PDA

View Full Version : tPF Time Person of the Year Shortlist

Agent Zero
12-04-2017, 09:12 AM
As I predicted, the #MeToo movement is a finalist; and as others have predicted Donald Trump is too.

http://time.com/5026497/time-person-of-the-year-2017-poll/

Who do you think will win?

Agent Zero
12-04-2017, 09:16 AM
I think Mueller is also a strong candidate.

Chris
12-04-2017, 09:29 AM
As I predicted, the #MeToo movement is a finalist; and as others have predicted Donald Trump is too.

http://time.com/5026497/time-person-of-the-year-2017-poll/

Who do you think will win?

#MeToo is not a person, it's a collectivist identity group and not an individual as the Me would imply. English is getting trashed.

I'll vote for Bezos as someone who hasn't whined and begged but contributed to prosperity.

hanger4
12-04-2017, 09:52 AM
I think Mueller is also a strong candidate.Mueller on the short list is laughable, he's done nothing to merit person of the year.

Agent Zero
12-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Mueller on the short list is laughable, he's done nothing to merit person of the year.
Don’t forget to vote!

Ravens Fan
12-04-2017, 10:52 AM
I don't think anyone on the short list should be it. The first woman who came out publicly about Harvey Weinstien should be the person of the year, IMO. Her actions empowered other victims to tell their stories as well, and has brought the spotlight onto sexual abuse in the workplace.

hanger4
12-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Don’t forget to vote!There's no one or org or group on the list that deserves my vote. Can I write in my choice ??

Chris
12-04-2017, 10:58 AM
There's no one or org or group on the list that deserves my vote. Can I write in my choice ??

No voting for yourself!!

hanger4
12-04-2017, 11:04 AM
No voting for yourself!!Crap !!

Agent Zero
12-04-2017, 11:21 AM
I don't think anyone on the short list should be it. The first woman who came out publicly about Harvey Weinstien should be the person of the year, IMO. Her actions empowered other victims to tell their stories as well, and has brought the spotlight onto sexual abuse in the workplace.
Isn’t she included in the #MeToo group?

Should there be another group, say “#WomenScorned”, such as the Trump and Moore accusers?

Chris
12-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Whatabout #seriouslyscrewedovercitizens

Ravens Fan
12-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Isn’t she included in the #MeToo group?

The #MeToo group would never be, if it weren't for her. This went on for decades, and she was the only one brave enough to put her own reputation, career and life on the line, without the support of a movement. She deserves the recognition on her own.

Should there be another group, say “#WomenScorned”, such as the Trump and Moore accusers?

Why?

Adelaide
12-04-2017, 11:40 AM
I picked the #MeToo movement. Might not be an individual but the impact of it is significant and groups have been chosen in the past. Not to mention that the computer won in 1982...

hanger4
12-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Should there be another group, say “#WomenScorned”, such as the Trump and Moore accusers?Good point Agent Zero, you should add to the “#WomenScorned” list those that were 'slut shamed' such as Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broaddrick and Monica Lewinsky.

Kalkin
12-04-2017, 12:31 PM
How can a movement be considered as a person? I suppose, in liberal lala-land, a movement is free to self-identify itself as a person. lol.
However, if such things apply, I nominate the individual mandate repeal as person of the year.

Agent Zero
12-04-2017, 12:38 PM
How can a movement be considered as a person? I suppose, in liberal lala-land, a movement is free to self-identify itself as a person. lol.
However, if such things apply, I nominate the individual mandate repeal as person of the year.
Hasn’t been signed into law, yet.

Kalkin
12-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Hasn’t been signed into law, yet.
Your grasp of the obvious is impressive. My nomination stands.

Agent Zero
12-04-2017, 12:39 PM

“Corporations are people too”

- Mitt Romney

Adelaide
12-04-2017, 12:41 PM

Several groups/movements in the past have been chosen... as have inanimate objects.

Kalkin
12-04-2017, 12:56 PM
“Corporations are people too”

- Mitt Romney
Corporations are not people. However, corporations are owned by people who have the same rights as all people. Hope this clears up any confusion you have.

Kalkin
12-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Several groups/movements in the past have been chosen... as have inanimate objects.

Words have meanings. A person is a person. Just because we are, as a society, devolving into idiocracy doesn't mean we have to do so as intelligent individuals.

Agent Zero
12-06-2017, 08:07 AM
And the winner is.....

The #MeToo movement!

Trump lost