PDA

View Full Version : Judge Overturns Trump Military Transgender Ban

Agent Zero
10-30-2017, 05:05 PM
Poor guy. And he though last week was a bad week?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/federal-judge-in-dc-blocks-part-of-trumps-transgender-military-ban/2017/10/30/41d41526-bd94-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html?utm_term=.bf2c5655ded8

A federal judge in D.C. partially blocked the Trump Administration’s proposed transgender military ban, writing in a strongly worded opinion that the policy “does not appear to be supported by any facts.”

U.S. District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly issued the preliminary injunction Monday, finding a group of transgender service members seeking to have the ban declared unconstitutional would have a strong chance of prevailing in their lawsuit.
Specifically, Kollar-Kotelly stayed a directive set to go into effect in March 2018 that would have blocked military recruitment of transgender people and would have forced the dismissal (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/07/27/people-are-scared-lgbt-groups-say-theyll-rush-to-fight-trumps-military-ban-in-court/?utm_term=.d109401915e6) of current transgender service members. The injunction remains in place until the lawsuit is resolved.
Kollar-Kotelly allowed to stand a part of the proposal that would bar military health funds from being used for sex reassignment surgery.
The ruling effectively reverses the Trump policy to a previous one issued by the Obama administration that would allow transgender people to serve openly in the military. The Obama position came after the Pentagon found there was no basis to exclude transgender people from the military.

MisterVeritis
10-30-2017, 05:06 PM
Your headline is a lie.

Ravens Fan
10-30-2017, 05:14 PM
His title is misleading...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agent Zero
10-30-2017, 05:56 PM
His title is misleading...

How so, Ravens Fan?

Captdon
10-30-2017, 05:59 PM
How so, @Ravens Fan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=908)?

The Constitution gives Congress the power to regulate the military. Another judge for SCOTUS to slap down.

MisterVeritis
10-30-2017, 06:18 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/federal-judge-in-dc-blocks-part-of-trumps-transgender-military-ban/2017/10/30/41d41526-bd94-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html?utm_term=.bf2c5655ded8
Judge Overturns Trump Military Transgender Ban
A judge with no authority blocked not overturned, a ban on transgendered soldiers.

Agent Zero
10-30-2017, 06:28 PM
Judge Overturns Trump Military Transgender Ban

A judge with no authority blocked not overturned, a ban on transgendered soldiers.

lol...so you have nothing.

o·ver·turn
verb

ˌōvərˈtərn/

tip (something) over so that it is on its side or upside down.

abolish, invalidate, or reverse (a previous system, decision, situation, etc.).
"the results overturned previous findings"

synonyms:
cancel, reverse, rescind, repeal, revoke, retract, countermand, disallow, override, overrule, veto, quash, overthrow, annul, nullify, invalidate, negate, void; More

hanger4
10-30-2017, 06:38 PM

o·ver·turn
verb

ˌōvərˈtərn/

synonyms:
cancel, reverse, rescind, repeal, revoke, retract, countermand, disallow, override, overrule, veto, quash, overthrow, annul, nullify, invalidate, negate, void; More

"partially blocked" is not overturned, abolished, invalidated, or reversed.

You should have stuck with WaPo's headline;

"Federal judge in D.C. blocks part of Trump’s transgender military ban"

at least it wasn't a lie. You really ought to stop doing that Agent Zero

MisterVeritis
10-30-2017, 06:38 PM

o·ver·turn
verb

ˌōvərˈtərn/

synonyms:

This confirms for me that you are a liar. Thanks for the confirmation.

hanger4
10-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Agent Zero when you lie, especially in the title, you lose control of the OP, regardless of how valid the topic maybe.

jimmyz
10-30-2017, 06:53 PM
The results are in...Agent Zero, Everyone Else 1

Ravens Fan
10-31-2017, 07:31 AM
How so, @Ravens Fan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=908)?

Your title says the judge overturned it, he only blocked part of it. The title on the linked article is quite different than what you used.

Don
10-31-2017, 08:14 PM
Leave em in. We might need them if we ever go to war with Canada. Just make it so they can't use taxpayer dollars to get sex "change" operations or pay for hormone treatments or plastic surgery.

Devil'sAdvocate
10-31-2017, 09:39 PM
There's no reason that "transgender people" should even be acknowledged existence to begin with, their "identity" just a confabulation of language and their mind, nothing more.

They don't "exist" anymore than "awesome people" do.

Agent Zero
10-31-2017, 11:15 PM

o·ver·turn
verb

ˌōvərˈtərn/

synonyms:

Your title says the judge overturned it, he only blocked part of it. The title on the linked article is quite different than what you used.
Instead of attacking me you should learn to read.

Standing Wolf
10-31-2017, 11:24 PM
The Constitution gives Congress the power to regulate the military. Another judge for SCOTUS to slap down.

Having the power to regulate something is not carte blanche to do anything one likes with regard to it.

Captdon
11-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Having the power to regulate something is not carte blanche to do anything one likes with regard to it.

Wrong on this one. This is the Constitution, not some law. The power to regulate is the power to regulate. There are no restrictions attached. That they go along with the President means nothing. Gays weren't allowed to serve openly by a court. It was an executive order and Congress voted to allow it. The military has always set the standards and they can and will on this subject to Congress.

Ravens Fan
11-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Instead of attacking me you should learn to read.

Blocking part of a policy is not overturning the whole policy.

If you consider me pointing out fact about something you posted as a personal attack, you may need to grow some thicker skin.

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Blocking part of a policy is not overturning the whole policy.

If you consider me pointing out fact about something you posted as a personal attack, you may need to grow some thicker skin.

Did you even read the definition of 'oveturn' in your zeal to attack me?

Particularly this part???

Ravens Fan
11-01-2017, 02:36 PM
Did you even read the definition of 'oveturn' in your zeal to attack me?

Particularly this part???

I did. Did you?

It is called pointing out an error, not attacking you.