PDA

View Full Version : For Those That Are Antiunion

Pendragon
10-25-2011, 11:35 AM
There are a number of individuals on this board who claim that unions are not a vital part of this nation's history nor have they been a positive influence on the state of the worker in these United States. You know who you are. I would ask you to explain this chart and tell the rest of us why you maintain that there is no correlation when the facts are right there before you.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/top1percentchart_web_graphic1.png

Mister D
10-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Who are these people, Pen?

Correlation is not causation. Furthermore, do you have a link top this site?

Conley
10-25-2011, 11:46 AM
According to that chart unions came into existence in 1967. Not a moment before! :D

Conley
10-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Who are these people, Pen?

Correlation is not causation. Furthermore, do you have a link top this site?

Yes to both points. Attribution is a must.

Pendragon
10-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I will add the link later however for now I would appreciate a discussion of the results it displays.

Mister D
10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm just not sure I would trust thinkprogress. :-\

Elibe
10-25-2011, 12:24 PM
how can you tell its from tp

Mister D
10-25-2011, 12:26 PM

Right click on the chart and click on properties.

Conley
10-25-2011, 12:34 PM

>:( >:( >:(

That's how you and Captain figured out all my photo trivias!

:D

Mister D
10-25-2011, 12:45 PM

Mister D
10-25-2011, 12:46 PM

Not true! Only Captain admitted to that! I'[LL NEVER ADMIT TO ANYTHING! >:(

Seriously, I did get that Cobain on my own. ;) ;D

Conley
10-25-2011, 01:06 PM
:rofl:

All right if you say so, I trust you...this time.

jgreer
10-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Of course, VDARE is fine but Think Progress is not. ::)

Mister D
10-25-2011, 02:28 PM

Do you see a chart in the VDare article or an editorial?

Conley
10-25-2011, 02:44 PM

:D What's wrong with charts?

Mister D
10-25-2011, 02:48 PM

Nothing. He is trying to say that since I post opinion pieces from VDare I shouldn't object to the unsourced data from thinkprogress.

jgreer
10-25-2011, 03:15 PM

Nothing. He is trying to say that since I post opinion pieces from VDare I shouldn't object to the unsourced data from thinkprogress.

Mister D will post the opinion pieces of racists but he absolutely will not accept facts and figures being put up on his website. NO NO NO! LOL

Mister D
10-25-2011, 03:38 PM

Mister D will post the opinion pieces of racists but he absolutely will not accept facts and figures being put up on his website. NO NO NO! LOL

I'm waiting for you to prove Buchanon is a racist, sheeple. ;D No, I'm skeptical of figures from thinkprogress. Wouldn't you be!? ??? :D

Conley
10-25-2011, 03:42 PM
I really don't appreciate all the anti-sheep comments around here.

Sheepists.

>:(

Mister D
10-25-2011, 03:45 PM

Sheepists.

I do have a very toasty wool Swedish military coat at home so I give creditt o the sheep when it's due.

Conley
10-25-2011, 03:53 PM

Sheepists.

I do have a very toasty wool Swedish military coat at home so I give creditt o the sheep when it's due.

Thank you! Sheep provide good wool and tasty meat. Sometimes companionship too. :o

Uninformed idiots who just do what their political leaders demand don't contribute anything. They just bring our society down!

Mister D
10-25-2011, 03:54 PM

Sheepists.

Thank you! Sheep provide good wool and tasty meat. Sometimes companionship too. :o

Uninformed idiots who just do what their political leaders demand don't contribute anything. They just bring our society down!

Quoted for truth!

jgreer
10-25-2011, 04:02 PM

I'm waiting for you to prove Buchanon is a racist, sheeple. ;D No, I'm skeptical of figures from thinkprogress. Wouldn't you be!? ??? :D

You can't even wait thirty minutes for me to reply? I am not as unethical as you wasting my employer's time constantly reloading this web site.

Mister D
10-25-2011, 05:14 PM

You can't even wait thirty minutes for me to reply? I am not as unethical as you wasting my employer's time constantly reloading this web site.

My employer pays me to get a job done. In any case, you don't have an employer. You're a student. :D

jgreer
10-25-2011, 05:41 PM

My employer pays me to get a job done. In any case, you don't have an employer. You're a student. :D

A: I never said I was a student.

