SquattingPoodle being one of the elite denigrated and singled out someone in front of the entire forum and quoted something they posted like it was UNIQUE to this forum.

There are vips that shouldnt be vips but who cares, to quote hillary its a nothing burger.

I didn't care for the outing of a VIP's VIP forum comments about regular members in the regular forum. That is why it left a bad taste in my mouth. The VIP forum comments should be personal and confidential IMO. What happens in the VIP forum stays in the VIP forum sort of thing.

Cletus
06-07-2017, 12:53 PM

I said IMPROVE the forum. The Trolling Rule and especially the tPF designation really suck and are among the worst things I have ever seen on a forum. Creating special interest subforums can be of benefit, so I will give you that.

Chris
06-07-2017, 01:44 PM

Don't change names.

Green Arrow
06-07-2017, 01:51 PM
I said IMPROVE the forum. The Trolling Rule and especially the tPF designation really suck and are among the worst things I have ever seen on a forum. Creating special interest subforums can be of benefit, so I will give you that.

You have a right to your opinion, right or wrong.

Common
06-07-2017, 01:56 PM
I didn't care for the outing of a VIP's VIP forum comments about regular members in the regular forum. That is why it left a bad taste in my mouth. The VIP forum comments should be personal and confidential IMO. What happens in the VIP forum stays in the VIP forum sort of thing.
It was standing wolf that made that thread personal no one else but him, He singled me out one thing I said out an entire forum of many people that make insulting comments from the left and right back and forth.

I didnt and do not want to be a vip, I had no prior knowledge that thread was even being started

Cletus
06-07-2017, 03:03 PM
You have a right to your opinion, right or wrong.

It is almost always right.

Green Arrow
06-07-2017, 04:00 PM
It is almost always right.

I'm sure.

Common
06-07-2017, 06:43 PM
I'm sure.

Personally I think its ironic that two people that think they are always right are dueling :) sounds like a no win situation

Cthulhu
06-07-2017, 07:32 PM

tPF threads.

Massive improvement.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Mister D
06-07-2017, 08:03 PM
tPF threads.

Massive improvement.

I must agree there but do we still have those? I thought that was discarded because a handful of babies insisted on abusing it.

Cletus
06-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Personally I think its ironic that two people that think they are always right are dueling :) sounds like a no win situation

No, it only means that he is wrong.

Cletus
06-07-2017, 08:08 PM
tPF threads.

Massive improvement.

tPF threads... for the weak who haven't got what it takes to control a thread on their own.

Stupid, bad idea.

Bethere
06-07-2017, 08:10 PM
I must agree there but do we still have those? I thought that was discarded because a handful of babies insisted on abusing it.

Do we still have the serious side?

Captain Obvious
06-07-2017, 08:12 PM

No surprise that you're unfamiliar with it.

Captain Obvious
06-07-2017, 08:13 PM
tPF threads... for the weak who haven't got what it takes to control a thread on their own.

Stupid, bad idea.

It's a good vehicle for members who want serious discussion and don't want monkey shit tossers clusterfucking it up.

But if tossing monkey shit is your thing, don't use it.

Simple as that.

Common
06-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Theres still TPF threads but they are rarely used. If you post one and theres not any mods around the trolling persists anyway. Many times by the time they do get tossed out, its already a mess.

Some tpf threads you would have to have most removed. It wasnt a solution to anything it was a bandaid before the mods were enforcing the rules.

Now that the rules are being enforced Tpf is hardly used.

Bethere
06-07-2017, 09:28 PM

Why doesn't anyone use it?

Peter1469
06-07-2017, 09:29 PM

We still have it.

Tahuyaman
06-07-2017, 09:34 PM

I started a thread today using the feature and it prevented the usual culprits from derailing and ruining the thread.

Captain Obvious
06-07-2017, 09:36 PM

a) Why are you asking me?

b) Your premise is false, there were tPF threads created recently, maybe today even.

Bethere
06-07-2017, 09:40 PM

a) Why are you asking me?

b) Your premise is false, there were tPF threads created recently, maybe today even.

We were talking about the serious side. I am asking you because you interjected yourself into my world with post #34.

Captain Obvious
06-07-2017, 09:48 PM
We were talking about the serious side. I am asking you because you interjected yourself into my world with post #34.

