PDA

View Full Version : Muammar Qaddafi Dies of Wounds Suffered During Capture

Conley
10-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Libya's Transitional National Council Claims Muammar Qaddafi Killed During His Capture; U.S. Officials Trying to Confirm

DEVELOPING: Libyan strongman Muammar Qaddafi is dead, according to a spokesman for the Transitional National Council.

Qaddafi died of wounds suffered during his capture near his hometown of Sirte on Thursday, Reuters and Sky News reported. U.S. officials say they are working to confirm the TNC's claim.

"Qaddafi is dead. He is absolutely dead ... he was shot in both legs and in the head. The body will be arriving in Misrata soon," media spokesman Abdullah Berrassali told Sky News.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/20/muammar-qaddafi-captured-in-libya-commander-says/#ixzz1bKMcR1bR

Big news! We'll see if it's true this time but I believe it is...being widely reported everywhere.

MMC
10-20-2011, 08:33 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-monitoring-reports-gadhafi-capture-121511415.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — White House officials are monitoring reports that Moammar Gadhafi has been captured in Libya, but are unable to confirm the status of the former Libyan leader.

The chief spokesman for the revolutionary National Transitional Council Jalal el-Gallal and the council military spokesman Abdul-Rahman Busin tell the Associated Press that reports that Gadhafi has been captured in his hometown of Sirte are unconfirmed.

Reports of Gadhafi's capture follow Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's visit to Libya Tuesday. She said in Tripoli that she hoped Gadhafi would be captured or killed.....snip~

Been on it since this morning my brutha.....http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/glasses6.gif ;)

Conley
10-20-2011, 08:35 AM
So why didn't you post it up Brutha? ;D >:D

Just messin with ya...I got it up for ya. I know you been on this Libya thing for months. Longer than Hillary O0

MMC
10-20-2011, 08:51 AM
So why didn't you post it up Brutha? ;D >:D

Just messin with ya...I got it up for ya. I know you been on this Libya thing for months. Longer than Hillary O0

It will be the Feather in the French's Cap if it is True.....and the Sunni will gain control thru a proxy government if the Berbers don't continue to rebel.

Conley
10-20-2011, 08:54 AM
I'll be glad when it's all over and we can quit with the military chit.

I never liked Qaddafi but I can't help feeling he got screwed in this whole deal. He was a bad dude but was controlled I think. Now we will have to see if whoever takes his place is better or worse.

Mister D
10-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Good news. Let's pack up and go.

MMC
10-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Good news. Let's pack up and go.

Yeah right.....we just sent SF to 3 Central African Republics. You know how it is now. We put people on the ground in the African Continent. Now we wont be leaving. >:(

MMC
10-20-2011, 12:05 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/libyan-dictator-moammar-gadhafi-dead-libyas-prime-minister-122438217.html

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/F4QY4vceHNoV1vE0Jkcprw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9Mzc5O2NyPTE7Y3c9NjMwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0zNzk7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/152/2011/10/20/gadhafi-green_151953.jpg

Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi, the most wanted man in the world, has been killed, Libyan Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril said today.

"We have been waiting for this moment for a long time. Moammar Gadhafi has been killed," Jibril said at a news conference in Tripoli.

The White House and NATO said they were unable to confirm reports of his death.

Al Jazeera aired video of what appeared to be the dead leader, which showed Gadhafi lying in a pool of blood in the street, shirtless, and surrounded by people.

Libya's Information Minister Mahmoud Shammam told the Associated Press that Gadhafi was in a convoy when he was attacked by rebels.

NATO said that its jet fighters struck a convoy of Gadhafi's loyalists fleeing Sirte this morning, but could not confirm that Gadhafi was in the convoy, the Associated Press reported.....

Seems the Rebels are certain and Al-Jazerra showed footage of what appeared to be his body.....

Conley
10-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Yep I read that BBC had a photo of the corpse on their front page.

Not sure if it still there or if they took it down because of complaints.

MMC
10-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Yep I read that BBC had a photo of the corpse on their front page.

