PDA

View Full Version : How To Know You’re In a Mass Hysteria Bubble

Chris
08-19-2017, 03:03 PM
This is from Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert.

How To Know You’re In a Mass Hysteria Bubble (http://blog.dilbert.com/post/164297628606/how-to-know-youre-in-a-mass-hysteria-bubble)

History is full of examples of Mass Hysterias. They happen fairly often. The cool thing about mass hysterias is that you don’t know when you are in one. But sometimes the people who are not experiencing the mass hysteria can recognize when others are experiencing one, if they know what to look for.

I’ll teach you what to look for.

A mass hysteria happens when the public gets a wrong idea about something that has strong emotional content and it triggers cognitive dissonance that is often supported by confirmation bias....

The most visible Mass Hysteria of the moment involves the idea that the United States intentionally elected a racist President. If that statement just triggered you, it might mean you are in the Mass Hysteria bubble....

If you’re in the mass hysteria, recognizing you have all the symptoms of hysteria won’t help you be aware you are in it. That’s not how hallucinations work. Instead, your hallucination will automatically rewrite itself to expel any new data that conflicts with its illusions.

But if you are not experiencing mass hysteria, you might be totally confused by the actions of the people who are. They appear to be irrational, but in ways that are hard to define. You can’t tell if they are stupid, unscrupulous, ignorant, mentally ill, emotionally unstable or what. It just looks frickin’ crazy.

The reason you can’t easily identify what-the-hell is going on in the country right now is that a powerful mass hysteria is in play.....

He goes on to expand on those basic ideas.

The Xl
08-19-2017, 03:14 PM
It's pretty simple. Have at least an average IQ and be red pilled from media propaganda.

Ravens Fan
08-19-2017, 03:16 PM
Good article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Standing Wolf
08-19-2017, 03:58 PM
For what it's worth, despite his having a decidedly iffy record on the subject...

http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/

...I don't believe that racism is one of Trump's major problems. I won't go off-topic by describing what his major problems are, but anyone who has listened to and watched the man for more than a few months already has a pretty good idea of what they are, or certainly should.

waltky
08-19-2017, 04:23 PM
Make ya wanna holler, throw up your hands...

... mmm-mmm...

Make ya wanna holler, throw up your hands.