PDA

View Full Version : Size does matter...

Adelaide
11-17-2012, 02:37 AM
... When it comes to how successful sperm will be! :)

THURSDAY, Nov. 15 (HealthDay News) -- Men with wide variation in the length of their sperm, particularly in the tail, have lower concentrations of sperm that are good swimmers, a new study indicates.

The finding could provide doctors with a new marker for fertility problems in men, the researchers suggest.

In the study, the investigators analyzed sperm from 103 men and found that those with sperm with longer overall length, longer tail length and higher tail-to-head length ratios had higher concentrations of sperm that are good swimmers. They also found that the greater the variation in sperm length, particularly tail length, the lower a man's concentration of sperm that could swim well.

Sperm Length Linked to Men's Fertility - Medline Plus (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_131379.html)

Carygrant
11-17-2012, 03:23 AM
It's probably obvious , but ------does being a good swimmer mean that fertility success is therefore improved ?
If increased swimming ability is desired and desirable , are there known ways of improving performance -- no jokes thanks ? --- i .e . in producing these big boy sperm bombers . More spinach etc ?

Peter1469
11-17-2012, 07:48 AM
It's probably obvious , but ------does being a good swimmer mean that fertility success is therefore improved ?
If increased swimming ability is desired and desirable , are there known ways of improving performance -- no jokes thanks ? --- i .e . in producing these big boy sperm bombers . More spinach etc ?

More testosterone and less environmental chemicals in the body. Soy (unfermented) for instance has estrogen like properties that play havoc with those sperms. Plastics used in cook ware and drinking containers do the same thing.

oceanloverOH
11-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Well, OF COURSE size matters!!!!:sign_amen:

But it does make me wonder....if the longer overall length, longer tail length and higher tail-to-head length ratios of the little swimmers correlate to....uh....any other factors?:sign19: Now THAT would be an interesting study....

Adelaide
11-19-2012, 12:30 AM

Avoid chemicals, radiation, heavy metal exposure, cigarettes, alcohol, street drugs and heavy metal exposure. Improve your diet, exercise more, try natural supplements, (zinc, vitamin C, B12, etc.). Then there are a bunch of herbs and spices meant to increase "success" rates of sexual contact (desire/blood flow), like ginkgo, nutmeg, and so forth.

Probably something you should talk to your doctor about, especially if you decide to take supplements or try natural herbs/spices.