You're so helpless.

SS has new threads in it too.

Members should do a better job of policing it too. I don't report stuff often but I have reported stuff that wasn't fit for SS.

Green Arrow
06-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Theres still TPF threads but they are rarely used. If you post one and theres not any mods around the trolling persists anyway. Many times by the time they do get tossed out, its already a mess.

Some tpf threads you would have to have most removed. It wasnt a solution to anything it was a bandaid before the mods were enforcing the rules.

Now that the rules are being enforced Tpf is hardly used.

The rules weren't being enforced prior because there were no rules against trolling. The "worthless" VIPs fixed that for you.

Tahuyaman
06-07-2017, 10:38 PM

VIP status is of no concern to me. I can't imagine that anyone would be intimidated or feeling threatened by a VIP.

Cletus
06-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back, especially since you are doing it for nothing. You don't need a rule against "trolling". Common sense dictates that being deliberately disruptive is not acceptable behavior, even if there is no written rule against it.

I have made my opinion on tPF threads clear many times. If somebody needs a thread they can ban someone from just because they don't like what they say, and don't pretend there has be an actual rule violation, he really needs to grow a backbone before starting a thread for adults.

Captain Obvious
06-07-2017, 10:50 PM
VIP status is of no concern to me. I can't imagine that anyone would be intimidated or feeling threatened by a VIP.

Chloe will kick your fucking ass

Tahuyaman
06-07-2017, 10:55 PM
@Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565) will kick your $#@!ing assI haven't seen her in a while.

Tahuyaman
06-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back, especially since you are doing it for nothing. You don't need a rule against "trolling". Common sense dictates that being deliberately disruptive is not acceptable behavior, even if there is no written rule against it.

I have made my opinion on tPF threads clear many times. If somebody needs a thread they can ban someone from just because they don't like what they say, and don't pretend there has be an actual rule violation, he really needs to grow a backbone before starting a thread for adults.
I generally don't use the tpf function, but there are a few people who's only intent is to ruin every thread. It's an effective way to prevent that.

Captain Obvious
06-07-2017, 10:57 PM
I haven't seen her in a while.

She was here this week, today maybe.

Cover your threshold with sheeps blood.

Bethere
06-07-2017, 11:15 PM
You're so helpless.

SS has new threads in it too.

Members should do a better job of policing it too. I don't report stuff often but I have reported stuff that wasn't fit for SS.

No posts today on the current events room. 2 yesterday. A couple on the fifth, and then you have to back to June 1 for anything.

Yeah, it's slamming!

Why don't you post there?

Captain Obvious
06-07-2017, 11:17 PM
No posts today on the current events room. 2 yesterday. A couple on the fifth, and then you have to back to June 1 for anything.

Yeah, it's slamming!

I don't post much serious stuff at all at this point, why bother?

Too many idiots.

Cletus
06-08-2017, 01:20 AM

Yeah, it's slamming!

Maybe most people don't feel it is necessary to post in a protected, overly regulated environment.

Common
06-08-2017, 04:55 AM
Because the mods now enforce the rules

hanger4
06-08-2017, 05:16 AM
LMAO threatened by the VIPS not thats fuckin hilarious

Chloe
06-08-2017, 01:53 PM
I haven't seen her in a while.
I'm around in the VIP room more often than I am in the forum. Yes I'm currently that bad example of a VIP that people complain about who passes or fails rule changes but doesn't contribute that much in the debates. The VIPs and mods could fire me but like Comey I document EVERYTHING, sooooo

MisterVeritis
06-08-2017, 01:55 PM
I generally don't use the tpf function, but there are a few people who's only intent is to ruin every thread. It's an effective way to prevent that.
I generally use it. It works well when the rowdy toughs try to disrupt the conversation.

Chloe
06-08-2017, 01:56 PM

no, im not violent, iolence is not the answer...oppressive legislation that satisfies my desires is the answer

Tahuyaman
06-08-2017, 02:04 PM
no, im not violent, iolence is not the answer...oppressive legislation that satisfies my desires is the answer
Oppressive legislation leads to violence.

