PDA

View Full Version : tPF Gas Prices Highest In Three Years

Agent Zero
11-24-2017, 06:08 PM
My opinion is that we're going to see a level of inflation that will wipe out any gains in the economy.

http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/2017-thanksgiving-gas-prices-highest-in-three-years-says-aaa/862445364

FRESNO, Calif. - People are well on their way to their Thanksgiving holiday destinations in what the AAA is saying will be the busiest holiday travel season in 12 years. Meanwhile, gas prices are at their highest since 2014.This year marks the first time Rita Whitener and her family are leaving their home in southern California for the holiday. They've decided to head up to Yosemite.
"We wanted to be on the road by 6 a.m. because we figured we'd miss all the traffic," she said. "But no, [that didn't happen]."
Gas prices are at their highest in three years nationwide, according to AAA. In Fresno, a gallon of unleaded gas is going for $3.14 on average. It's down nearly 4-cents from last week, but it's 60-cents above the national average.

resister
11-24-2017, 06:09 PM
2.43 cent a gallon, last time I looked.

Peter1469
11-24-2017, 06:15 PM
I doubt we will see meaningful inflation.

Captdon
11-24-2017, 06:22 PM
My opinion is that we're going to see a level of inflation that will wipe out any gains in the economy.

http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/2017-thanksgiving-gas-prices-highest-in-three-years-says-aaa/862445364

Maybe you missed it but a lot of refineries are down. Price of gas isn't an inflationary disaster.

Agent Zero
11-24-2017, 06:23 PM
2.43 cent a gallon, last time I looked.

Your bike uses gasoline?

Chris
11-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Inflation, the hidden tax.

resister
11-24-2017, 06:41 PM
Your bike uses gasoline?
I knew you could not resist the temptation to make it about me. FYI I occasionally buy gas for other things.

Agent Zero
11-24-2017, 07:19 PM
I doubt we will see meaningful inflation.

It could be argued that Trump's anti-trade policies combined with increased employment and income will fuel inflation as supplies become scarce thanks to import restrictions, higher fuel prices, and as cost of goods continue to increase.

As any economist will tell you inflation is too much money chasing too few goods.

Kacper
11-24-2017, 08:20 PM
Gas prices almost always spike around holidays. Tis why I fill up the week before a big holiday. When I was at university, gas prices would surge 30 to 40 cents the week before school breaks so I would just fill up about 2 weeks before, drive as little as possible, and wait to fill up again once I got 60-90 miles down the road.

Adelaide
11-25-2017, 09:58 AM
I knew you could not resist the temptation to make it about me. FYI I occasionally buy gas for other things.

Thread banned by OP.

Crepitus
11-25-2017, 11:20 AM
Maybe you missed it but a lot of refineries are down. Price of gas isn't an inflationary disaster.

Wait, wasn't it President Obama's fault whenever gas went up on his watch? So why try to blame refineries being down now?

(Yes, I know it's not anything trump did, but it wasn't anything Obama did either and he still got blamed)

Orion Rules
11-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Inflation, the hidden tax.Thank you for those concerns...

If one grain of salt can power a whole house for months,

Then why is the sand dollar down when eaten up by moths?

Just because pollution of God's Earth to travel for all those fasts

Of Holidays to celebrate material moralism never bought happiness.

Exactly is it who goes about and eliminates the competition of inventions?

Oil belongs inside the Earth, not outside where the air becomes that poisoning.

The axles of the Earth have dried up, Earth shrunk without its grease for its bearings.

Rivers of oil inside the Earth, how big will the Flood be when God sends it to transgression?

Is it not evident that flash floods just appear out of nowhere where man stands against change?

Chris
11-25-2017, 11:39 AM
Thank you for those concerns...

If one grain of salt can power a whole house for months,

Then why is the sand dollar down when eaten up by moths?

Just because pollution of God's Earth to travel for all those fasts

Of Holidays to celebrate material moralism never bought happiness.

Exactly is it who goes about and eliminates the competition of inventions?

Oil belongs inside the Earth, not outside where the air becomes that poisoning.

The axles of the Earth have dried up, Earth shrunk without its grease for its bearings.

Rivers of oil inside the Earth, how big will the Flood be when God sends it to transgression?

Is it not evident that flash floods just appear out of nowhere where man stands against change?

https://s33.postimg.org/det6lif27/Wg_Zo1_s-200x150.gif

Chris
11-25-2017, 11:44 AM

Bingo!

Gasoline prices shoot up across US, more increases expected as refineries remain shuttered (https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/30/gasoline-prices-shoot-up-across-u-s-more-increases-expected-as-refineries-remain-shuttered.html)

...Lipow said prices across the U.S. will be affected, especially in areas east of the Rocky Mountains. Lipow said the shutdowns and slowdowns at Gulf Coast refineries have resulted in a reduction of crude oil processing of more than 5 million barrels a day. Normally, the U.S. refines 17.5 million barrels a day of crude, turning it into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.

Harvey.

Chris
11-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Wait, wasn't it President Obama's fault whenever gas went up on his watch? So why try to blame refineries being down now?

(Yes, I know it's not anything trump did, but it wasn't anything Obama did either and he still got blamed)

Harvey. No tu quoque. Just the weather.

Peter1469
11-25-2017, 01:42 PM
Gas was $2.79 here. Just filled up.

Tahuyaman
11-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Liberals are all over the map on the price of gasoline. Sometimes they say that the prices in the US should rise like they are in Europe in order to persuade people to drive less.

Then when prices rise, they complain that the rise is a camouflaged tax on the poor.

Where do they stand on the price of gasoline?

Tahuyaman
11-28-2017, 04:26 PM
Gas was $2.79 here. Just filled up.

I won't be buying any automotive fuel until April of 2018. And then it will be diesel.