PDA

View Full Version : St Louis to Face Texas in the World Series

Conley
10-17-2011, 08:58 AM
The Texas Rangers are Dubya's team. He has been at a lot of games. St. Louis are no slouches either, should be a good series. Not sure who I will cheer for in this one, no Pete Rose on either team. Part of me is just glad baseball is almost over so I can get my remote back from the OL and watch football. ;D

Captain Obvious
10-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Here's how much I follow MLB. I'm watching hilights on ESPN this morning and I see the Cards are in the world series. So I'm wondering - are they Cincinnati?

Conley
10-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Pete Rose played for Cincinnati.

O0

Captain Obvious
10-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah, the Reds - I figured it out after thinking about it for a few minutes.

I have absolutely zero interest in MLB.

MMC
10-18-2011, 07:07 AM
They play way to many games. Not to mention many of them are paid way to much for playing this sport. 116 million for playing. What a joke. This year I am liking the fact that BB is cancelled and that finally baseball will be over. Just Football and hockey.

I thought Bush sold the his interests in the Rangers.

The Cardinals Again. 18th Time. Their Starting to Sound like the Yankees. Only difference is the Cardinals at least earned theirs. The Yankees we all know buys their way in. Yet the League never slaps them with a Salary Cap.

Wonder if the World of the Media and big money will have them play it out to seven due to all the lost revenue with BBall?

Conley
10-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Yeah the Cards are easier to cheer for than the Yankees. I don't really care though.

I think Bush did sell his part but he is friends with Nolan Ryan and still around the organization a lot, so he's been in the stands for most of the home games.

MMC
10-23-2011, 07:28 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-henson_pujols_records_world_series_game_three_1022 11

ARLINGTON, Texas – Albert Pujols(notes) let his bat do his talking Saturday night. Loud. Clear. Historic. And devastating to the Texas Rangers.

Pujols, widely acknowledged as baseball’s best hitter, slugged three home runs in the St. Louis Cardinals’ 16-7 pummeling of the Rangers in Game 3 of the World Series. It might have been the best offensive performance in the history of the Fall Classic.

The three homers tied a series record achieved twice by Babe Ruth and once by Reggie Jackson. His five hits equaled the mark held by Paul Molitor of the Milwaukee Brewers. His six runs batted in tied the record set by the Yankees’ Bobby Richardson in 1960 and tied by Yankee Hideki Matsui(notes) in 2009.

Others were in awe.....snip~

http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/applause.gif

Congrats to Albert Pujols the Best Damn Hitter in All of Baseball. Hear that you NY Putz-bag Yankees. Not even on your best day and with your best hitters. Could you even come close. Oh, and he has no desire to play for those Cheaters.

Conley
10-23-2011, 09:11 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-henson_pujols_records_world_series_game_three_1022 11

ARLINGTON, Texas – Albert Pujols(notes) let his bat do his talking Saturday night. Loud. Clear. Historic. And devastating to the Texas Rangers.

Pujols, widely acknowledged as baseball’s best hitter, slugged three home runs in the St. Louis Cardinals’ 16-7 pummeling of the Rangers in Game 3 of the World Series. It might have been the best offensive performance in the history of the Fall Classic.

The three homers tied a series record achieved twice by Babe Ruth and once by Reggie Jackson. His five hits equaled the mark held by Paul Molitor of the Milwaukee Brewers. His six runs batted in tied the record set by the Yankees’ Bobby Richardson in 1960 and tied by Yankee Hideki Matsui(notes) in 2009.

Congrats to Albert Pujols the Best Damn Hitter in All of Baseball. Hear that you NY Putz-bag Yankees. Not even on your best day and with your best hitters. Could you even come close. Oh, and he has no desire to play for those Cheaters.

That performance was amazing.

Everything I've seen says he will be will be playing for the NY Yankees next year. They are the only team that can afford him. St. Louis tried to resign him before the season for nine years and 160M or something like that. It wasn't enough and now he'll become a free agent after the WS.

No coincidence the other two guys who hit three homers in one world series game were Yankees too.

MMC
10-23-2011, 04:36 PM

That performance was amazing.

Everything I've seen says he will be will be playing for the NY Yankees next year. They are the only team that can afford him. St. Louis tried to resign him before the season for nine years and 160M or something like that. It wasn't enough and now he'll become a free agent after the WS.

No coincidence the other two guys who hit three homers in one world series game were Yankees too.

160 million is not enuff for playing baseball??? That almost a million a game. Wtf.....how can one not have enough say with 3 million? Nobody is worth a million dollars a game. Nobody!

Yep the Yankees just try to buy the World Series every year. They should salary cap their ass to what other teams are like.

Conley
10-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that's why I cheer against the Yankees every year. The 160 Million was over nine years, not one so it's a little better but he's actually going to end up getting more than that.