PDA

View Full Version : Garlic and Parsley

Conley
12-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Parsley can be very useful. No joke! I sometimes consume a ridiculous amount of garlic (up to 8 cloves in a sitting). When cooked and eaten with parsley it kills the odor. Tricks of the trade!
Mister D

Well I do love the garlic...I don't mind the smell, kind of enjoy it actually. But you're saying to cook it with the parsley? Seems like that would lead to some really wilted parsley. Also I'm no scientist -- shocker I know -- but I thought taste and smell were closely linked. I dont want to make my garlic bland, but cooking it thoroughly does make it less pungent. That reminds me I need to get some shallots. Dang, taking this thread OT already :angry:

Captain Obvious
12-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Made garlic mashed potatoes over the weekend. Basically fresh mashed (peels on), tons o'garlic and probably twice the salt I normally add.

Fantastic shit.

Mister D
12-06-2012, 10:16 PM
When I wake up the next day even my farts reek of garlic. Imagine, if you will, feces lightly sauteed with garlic and onions. I smell like salami after one of my garlic fests. I can get the residue off my skin after a shower but those sulfur compounds are all over the inside of your body too. I use dry parsley. When I make my garlic oil I add the parsley right on top of the garlic. I only cook the garlic for a few minutes on low heat so nothing gets bitter and the garlic doesn't brown. I then add some uncooked parsley the pasta. It's a neutral herb so it's not even noticeable.

Captain Obvious
12-06-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm so glad I'm not gay.

LiarSOB
12-06-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm so glad I'm not gay.
Added benefit: saves you from gay vampires.

Conley
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
When I wake up the next day even my farts reek of garlic. Imagine, if you will, feces lightly sauteed with garlic and onions. I smell like salami after one of my garlic fests. I can get the residue off my skin after a shower but those sulfur compounds are all over the inside of your body too. I use dry parsley. When I make my garlic oil I add the parsley right on top of the garlic. I only cook the garlic for a few minutes on low heat so nothing gets bitter and the garlic doesn't brown. I then add some uncooked parsley the pasta. It's a neutral herb so it's not even noticeable.

Oly fug. I kept starting to post in the condom thread about my inability to get laid in HS and figured it was TMI...I guess I need to re-ass-ess.

I'm not sure I've eaten eight cloves in one sitting but thoroughly cooked I don't think I'd be farting too badly, and I put a lot of chili paste in most of these dishes anyhow, so...there are other issues. :grin:

Dry parsley, got it...you're making sense to me now sensai.

Also, Cap'n posting in here reminded me what ever happened with you two and the leeks? Is that something I should look into or is it just a variation on green onions from the local market?

Conley
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
f not leeks, ramps I think they were. Can't remember. :laugh:

Conley
12-06-2012, 10:34 PM

Yeah, you you either impale the gay vampire with a wooden stake or else the gay vampire impales you with his wood.

:shocked:

Captain Obvious
12-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Out of season. In WV they're in during the springtime. They come in later up in the hinterlands where I actually live.

I missed out on them this year but it's on my radar for next spring.

KC
12-06-2012, 10:35 PM

That's a real danger these days, I hear.

http://droogie.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c55aa53ef0120a6bd1af8970b-800wi

Conley
12-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Also, since we're confessing stuff in here I love smelling my fingers after cutting up a bunch of fresh garlic. Dunno why, dont want my therapist to explain it, I just enjoy it. :smiley:

Conley
12-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Made garlic mashed potatoes over the weekend. Basically fresh mashed (peels on), tons o'garlic and probably twice the salt I normally add.

Fantastic shit.

Keeping the skin is key....made some kick ass roasted yams a couple of times lately. With herbs de Provance (?), brought back from France. I think I had posted with Peter about that? Dude knows his spices. Heck if I know. But yeah keeping the skin is key IMO

Captain Obvious
12-06-2012, 10:39 PM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/melonb/Smell-my-finger-boys.jpg

Chloe
12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
This is all very disturbing but at the same time it's hard not to look

Chloe
12-06-2012, 10:58 PM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/melonb/Smell-my-finger-boys.jpg

Poor alice. I don't think walt disney had this in mind when he made that movie :wink:

She was always my favorite disney character growing up since she most closely looked like me. You've ruined it for me now

Chloe
12-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Dinnertime for me. And no I will not have garlic or parsley because you guys ruined that too.

Captain Obvious
12-06-2012, 11:12 PM
This is all very disturbing but at the same time it's hard not to look

My wife has said the same thing a few times.

Captain Obvious
12-07-2012, 12:22 AM
I don't mind the smell, kind of enjoy it actually.

So much innuendo, so little time.

patrickt
12-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Garlic keeps vampires away and parsley tends to keep me away.