Common
06-08-2017, 02:15 PM
I'm around in the VIP room more often than I am in the forum. Yes I'm currently that bad example of a VIP that people complain about who passes or fails rule changes but doesn't contribute that much in the debates. The VIPs and mods could fire me but like Comey I document EVERYTHING, sooooo
Chloe You know Ive always been more than respectful to you and I admire you drive and intelligence I always have.

But your post is one thing thats wrong with the VIP system here.

Chris
06-08-2017, 02:34 PM

https://s8.postimg.org/y70bnnc4l/giphy.gif

Chloe
06-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Chloe You know Ive always been more than respectful to you and I admire you drive and intelligence I always have.

But your post is one thing thats wrong with the VIP system here.
I was mostly being flippant with my comments above. My inactivity isn't because of a lack of caring or anything like that it's just more so about having the time to keep my activity level up when it competes with school, with my social life, and things like that. When I log in and I have like five mentions of my name and they all bring me into the VIP room to give an opinion on something or to vote on something then naturally that's where I'm going to spend that time, whether it's a few minutes or longer, instead of debating a topic in the forum. I may have 20 minutes to play around and so if most of that time is spent in the VIP room then i'm not going to go start a debate in a topic or contribute a ton in a particular thread if I know it may be days until i'm able to really invest in it. That's not your problem, or the forums problem, thats my problem, and I get that, and so I know that i'm always on thin ice. The best I can say is that I want to be more active and I try to be but it's not always going to be super consistent anytime soon. I admittedly dont want to be "fired" as a VIP so to speak since I do like having the ability to affect change here, but if i'm overruled one day and I lose that status then I'd have to accept that.

Hal Jordan
06-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Seriously, I can't have those pictures getting out.

Common
06-08-2017, 05:25 PM
I was mostly being flippant with my comments above. My inactivity isn't because of a lack of caring or anything like that it's just more so about having the time to keep my activity level up when it competes with school, with my social life, and things like that. When I log in and I have like five mentions of my name and they all bring me into the VIP room to give an opinion on something or to vote on something then naturally that's where I'm going to spend that time, whether it's a few minutes or longer, instead of debating a topic in the forum. I may have 20 minutes to play around and so if most of that time is spent in the VIP room then i'm not going to go start a debate in a topic or contribute a ton in a particular thread if I know it may be days until i'm able to really invest in it. That's not your problem, or the forums problem, thats my problem, and I get that, and so I know that i'm always on thin ice. The best I can say is that I want to be more active and I try to be but it's not always going to be super consistent anytime soon. I admittedly dont want to be "fired" as a VIP so to speak since I do like having the ability to affect change here, but if i'm overruled one day and I lose that status then I'd have to accept that.

Chloe your real life is all thats important, this should only be a few minute fill in now and then for you.

Forum life is for Old People and the very sad and lonely :) Nothing ive said has ever been directed at you young lady

Green Arrow
06-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Chloe your real life is all thats important, this should only be a few minute fill in now and then for you.

Forum life is for Old People and the very sad and lonely :) Nothing ive said has ever been directed at you young lady

You left out a third category...pathetic 25 year old political junkies :tongue:

Hal Jordan
06-08-2017, 07:20 PM
You left out a third category...pathetic 25 year old political junkies :tongue:
I was covered in his original statement.

Coming to you from the depths of inner space

Private Pickle
06-08-2017, 09:36 PM
The new pic is...uhhh....good...

Chloe
06-08-2017, 09:43 PM
The new pic is...uhhh....good...

uhhh....thanks...

Private Pickle
06-08-2017, 09:46 PM
uhhh....thanks...
Heheheh

Ethereal
06-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Heheheh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msjK87jjLXg

Private Pickle
06-08-2017, 10:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msjK87jjLXg
Like nail on the head.

William
06-09-2017, 01:10 AM

OK then, just put me in the very sad and lonely box. :wink:

Common
06-09-2017, 04:13 AM
OK then, just put me in the very sad and lonely box. :wink:
I wouldnt do that to you William, but if I were your dad, I would kick you in the rump and make you get off this forum and get with kids your own age. I think this is not a good thing for any young fella or girl no matter how bright they are in the long term

Cthulhu
06-09-2017, 06:51 PM

I think it only matters if he's the firstborn right?