PDA

View Full Version : tPF Failure to Lead: Trump Politicizes NY Terror Attack

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 06:09 PM
....and plays into the hands of terrorists worldwide who thrive on instilling fear. I'm sure every member of ISIS has retweeted his tweets today in glee.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/358204-ny-officials-havent-heard-from-trump-on-terror-attack

http://www.businessinsider.com/cuomo-trump-tweets-new-york-nyc-terror-attack-2017-11

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was asked about President Donald Trump's tweets on Tuesday's terror attack.
He said they were unhelpful.
In one of Trump's Wednesday tweets, he wrote: "The terrorist came into our country through what is called the 'Diversity Visa Lottery Program,' a Chuck Schumer beauty. I want merit based."

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday called President Donald Trump's tweetstorm on the New York City terror attack unhelpful.
Cuomo, speaking at a press conference alongside New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and law enforcement officials, said the president was not handling the aftermath of the attack appropriately.
"The president's tweets I think were not helpful," he said. "I don't think they were factual. I think they tended to point fingers and politicize the situation."
After tweeting his "thoughts, condolences, and prayers, to the victims and families" of the attack on Tuesday, Trump tweeted (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/925534445393928199) that he was asking the Department of Homeland Security to ramp up its "Extreme Vetting Program."
"Being politically correct is fine, but not for this!" he said.
Then on Wednesday morning, Trump went after Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat, for an immigration program known as the Diversity Visa Program. That program was created in a bill that (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/11/01/extreme-right-gins-up-a-culprit-for-n-y-terror-attack-chuck-schumer/?utm_term=.a8d98c5d033b) Schumer, as a House representative, introduced in 1990. But in 2013, as a member of the Gang of Eight on immigration, Schumer helped craft a proposal that would have scrapped it. That legislation passed the Senate but was never brought up for a vote in the House.

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 06:10 PM
All in less than 24 hours after the attack.

MisterVeritis
11-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Schumer and his terrorist both need to be destroyed.

Thanks.

Mister D
11-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Trump is right. Why do we need a diversity lottery anyway? WTF is that? This sort of stupidity needs to checked and pronto.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 07:47 PM
If Trump is correct and this guy got in based on some progressive assholery Schumer was part of creating then how is it that Schumer doesn't own a part of it?

Mister D
11-01-2017, 07:49 PM
All in less than 24 hours after the attack. Captain Obvious now this is hypocrisy.

Beevee
11-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Schumer and his terrorist both need to be destroyed.

Thanks.

You volunteering?

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 08:43 PM
If Trump is correct and this guy got in based on some progressive assholery Schumer was part of creating then how is it that Schumer doesn't own a part of it?

For the third time. This guy entered the country under a bipartisan bill signed by George H W Bush.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 08:47 PM
For the third time. This guy entered the country under a bipartisan bill signed by George H W Bush.

That's nice.

Now see if you can answer my question.

MisterVeritis
11-01-2017, 08:49 PM
You volunteering?
I have already served. But yes, I am willing to help bring down Schumer. I do hope Schumer's terrorist goes to Gitmo for the rest of his life.

DGUtley
11-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Notice -- Mister D TB'd by OP.

Common
11-02-2017, 07:50 AM

Link plz

Common
11-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Nvm youre right I looked it was instituted in 1990 by congress GH Bush was Potus

Captain Obvious
11-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Notice -- Mister D TB'd by OP.

This is pretty much a troll bait thread with drama queen mixed in, you might as well threadban me also.

And anyone else fo that matter, this thread doesn't belong in the serious discussion area anyway.

Beevee
11-02-2017, 10:29 AM
I have already served. But yes, I am willing to help bring down Schumer. I do hope Schumer's terrorist goes to Gitmo for the rest of his life.

And you want to reduce taxation as well? Smart move on your part.

MisterVeritis
11-02-2017, 11:41 AM
And you want to reduce taxation as well? Smart move on your part.
Yes. I would like to see the Constitution restored and the Federal government reduced to its Constitutional role.

All of my moves are smart moves.

We need to destroy Schumer and Schumer's terrorist.