PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man:Homecoming

Hal Jordan
07-16-2017, 10:43 PM
I'm going to keep this short and spoiler-free. I really enjoyed this movie, and Tom Holland is the main reason. In my opinion, he captured the essence of the character. You see the nerdy awkwardness of Peter Parker and the escape into being Spider-Man. You have the humor that Tobey failed to capture, as well as the nerdiness that Garfield failed to capture. Regarding previous portrayals, I would love for the new series to end up bringing back J. K. Simmons as JJJ. That portrayal of that character was perfect. Another thought, I was worried going in that Tony Stark would be too prominent in the movie. Yes, RDJ plays a great Stark, but he shouldn't be a focus in this movie. Thankfully, he wasn't too prominent, and his scenes made perfect sense in the larger context of the movie.

Standing Wolf
07-17-2017, 01:00 AM
Saw the movie this morning and enjoyed it very much. Michael Keaton as the main bad guy - he's only called the Vulture once, in something Spidey writes - alone is worth the price of admission! Spotted one of my favorite actors, Kenneth Choi, in a cameo, and it took me awhile (and an assist from IMDB) to figure out where I'd seen that character before. More of a Deadpool vibe than most of Marvel's more "serious" movies, I thought. As long as they eventually edge away from the clumsiness, let Spiderman develop as a crimefighter and not stay a bumbling kid forever, he could be a good addition to the franchise.

Hal Jordan
07-17-2017, 01:26 AM
Saw the movie this morning and enjoyed it very much. Michael Keaton as the main bad guy - he's only called the Vulture once, in something Spidey writes - alone is worth the price of admission! Spotted one of my favorite actors, Kenneth Choi, in a cameo, and it took me awhile (and an assist from IMDB) to figure out where I'd seen that character before. More of a Deadpool vibe than most of Marvel's more "serious" movies, I thought. As long as they eventually edge away from the clumsiness, let Spiderman develop as a crimefighter and not stay a bumbling kid forever, he could be a good addition to the franchise.

I thought the clumsiness played into the idea of a learning curve. I think he will develop in future movies. The comedy of Deadpool owes a lot to Spider-Man, and they have been compared a number of times, including once Deadpool travelling through time and living through a classic Spider-Man story.

https://i.imgur.com/Ep3TOIB.pnghttp://comicsalliance.com/files/2016/02/deadpool-spidey-cover.jpg