PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio ranks first in U.S. for ‘serious crimes,’

Chris
10-16-2017, 09:29 AM
I don't experience much crime. THe spare tire on my truck was stolen a long time ago--it's now locked to the truck. Sodmeone screwdrived the truck doorlock but got nothing because I keep nothing tempting in there. And I have security cameras.

San Antonio ranks first in U.S. for ‘serious crimes,’ but experts say it’s not that simple (http://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/San-Antonio-ranks-first-in-U-S-for-serious-12278715.php)

Last month, the FBI released its Uniform Crime Reporting data, which tracks “part I offenses” — the eight violent and property crimes considered the most serious: murder, aggravated assault, motor vehicle theft, rape, robbery, burglary, larceny-theft and arson.

San Antonio’s per capita part I crime rate was the highest among 15 of the country’s largest cities, a San Antonio Express-News analysis of the data showed.

Last year, there were about 5,900 part I crimes in San Antonio per 100,000 people — a higher rate than Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and more than double that of New York. Nationwide, the number was about 2,900 part I crimes per 100,000 people.

In San Antonio, part I crimes increased 8 percent overall between 2015 and 2016, fueled mostly by a sharp rise in murders, (59 percent), aggravated assaults (31 percent), and motor vehicle thefts (17 percent). Every type of serious crime increased but one, arson.

By analyzing the data another way, crime in San Antonio doesn’t stand out as much. For example, comparing the nation’s largest 50, 100, or 200 cities, San Antonio ranks in the top third — but not first — for the per capita number of part I offenses.

Also, when looking solely at the violent crime rate — which includes murder, aggravated assault, robbery and rape — San Antonio ranks in the middle of the nation’s largest cities.

Common
10-16-2017, 12:53 PM
Heh ive been under the impression all this time that San Antonio was a really nice place.
Shows how wrong you can be

Mini Me
10-16-2017, 01:58 PM
When I lived in S.A. back in the 50's gangland killings were so common, that they never even made the back pages of the newspaper!

The city was so rough, the main mode of transportation was by ambulance!:laugh:

Chris
10-16-2017, 02:01 PM
When I lived in S.A. back in the 50's gangland killings were so common, that they never even made the back pages of the newspaper!

The city was so rough, the main mode of transportation was by ambulance!:laugh:

Still plenty of killings. All with orange-suited mugshots. Last one some guy slapped his girlfriend and she shot him dead.

Common
10-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Do they still make SAS shoes there

Chris
10-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Do they still make SAS shoes there

San Antonio Shoemakers, well I'll be. I've heard of them, they have an outlet store in San Marcos, but never even imagined they were SA-based. Their web-site is up. Expensive shoes.

Captain Obvious
10-16-2017, 02:46 PM
SA's another crime and corrupted bastion of progressive idiocy, why is anyone surprised?

Chris
10-16-2017, 02:55 PM
SA's another crime and corrupted bastion of progressive idiocy, why is anyone surprised?

That's true, the Austin-San Antonio corridor is very liberal.

Captain Obvious
10-16-2017, 02:58 PM
That's true, the Austin-San Antonio corridor is very liberal.

They are more worried about "keeping Austin wierd" and attracting tourists and dollars (and crime) than building economic infrastructure.

Chris
10-16-2017, 03:04 PM
They are more worried about "keeping Austin wierd" and attracting tourists and dollars (and crime) than building economic infrastructure.

I wonder about SA. The city invested in getting Toyota to build a plant here to everyone's benefit. But just told Amazon and 5000 high-paying jobs to take a hike.

Doublejack
10-16-2017, 04:16 PM
Random : I heard on the radio this morning that Dallas TX has the most and biggest boob jobs in the US.

Chris
10-16-2017, 05:38 PM
Random : I heard on the radio this morning that Dallas TX has the most and biggest boob jobs in the US.

Well, Texans are known for big hair and big hats so why not big boob jobs. Here's a couple of 'em...

https://i.snag.gy/CHL5jw.jpg

Common
10-17-2017, 05:10 PM
San Antonio Shoemakers, well I'll be. I've heard of them, they have an outlet store in San Marcos, but never even imagined they were SA-based. Their web-site is up. Expensive shoes.

Very expensive shoes, they have stores here, they are recommended by Podiatrists

The outlet sells at half price or less