B: What is wrong with being a student? You should try it some time, maybe you will learn something.

jgreer
10-25-2011, 05:43 PM
May be I was wrong and you don't even have a job. That would explain why you are always on here. If you do have a job you will probably get laid off soon but I hope that you don't.

Mister D
10-25-2011, 06:05 PM

A: I never said I was a student.

B: What is wrong with being a student? You should try it some time, maybe you will learn something.

A: It's not necessary.

B: Nothing. It just sounds funny when you speak of employment. Beyond working at he student lounge. ;D

Conley
10-25-2011, 06:05 PM

Sheepists.

Quoted for truth!

I just saw this listed in the icons: :MSM:

:D It's called MSM, I wonder if that is mainstream media?

Mister D
10-25-2011, 06:07 PM
May be I was wrong and you don't even have a job. That would explain why you are always on here. If you do have a job you will probably get laid off soon but I hope that you don't.

I almost always start from the assumption that you are in fact wrong. I make a final determination after a read your comments. Again, I get paid to do a job. The job gets done and it gets done well. I don't appreciate the personal slights.

Mister D
10-25-2011, 06:09 PM

Sheepists.

Quoted for truth!

I just saw this listed in the icons: :MSM:

:D It's called MSM, I wonder if that is mainstream media?

:D I wonder what they might mean. Mainstream media does make sense...

Cruel
10-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Here's some facts.

Total Union Members: 14.7 Million
Percentage of Workforce that is Unionized: 11.9%

Obviously that 11.9% unionized workforce isn't vital because if it didn't exist a non unionized workforce would be doing the work.

More telling facts.

Major Unions with White Presidents: 94%
Major Unions with Male Presidents: 89%

Political Activity
Crime, Corruption, and Violence

Recorded Incidents of Union Violence and Intimidation since 1975: 9,000+
Union Racketeering Indictments since 2001: 2,056
Fines Paid Resulting from DOL Racketeering Investigations since 2001: $670 million
http://unionfacts.org/cuf/vitals#

Obviously those facts prove that unions are racist, sexist, corrupt and criminal.

Conley
10-25-2011, 06:16 PM

I almost always start from the assumption that you are in fact wrong. I make a final determination after a read your comments. Again, I get paid to do a job. The job gets done and it gets done well. I don't appreciate the personal slights.

I think (hope?) he was saying you'd get laid off because of the state of the economy (the 99% he's always talking about) not because of any personal slight. But I might be giving him too much credit.

Mister D
10-25-2011, 06:17 PM
It's good to give such a benefit. :) We are a brotherhood of ranters.

Conley
10-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Here's some facts.

Obviously that 11.9% unionized workforce isn't vital because if it didn't exist a non unionized workforce would be doing the work.

More telling facts.

Political Activity

Fines Paid Resulting from DOL Racketeering Investigations since 2001: $670 million

Obviously those facts prove that unions are racist, sexist, corrupt and criminal.

Nice. Always good to see facts backed up with sources. I don't know they're all like that but certainly there have been many of them like that. I think that's where most of their negative publicity comes from.

Mister D
Here's some facts.

More telling facts.

Political Activity

Ouch. That was...dare I say it? It was cruel. 8)

Conley

The Ranters Union.

:o :o :o

Mister D
10-25-2011, 06:20 PM

The Ranters Union.

:o :o :o

I like it. :D

jgreer
10-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Here's some facts.

More telling facts.

Political Activity

Slander generally is. Any how I thought you were fine with the leadership being all white? Contradicting yourself so quickly?

Mister D
10-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Here's some facts.

More telling facts.

Political Activity

Slander generally is. Any how I thought you were fine with the leadership being all white? Contradicting yourself so quickly?

Slander? What are you talking about? The only slander I've seen so far today is your accusation against Pat B. As for me, yes, I'm fine with union leadership being all white but that's the first time I've said so. ;)

Conley
10-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Slander is usually spoken and libel is written.

That's what I learned watching Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer anyway.

jgreer
10-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Slander, libel, whatever. You shouldn't throw around words like racist and sexist to describe unions. It is only people who can be racist or sexist.

Does Pat Buchanan deny that he is a racist and anti-semite? It seems like he is proud of it.

Mister D
10-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Slander, libel, whatever. You shouldn't throw around words like racist and sexist to describe unions. It is only people who can be racist or sexist.

