PDA

View Full Version : New California declares 'independence' from California in bid to become 51st state

Chris
01-16-2018, 03:23 PM
Go for it, hope they succeed and secede.

New California declares 'independence' from California in bid to become 51st state (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/16/new-california-declares-independence-california-bid-become-51st-state/1036681001/)

The founders of New California took an early step toward statehood Monday with the reading of their own Declaration of Independence from California, a state they describe as "ungovernable."

Their solution: Take over most of current-day California — including many rural counties — and leave the coastal urban areas to themselves.

"The current state of California has become governed by a tyranny," the group, led in part by vice chairman Robert Paul Preston, declared in a document published online.

The split would look something like this, per the group:

https://i.snag.gy/7PxchD.jpg

jigglepete
01-16-2018, 05:27 PM
This reminds me of the small Vermont town (miles and miles from the border) that made a bid to secede to New Hampsire. This was just a few years ago I still giggle a bit when I think about it...

gamewell45
01-16-2018, 05:58 PM
Go for it, hope they succeed and secede.

New California declares 'independence' from California in bid to become 51st state (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/16/new-california-declares-independence-california-bid-become-51st-state/1036681001/)

I would assume that they'll have to notify congress of their decision.

Chris
01-16-2018, 06:15 PM

Only if they want to join the Union. :D

Orion Rules
01-16-2018, 06:39 PM
The U.S. Congress is being informed as of now this is happening. There is the right of secession, as the 10th pertains to the same type of circumstances the 10th Amendment was written for, and that is the people have declared that same right of secession, as it was penned down then, it is the same kind of throne.

Their concepts are mold one, that when the governors and state magistrates think they know it all about everyone at once, who all have symbolic value well above all of their grand ideas, that central management can never care for, it is time to move away from such bureaucratic contempt for the right to own.

1776 only won us the time. We keep the same Bill of Rights to implement a new Federation of Stone, that within every great society that once was, the best ideas come from the people themselves, who are suffering or prospering under those same conditions they say the government at present is blatantly misrepresenting.

CUT California Utah Texas their half of what they make on their own without government assistance of any type, save the typical dollar deflated, worth zero, essentially bankrupt, can't hold its own, must shut down protecting the borders as it sends soldiers to more accomplishments, that give the people only newer mourning.

Peter1469
01-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Only if they want to join the Union. :D

They do.

jimmyz
01-16-2018, 07:30 PM
Since the number 1 and 2 cash crops for California are in the "secessionist" boundaries I doubt the Progs in Sacramento would be fine with it. I'm still alright with a 1500 foot tsunami taking out the Coast dwellers though with the receding waters depositing the corpses on Mexican shores.

Orion Rules
01-16-2018, 08:26 PM
Since the number 1 and 2 cash crops for California are in the "secessionist" boundaries I doubt the Progs in Sacramento would be fine with it. I'm still alright with a 1500 foot tsunami taking out the Coast dwellers though with the receding waters depositing the corpses on Mexican shores.Then the flash flood will hit the same tenant of another area wanting this.

Never mess with the dweller who practices Egyptian magic.