PDA

View Full Version : The Dead Pool Last of the Dirty Harry Movies

Conley
10-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Watched it again last night. Crap, that movie has not held up well. I don't think it was ever that good but it's a shame that's how Inspector Callahan went out. It aint right I tell ya.

Best part is Jim Carrey at the beginning doing an Axl Rose impersonation. That was before anyone knew who Carrey was and he's credited as James Carrey. :D

Mister D
10-21-2011, 06:31 PM
The later films range from OK to not worth seeing. Dirty Harry and Magnum Force are great though.

MMC
10-22-2011, 12:25 AM
I didn't care for the Dead Pool. Eastwood is what makes the film tho.

Conley
10-22-2011, 09:07 AM
So it looks like they offered Eastwood all kinds of money to do a sixth movie and he refused. He said he looked too old and he didn't want to cheap the character or make a half effort. Gotta respect a man like that. Still wish they had given him a good story to go out on. You know what is really scary? They are probably going to remake these movies at some point with some new young star just like they do with everything else in Hollywood. That'll stink >:( There can only be one!

Mister D
10-22-2011, 09:27 AM
So it looks like they offered Eastwood all kinds of money to do a sixth movie and he refused. He said he looked too old and he didn't want to cheap the character or make a half effort. Gotta respect a man like that. Still wish they had given him a good story to go out on. You know what is really scary? They are probably going to remake these movies at some point with some new young star just like they do with everything else in Hollywood. That'll stink >:( There can only be one!

True. There is only one Clint and only Clint can play Dirty Harry or the Man With No Name. >:(

Conley
10-22-2011, 09:35 AM

True. There is only one Clint and only Clint can play Dirty Harry or the Man With No Name. >:(

You just know it's going to be some terrible choice too. Like Justin Timberlake or whatever young star is "hot" at the current time.

Mister D
10-22-2011, 09:39 AM

You just know it's going to be some terrible choice too. Like Justin Timberlake or whatever young star is "hot" at the current time.

That would be truly awful.

That new Conan came and went without much notice.

Conley
10-22-2011, 09:58 AM

Yeah there was a lot of fanfare that seems to have quieted quickly. I think being on TBS is probably the kiss of death. :D

MMC
10-22-2011, 12:08 PM

Yeah I figured it would.....but truthfully The Movies never came close to the books. Althought the first one was close. Nor did the Series.

Mister D
10-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Yeah I figured it would.....but truthfully The Movies never came close to the books. Althought the first one was close. Nor did the Series.

There was a Conan series? Oh, you mean the cartoon? I bought the original Conan on DVD. It's a classic. I've read a few of the Conan comics or graphic novels...whatever.

MMC
10-22-2011, 12:15 PM

There was a Conan series? Oh, you mean the cartoon? I bought the original Conan on DVD. It's a classic. I've read a few of the Conan comics or graphic novels...whatever.

No there was a series non cartoon.....it starred the Big Guy in Gladiator that was one of the gladiators with the Spaniard(crowe) Know which guy I am talking about. he was the one who joked with the spaniard about Commodus poisoning him. He dips he spoon into crowes bowl and then fakes like he has.

Conley
10-22-2011, 12:20 PM
:D :D :D I thought D was talking about Conan O'Brien. So confused!

Mister D
10-22-2011, 01:09 PM

No there was a series non cartoon.....it starred the Big Guy in Gladiator that was one of the gladiators with the Spaniard(crowe) Know which guy I am talking about. he was the one who joked with the spaniard about Commodus poisoning him. He dips he spoon into crowes bowl and then fakes like he has.

Really? I don't remember that at all. Must have been on Sabbatical.