PDA

View Full Version : GuildWars2

Common
10-22-2017, 12:28 PM
Great game and the graphics are better than WOW, its second to wow or equal.

I havent played gw2 in a long time, I was one of what they call founding members pre ordering the game.

I dld the 64bit client the other day and my mouse flickers and disappears, I exhausted the limit of my knowledge to trouble shoot this and put in a ticket. Then I went to the forums and read many screaming that support tickets were responded to yet and its over two weeks. If thats true I will uninstall and install another game I bought and havent played for a long time Secret World or Tera

Doublejack
10-22-2017, 02:26 PM
I had issues with GW2

Decided to try out the private vanilla servers.

Having a blast in old vanilla wow ;) Graphics are just simply secondary to good, fun gameplay.

Common
10-22-2017, 02:38 PM
I had issues with GW2

Decided to try out the private vanilla servers.

Having a blast in old vanilla wow ;) Graphics are just simply secondary to good, fun gameplay.
Nothing can beat the initial excitement of playing vanilla wow, it was an entirely new experience and Far more difficult than the wow of today.

I started playing vanilla wow when Quake bit the dust in 2005

Doublejack
10-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Nothing can beat the initial excitement of playing vanilla wow, it was an entirely new experience and Far more difficult than the wow of today.

I started playing vanilla wow when Quake bit the dust in 2005

Nice.. I started somewhere around middle/late vanilla.

I was an Everquest die-hard .

You outta try it out. THey're free servers.

Common
10-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Nice.. I started somewhere around middle/late vanilla.

I was an Everquest die-hard .

You outta try it out. THey're free servers.
I just may do that, I guess a google will find them

Doublejack
10-22-2017, 10:56 PM
I just may do that, I guess a google will find them
Their's two major ones. Kronos and Elysium.

Elysium has a huge population .. generally around 7-8k players on at any given time, this is nice for group questing and dungeons but a real pain to raise professions as nodes are bleak. Server is based in France.

* wait a week or so for Elysium to get their website back up and running... They had an internal breach with a few disgruntled team members and are basically rebuilding.

Kronos is based in Switzerland I believe so it's a bit safer from Blizz shut down. Vastly better coding and less buggy, much more stable and has a better ping for US players. For some dumb reason less people play on this server. They mask their player base but it's estimated around 3-5k total players.

PvP sucks on Kronos due to the lower population. Nobody plays lower level brackets at all really so it's just lvl 60 for instanced pvp.

Basically I'd go Kronos if youre more focused on PvE / Professions, slower paced, more friendly atmosphere.

Elysium for more PvP and a huge population and wide variety of guild options pvp/pve raiding.

Edit: Bonus for Kronos limiting the talent refresh cost to 5g. Makes it a lot easier to swap talents for leveling/dungeons if you play healer or tank.
I've only been on Elysium for a few weeks now. Kronos for several months. I'm still trying to decide. I like my PvP.

Common
10-22-2017, 11:05 PM
Thinking about it, Im not sure I want to start vanilla at scratch and level to 60 again, Ive done it untold number of times. I have a 110 of every horde toon and 3 alliance. Not counting some ive deleted

Doublejack
10-22-2017, 11:12 PM
Thinking about it, Im not sure I want to start vanilla at scratch and level to 60 again, Ive done it untold number of times. I have a 110 of every horde toon and 3 alliance. Not counting some ive deleted
It's not too bad really. I rolled a priest as first char on Kronos. Not too gear dependent and easy to get in groups.

Elysium I went Hunter as a money maker. Figured I could level fast and gather materials for a warrior or priest main. Didn't work out well at all since no damn material nodes.

Keep in mind there are no heirlooms or anything so everyone is on the same playing field. Decked out in quest greens. Dungeons take real teamwork and everyone uses all of their crowd control skills.. slow going but very rewarding.

Common
10-24-2017, 03:34 AM
It's not too bad really. I rolled a priest as first char on Kronos. Not too gear dependent and easy to get in groups.

Elysium I went Hunter as a money maker. Figured I could level fast and gather materials for a warrior or priest main. Didn't work out well at all since no damn material nodes.

Keep in mind there are no heirlooms or anything so everyone is on the same playing field. Decked out in quest greens. Dungeons take real teamwork and everyone uses all of their crowd control skills.. slow going but very rewarding.
Dungeons were tough in Vanilla, not only tougher to play but to get groups together, especially AQ 40

Doublejack
11-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Welp - it's official

Blizzard going to bring back vanilla servers!

http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

Common
11-05-2017, 05:06 AM
THey already announced it on their battle.net website. Return to Azeroth, I certainly underestimated the demand for a return to vanilla.

im looking forward to leveling another vanilla toon. Im betting it takes 4 times longer to level to 60 vanilla than it does to level to 110 now

Doublejack
11-15-2017, 08:22 PM
THey already announced it on their battle.net website. Return to Azeroth, I certainly underestimated the demand for a return to vanilla.

im looking forward to leveling another vanilla toon. Im betting it takes 4 times longer to level to 60 vanilla than it does to level to 110 now

Oh geeze yea probably 50x longer.

Best part about vanilla though is that the journey to cap is a game in itself.
All those profession recipes are extremely useful at all levels.. hell even fishing/cooking is not a bad idea for the stat foods.

It's a balancing act trying to save up that level 40 riding/mount gold (90g) while still keeping up with your skills etc.

Anyhow Im happy i'll have a secure place to mess around on vanilla ;)

Common
11-16-2017, 01:31 AM
Oh geeze yea probably 50x longer.

Best part about vanilla though is that the journey to cap is a game in itself.
All those profession recipes are extremely useful at all levels.. hell even fishing/cooking is not a bad idea for the stat foods.

It's a balancing act trying to save up that level 40 riding/mount gold (90g) while still keeping up with your skills etc.

Anyhow Im happy i'll have a secure place to mess around on vanilla ;)

My first vanilla toon took me at least 3 months to level. It took me at least 4 months after getting to 60 to get the 600 gold for my epic mount.