Not sure if it still there or if they took it down because of complaints.

Those medals don't looks like Military medals either.....looks like he stole his moms old broaches and jewelry.

Its over for sure now.....no way will his sons continue the War. On some good news. The French will not be able to hold off the IMF bailout coming their way. Their credit rating will be dropped. Despite all of this play to try and avoid their economic calamity. Moreover the French lied about the forecast of what it would take to get the European banks from under. Sarkosy said 80 billion. Try more like 500Billion.

Now we shall see what we will do. Bet Obama gets the Rebels to ASK us for our Assitance. This way he can justify what we got over there. Not to mention spend some more.

Conley
10-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah, there are pictures of him everywhere now. Even our local paper has a photo on his corpse on the front page. I am surprised, didn't think they would show that kind of thing.

Elibe
10-20-2011, 12:43 PM
rest in peace

Mister D
10-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Something tells me he wasn't read his Miranda Rights befor the offed him. :-\

Conley
10-20-2011, 12:57 PM
rest in peace

Am I wrong or was this guy a brutal dictator? I mean not on Saddam's level but still...

Mister D
10-20-2011, 01:08 PM
rest in peace

Am I wrong or was this guy a brutal dictator? I mean not on Saddam's level but still...

He was a bona fide scumbag. Good riddance. As for his ultimate judgement, it's not my business.

Conley
10-20-2011, 01:31 PM
I agree with all that.

MMC
10-21-2011, 12:35 AM
Yeah he was a scumbag.....but the genocide thing to remove him from power was all BS. I never cared for the guy. But the play by the French and the Brits to try and stop whats coming their way with the IMF. Is what pisses me off. Out right Lieing to us by the French.

Moreover now you got the French trying to push the issue with Israel and the Paletinians. Of Course with the backing of the Brits. Right away today they are showing what Libya was like under King Idris. Now who do you think is respoinsible for that.

So all this time the US is trying to bring the Senussi back into power.

Conley
10-21-2011, 12:39 AM
I am seeing the video of his final seconds being posted all over the net now. Not going to watch it bu I would guess by morning it will be everywhere. Heard on the radio that someone (UN) is demanding the Rebels explain what happened. What a joke...they don't answer to anyone and besides who can control a mob? This is war, nothing pretty about it.

MMC
10-21-2011, 12:53 AM
I am seeing the video of his final seconds being posted all over the net now. Not going to watch it bu I would guess by morning it will be everywhere. Heard on the radio that someone (UN) is demanding the Rebels explain what happened. What a joke...they don't answer to anyone and besides who can control a mob? This is war, nothing pretty about it.

Once again, as with Iraq they talked about Gadhafi's Army being such tuff fighters. Granted they took some time to defeat but it seems to me Gadhafi did not even try to take this to the extreme. Nor did he even attempt to go after the Leaders of the Rebels.

All I can say is everyone should be happy that Gadhafi didnt have any real Commaders to take the battle to the enemy. IMO it looked as if he was just trying to fight against a coup. But there was a lot more here with the US and UN and their NO Fly Zone. Shit that he should have took advantage of. Had the means to. but never went after such military terms. :-\

Now that it is over with maybe we can draw attention to all that BS the French pulled. If I had a Twitter account I would call for a French Day. Thats where Americans get to walk up and kick the French right in their ass. Time to turn the tables on the French freeloading putzbags they are. >:(

wingrider
10-21-2011, 02:38 AM
from what I have seen ... the rebles drug him out of the drain he was hiding in , beat the hell out of him , then someone pulled a gun and shot him in the head,

poetic justice it is the same thing he did to any who opposed his rule.

MMC
10-21-2011, 06:30 AM
from what I have seen ... the rebles drug him out of the drain he was hiding in , beat the hell out of him , then someone pulled a gun and shot him in the head,

poetic justice it is the same thing he did to any who opposed his rule.

Mornin brutha.....you can bet on one thing. The Sunni and the French wasn't going to let him live.