PDA

View Full Version : Police advocacy group speaks out against law enforcement protests

Chris
10-20-2017, 07:07 AM
Heard about POLICE ADVOCACY GROUP SPEAKS OUT AGAINST LAW ENFORCEMENT PROTESTS (http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/san-antonio/news/2017/10/20/advocacy-groups-speak-out-against-police-protests) on local news this morning.

It's a double protest.

The police are protesting protesting false or incomplete information. A protester says they have a right and facts are unimportant.

...Austin-based Texas Municipal Police Association says some stories about police injustice are false and may cause more harm and distrust between law enforcement and communities.

“You have to make sure you have the facts, that’s why we ask for patience. And once the facts are in. If the officer did wrong, we'll prosecute them,” said deputy executive director of operations Mitch Slaymaker with Texas Municipal Police Association.

Slaymaker worries about what he sees as a growing anti-police narrative on TV and social media.

...“As far as trying to entice violence with police, that is not the goal,” said San Antonio resident Lyndsy Gholson.

Gholson with SATX4 — a grassroots movement that strives to expose racial and social injustices — believes protests bring awareness.

“The first amendment right is we have the right to protest when we want to, whenever we want to, where we want to. So, I feel like we are able to practice that right anytime that we want. Even if we form our own narrative in our minds,” said Gholson.

For Gholson, it's about calling for the truth.

“Even if their facts are not all the way out at that time, we want answers,” said Gholson.

Crepitus
10-20-2017, 07:52 AM
The problem is there have been many cases where the officer did wrong and wasn't prosecuted.

It's gonna take years of toeing the line of extremely strict enforcement to.change the public perception. They've brought it on themselves, and they are the only ones who can fix it.

Chris
10-20-2017, 07:59 AM
The problem is there have been many cases where the officer did wrong and wasn't prosecuted.

It's gonna take years of toeing the line of extremely strict enforcement to.change the public perception. They've brought it on themselves, and they are the only ones who can fix it.

That happens. But without facts, prejudices creep in.

nathanbforrest45
10-20-2017, 08:21 AM
I don't know if it really happened but just in case I am going to loot this store and get me some new Nikes cuz yall know its been going on for years (without proof we absolutely positively know this)

Only from the depths of a liberal non thinking can this be true.

Common
10-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Most Americans support the police, there will always be police mistakes and always be those that lie about the police. Its never changed and never will

The problem with the liberal news media, is that they take "accused" police and make them sound convicted and most are not and get exonerated.