Mister D
12-07-2012, 08:40 AM
I just missed the ramp deadline last year.

oceanloverOH
12-07-2012, 10:10 PM
When I wake up the next day even my farts reek of garlic. Imagine, if you will, feces lightly sauteed with garlic and onions.

Mister D, I love you and all that.....but :tmi:

Mister D
12-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Mister D, I love you and all that.....but :tmi:

I keep it real!

Captain Obvious
12-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I keep it real smelly!

FTFY

:grin:

Mister D
12-07-2012, 10:17 PM
NIgga please...:afro:

Mister D
12-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Oly fug. I kept starting to post in the condom thread about my inability to get laid in HS and figured it was TMI...I guess I need to re-ass-ess.

I'm not sure I've eaten eight cloves in one sitting but thoroughly cooked I don't think I'd be farting too badly, and I put a lot of chili paste in most of these dishes anyhow, so...there are other issues. :grin:

Dry parsley, got it...you're making sense to me now sensai.

Also, Cap'n posting in here reminded me what ever happened with you two and the leeks? Is that something I should look into or is it just a variation on green onions from the local market?

I'm not sure what leads to the gas. The garlic? The olive oil? The greens? Not sure but I suspect the green leafy vegis.

Captain Obvious
12-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Plain garlic doesn't bother me, I can eat tons of it - raw, cooked, whatever.

Elephant garlic - I've used it a couple times. Good stuff, milder than regular garlic but dayum - I'm blowing exhaust out of my ass after eating it.

Mister D
12-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Plain garlic doesn't bother me, I can eat tons of it - raw, cooked, whatever.

Elephant garlic - I've used it a couple times. Good stuff, milder than regular garlic but dayum - I'm blowing exhaust out of my ass after eating it.

Interesting. I avoid it because it's so much milder.

Peter1469
12-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Poor alice. I don't think walt disney had this in mind when he made that movie :wink:

She was always my favorite disney character growing up since she most closely looked like me. You've ruined it for me now

So you are Chloe in Wonderland? That sounds about right. :grin: Once you get a job paying enough to get raped by the tax man I am sure that your politics will shift.

Peter1469
12-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Interesting. I avoid it because it's so much milder.

Is young garlic what they call it just as it is harvested? Before they let it dry out. That is very mild. Anyway I always cook with garlic.

Peter1469
12-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Keeping the skin is key....made some kick ass roasted yams a couple of times lately. With herbs de Provance (?), brought back from France. I think I had posted with Peter about that? Dude knows his spices. Heck if I know. But yeah keeping the skin is key IMOI

I still have lots of herb de Provence. Am running out of Turkish spices. Must go back to the Spice Market in Istanbul if anyone is interested. Looking at April time. Economy flights are cheap right now. $750 round trip. (I will be in business class so see you on the ground).

oceanloverOH
12-08-2012, 07:52 AM
I

I still have lots of herb de Provence. Am running out of Turkish spices. Must go back to the Spice Market in Istanbul if anyone is interested. Looking at April time. Economy flights are cheap right now. $750 round trip. (I will be in business class so see you on the ground).

Cheap - $750 round trip. To go to the Spice Market in Istanbul to pick up some spices????? Peter, are you independently wealthy or what? :notworthy:

Peter1469
12-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Cheap - $750 round trip. To go to the Spice Market in Istanbul to pick up some spices????? Peter, are you independently wealthy or what? :notworthy:

$750 to get to Istanbul? That is a bargain. And it isn't just the Spice Market. It is the ancient walls of Constantinople- they still stand in places! You can eat in restaurants in structures that are 5 times older than the USA. I have been inside the Hagia Sophia and searched for and found the graffiti left by the Viking mercenaries that served the emperor. On the railings of the higher levels above the floor under the great dome. Down there is the very spot where Eastern Roman emperors were crowned for over 1000 years. Byzantine was a light in the darkness after western Rome fell to the barbarians. And the great city fell to the Muslims in 1453. After the walls were breached, the last emperor threw off his imperial regalia and drew his sword and ran into his last battle.

I am not wealthy, but I have no kids. Nobody to take care of when I am gone. And I didn't buy more house than I can afford. My mortgage (with property taxes and condo fees) is about 24% of my take home pay. I have friends who are well over 50%. So I travel.

Chloe
12-08-2012, 10:46 AM
So you are Chloe in Wonderland? That sounds about right. :grin: Once you get a job paying enough to get raped by the tax man I am sure that your politics will shift.

Hey my wonderland isn't that unrealistic. If more people thought like me the world would be a better place I would imagine :)

Mister D
12-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Is young garlic what they call it just as it is harvested? Before they let it dry out. That is very mild. Anyway I always cook with garlic.

I even add it to my eggs from time to time.

Peter1469
12-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Hey my wonderland isn't that unrealistic. If more people thought like me the world would be a better place I would imagine :)

Promise to keep in touch. I want to know what your position is when you are paying taxes. :laugh: