PDA

View Full Version : Visiting judge to preside over Sebring water-crisis trial

DGUtley
01-09-2018, 07:54 AM
https://youtu.be/77gKSp8WoRg

Visiting Judge to Preside over Sebring Water-Crisis
Trial (https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJlbWFpbCI6ImR1dGxleUBjcnVnb GF3LmNvbSIsImJ1bGxldGluX2xpbmtfaWQiOiIxMDYiLCJzdWJ zY3JpYmVyX2lkIjoiNzM3MjAzNzMwIiwibGlua19pZCI6IjMwO Dc2NjIxNSIsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpkaWdlc3QiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHR wOi8vd3d3LnZpbmR5LmNvbS9uZXdzLzIwMTgvamFuLzA2L3Zpc 2l0aW5nLWp1ZGdlLXRvLXByZXNpZGUtb3Zlci13YXRlci1jcmk vIiwiYnVsbGV0aW5faWQiOiIyMDE4MDEwOC44MzMzNTUxMSJ9. ovwMXmJ5mjAnQytDPM5pTpRf34Oj3hB54xulKr2Aqp8)
This triggered quite a stir in our area, on the heels of the Flint crisis. Sebring is a beat-down little farm town south east of Youngstown, 7 miles east of the greatest college football power on the planet -- the Mount Union Purple Raiders. There was a lot of hand-wringing, the big tort firms headed there. Investigations were had. As a result, James Bates, was charged with failing to timely notify Sebring water customers in late 2015 and early 2016 of excessive lead levels in Sebring’s drinking water. The Ohio Attorney General’s office is prosecuting the case on behalf of the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. The late notifications came on the heels of the Flint, Mich., drinking-water crisis and resulted in Sebring-area water customers being told to consume bottled water for several weeks until the problem was fixed.

I was asked by Sebring's insurer to represent the Village if claims came. Not one single claim came.

Common
01-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Not providing safe drinking water is unthinkable anywhere in this country.

I have a deep well but not far from me they have city water, if you dont use a drop of water your monthly water bill is 48.00. People that water their lawn and have pools have horrific water bills near 75 to over a 100.00. Heres the caveat they tell them the water is safe and tested regularly and conforms to state and federal standards but the water STINKS like sulphur and tastes like shit and everyone has an expenive to put in and maintain water filtering system so they can tolerate drinking the garbage.

DGUtley
01-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Not providing safe drinking water is unthinkable anywhere in this country. I have a deep well but not far from me they have city water, if you dont use a drop of water your monthly water bill is 48.00. People that water their lawn and have pools have horrific water bills near 75 to over a 100.00. Heres the caveat they tell them the water is safe and tested regularly and conforms to state and federal standards but the water STINKS like sulphur and tastes like shit and everyone has an expenive to put in and maintain water filtering system so they can tolerate drinking the garbage.
Here, I live in a Township in Medina County. Medina County has its own aquifers, so I have county water and county sewer. If you live in Medina City, you get your water from Lake Erie through the City of Cleveland water system -- you pay bigly. City of Akron, even worse. I may put a well in this year.