Does Pat Buchanan deny that he is a racist and anti-semite? It seems like he is proud of it.

Let me get this straight. You call Pat a racist based on nothing but hearsay and now you object to Cruel's demonstration of your own absurdity? Let me clue you in on something. Cruel doesn't thin unions are racist. He is using the very criteria liberals use to determine who or what is racist against them. It works and it's funny.

Conley
10-25-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.nwkite.com/forums/files/erw_20unfrozen_20caveman_20lawyer_197.jpg

jgreer
10-25-2011, 07:03 PM

Let me get this straight. You call Pat a racist based on nothing but hearsay and now you object to Cruel's demonstration of your own absurdity? Let me clue you in on something. Cruel doesn't thin unions are racist. He is using the very criteria liberals use to determine who or what is racist against them. It works and it's funny.

So it's wrong when liberals do it but it's funny when conservatives do it. I see. That is what I expect from you.

Mister D
10-25-2011, 07:12 PM

So it's wrong when liberals do it but it's funny when conservatives do it. I see. That is what I expect from you.

Sigh...

He's mocking this liberal tactic. For example, if an entity's leadership is predominantly white liberals assume racism is afoot. So Cruel sarcastically comments on the apparent racism in today's unions. Understand? Cruel really think the unions are racist but by the logic liberals use they are.

jgreer
10-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Why don't you let Cruel decide what he means?

He said they are racist. Now you are trying to twist it to fit what you want it too.

Mister D
10-25-2011, 07:29 PM

He said they are racist. Now you are trying to twist it to fit what you want it too.

Seems obvious enough to me but OK. Let's wait for Cruel.

jgreer
10-25-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't understand why you even care since you don't think its a bad thing to be racist.

Mister D
10-25-2011, 07:37 PM
I don't understand why you even care since you don't think its a bad thing to be racist.

We've established that Buchanon is not a racist. You're just naive and credulous.

Cruel
10-25-2011, 07:52 PM

He's mocking this liberal tactic. For example, if an entity's leadership is predominantly white liberals assume racism is afoot. So Cruel sarcastically comments on the apparent racism in today's unions. Understand? Cruel really think the unions are racist but by the logic liberals use they are.

Seems obvious enough to me but OK. Let's wait for Cruel.

Mister D, I do enjoy using the Leftists tactics against them and of course I do enjoy mocking and insulting Leftists.
Overall you weren't far off the mark on what you stated.

Mister D
10-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Thank you, sir.

So, greer, there we are. My characterization of Cruel's remarks was fair.

jgreer
10-26-2011, 09:55 AM
He said you were off the mark. Furthermore I think he just said that to try to win points with you. Irregardless of that it is not the issue. The issue is that even with those statistics which may or may not be true you cannot provide facts to win your arguement. What do you think of unions? Do you think they are all bad? Think this country would have been better off without them?

Mister D
10-26-2011, 11:30 AM
He said you were off the mark. Furthermore I think he just said that to try to win points with you. Irregardless of that it is not the issue. The issue is that even with those statistics which may or may not be true you cannot provide facts to win your arguement. What do you think of unions? Do you think they are all bad? Think this country would have been better off without them?

What's my argument, greer?

jgreer
10-26-2011, 11:48 AM

I don't know. It is not my fault you cant communicate well. Why don't you try again? What is your arguement?

Mister D
10-26-2011, 01:10 PM

I don't know. It is not my fault you cant communicate well. Why don't you try again? What is your arguement?

You just said I coudn't support my argument with facts. Surely you know what that argument is? ;D

jgreer
10-26-2011, 01:59 PM
So we agree you have no argument.

jgreer
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Reply?

Mister D
10-26-2011, 02:23 PM
So we agree you have no argument.

Do we? That's what I'm asking.

Cruel
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM

You aren't qualified to know what my reasons are for anything.
jgreer, that was very asinine of you to state that it wasn't the issue when it is very obvious to everyone that it was a issue to you. You then go on and indirectly admit that you Leftists don't like the facts and then lie and say that the facts don't win the arguments against you Leftists when in truth they obviously do defeat you Leftists. Jgreer, your last 3 questions were asinine and considering that the answers are obvious ones to about everyone, it causes people to wonder are you really that stupid that you really don't know the answers?