PDA

View Full Version : Big brother comes to Wichita streets

Crepitus
11-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Wichita uses cameras to enforce traffic laws in Old Town (http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article184233183.html)

Wichita police officers no longer need to see drivers break traffic laws in the Old Town section of the city in order to write traffic tickets.The Wichita Eagle reports the city has installed 97 cameras in the core of Old Town, a business, arts and entertainment district.A staff member monitors the cameras from an office in city hall. If a traffic violation is seen, a nearby officer is called and the officer can track down the car and write a ticket."I hope people don't perceive this as 'Big Brother,' " Wichita police Sgt. Kelly O'Brien said. "Officers are monitoring public places where you see it from public viewing. It's just a way for officers to enhance their abilities to protect the community and improve traffic safety and also improve officer safety."

I see this as a bad thing. People don't need to be watched 24/7/365. We are not children.

donttread
11-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Wichita uses cameras to enforce traffic laws in Old Town (http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article184233183.html)

I see this as a bad thing. People don't need to be watched 24/7/365. We are not children.

No but we are increasingly subjects! What's next camera assisted jay walking tickets.

Cthulhu
11-12-2017, 03:29 PM

I see this as a bad thing. People don't need to be watched 24/7/365. We are not children.People should shoot out the cameras.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Crepitus
11-12-2017, 03:32 PM
People should shoot out the cameras.

Yeah...... no. I'm not advocating that.

AZ Jim
11-12-2017, 04:29 PM
People should stop at the red light, not speed in speed zones, not cross except at intersections but do they?

Standing Wolf
11-12-2017, 04:34 PM

When the authorities want to start putting cameras in my (or anyone else's) house, I'll be concerned. The streets are a public place; there is no expectation of privacy there.

Crepitus
11-12-2017, 05:38 PM
When the authorities want to start putting cameras in my (or anyone else's) house, I'll be concerned. The streets are a public place; there is no expectation of privacy there.

There is 8s also no expectation of an eye in the sky on you 24/7.

Cthulhu
11-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Yeah...... no. I'm not advocating that.Oh I know you're not.

I'm just saying I am. Not that I would do such a thing my self. I just wouldn't convict someone for doing it.

resister
11-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Maybe one is in your smart TV?21031

Mini Me
11-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Maybe one is in your smart TV?21031

:laugh:The average Joe goes home to watch TV
The paranoid goes home and the TV watches him!

resister
11-12-2017, 06:06 PM
:laugh:The average Joe goes home to watch TV
The paranoid goes home and the TV watches him!

Maybe so, Maybe no! I put nothing past intelligence agencies, they work hand in hand with tech companies!

MisterVeritis
11-12-2017, 06:09 PM
I am for paint balloons filled with opaque paint. Once lenses are covered smash the cameras and rip out the wires.

Mini Me
11-12-2017, 06:10 PM
No but we are increasingly subjects! What's next camera assisted jay walking tickets.

Just wait until the DRONES spy on us! (do already)

I recently worked at an auto parts store as a parts driver. The cars are rigged up with GPS satelite, and record data on everything! When you take a break, lunch, time of each stop, and the data goes to headquarters.

I quit after one day! They told me I had to take my lunch and breaks at the store only! Fk em!!!:occasion18:

Standing Wolf
11-12-2017, 06:16 PM
There is 8s also no expectation of an eye in the sky on you 24/7.

Your house doesn't have a roof on it?

resister
11-12-2017, 06:39 PM
I am for paint balloons filled with opaque paint. Once lenses are covered smash the cameras and rip out the wires.
I favor, national, slingshot day!

jimmyz
11-12-2017, 07:00 PM
They took out the speeding cams on Arizona highways a while back. Maybe we can talk the cities into doing it as well?

resister
11-12-2017, 07:03 PM
They took out the speeding cams on Arizona highways a while back. Maybe we can talk the cities into doing it as well?
When I go into Sarasota, damn near every light has one. Have not seen the first one here. They damn sure better not! Most neighborhood roads here are in deplorable conditions, there are pot holes, in the potholes.

I hear people often complain of vehicle damage. On the plus side, hard to speed on such roads!

jimmyz
11-12-2017, 07:06 PM
When I go into Sarasota, damn near every light has one. Have not seen the first one here. They damn sure better not! Most neighborhood roads here are in deplorable conditions, there are pot holes, in the potholes.

I hear people often complain of vehicle damage. On the plus side, hard to speed on such roads!

Cams her get you for running red light and speeding. the pictures they take of you are HD as well. So no chance to say that it was not you.

donttread
12-04-2017, 02:47 PM
People should shoot out the cameras.

Better yet steal them and set them up in the police and government parking lots at quitting time!