PDA

View Full Version : Marines Outraged Over Occupy Wall Street Attack

jgreer
10-27-2011, 10:14 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/27/us/occupy-wall-street/?hpt=us_c1

(CNN) -- More Occupy Wall Street protests were scheduled in New York on Thursday, a day after demonstrators marched to support an Iraq war veteran who was hurt in California.

Hundreds packed the streets near Manhattan's Union Square on Wednesday in a march in support of veteran Scott Olsen. At least 10 people were arrested in clashes with officers, a New York police spokesman said.

Olsen suffered a skull fracture Tuesday night after allegedly being shot in the head with a police projectile in Oakland, California, according to Iraq Veterans Against the War.

The former Marine has become another rallying cry for the Occupy Wall Street protests spreading throughout the country.

This is a man who is fighting for your freedoms! Stand up and support him! Stop the Police Brutality!

Mister D
10-27-2011, 10:17 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/27/us/occupy-wall-street/?hpt=us_c1

(CNN) -- More Occupy Wall Street protests were scheduled in New York on Thursday, a day after demonstrators marched to support an Iraq war veteran who was hurt in California.

Hundreds packed the streets near Manhattan's Union Square on Wednesday in a march in support of veteran Scott Olsen. At least 10 people were arrested in clashes with officers, a New York police spokesman said.

Olsen suffered a skull fracture Tuesday night after allegedly being shot in the head with a police projectile in Oakland, California, according to Iraq Veterans Against the War.

The former Marine has become another rallying cry for the Occupy Wall Street protests spreading throughout the country.

This is a man who is fighting for your freedoms! Stand up and support him! Stop the Police Brutality!

Yawn.

Mister D
10-27-2011, 10:18 AM
The Marines are outraged? ???

jgreer
10-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Please have a little respect for our military.

jgreer
10-27-2011, 10:20 AM

Yes, Marines are very upset. Google for Scott Olson and you will see what I mean.

Conley
10-27-2011, 10:22 AM
It's Olsen by the way. At least get his name right! Sheesh.

jgreer
10-27-2011, 10:28 AM
The point is that the Right can't smear this as being an all lefty demonstration. These are real men and women some of whom have already fought for this country in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now we must support him and put an end to police brutality that is happening all over the country.

Mister D
10-27-2011, 10:31 AM

Yes, Marines are very upset. Google for Scott Olson and you will see what I mean.

I see no evidence in your article that the Marines are upset. It's my job to do your homework?

Mister D
10-27-2011, 10:32 AM
The point is that the Right can't smear this as being an all lefty demonstration. These are real men and women some of whom have already fought for this country in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now we must support him and put an end to police brutality that is happening all over the country.

It's not a lefty demonstration because a former marine is in it? Huh?

jgreer
10-27-2011, 10:39 AM

Stop twisting my words you know exactly what I mean. This is a movement that consists of all kinds of people. Nothing to say about police brutality? You think they should be able to brain people whenever they want? Do your own homework :)

Mister D
10-27-2011, 10:44 AM

Stop twisting my words you know exactly what I mean. This is a movement that consists of all kinds of people. Nothing to say about police brutality? You think they should be able to brain people whenever they want? Do your own homework :)

I see no indication that any brutality was involved.

jgreer
10-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Hello? Fractured skull? Where is your love for the military now? You don't have any it is all politics for you you are very obvious.

Mister D
10-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Hello? Fractured skull? Where is your love for the military now? You don't have any it is all politics for you you are very obvious.

Sorry, but "Olsen" isn't "the military". lol This was a truly sad attempt to redeem yourself. Pathetic actually. :D

In any case, did a policeman crack his skull with a club? What happened? did they need tio dispoerse the crowd? Do you even know? :D

Mister D
10-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Your title is a lie.

jgreer
10-27-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't need to redeem myself! You don't even make any sense! WTF man.

The MARINES are the MILiTARY ask your friends here we'll see what the Midwest Media Critic thinks about you badmouthing our men and women!

jgreer
10-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Your title is a lie.

NO IT ISNT

jgreer
10-27-2011, 11:11 AM
wrong again look at this

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/10/26/1030350/-OccupyOakland:-OccupyMARINES-Action-for-Scott-%7B-of-UpDatesVigils-Tonight-Oct-27%7D?via=tag

Elibe
10-27-2011, 11:18 AM
calm down dude its ok

Mister D
10-27-2011, 11:22 AM
:D

I'll need the details before I will make any determination about "police brutality". Secondly, I see no evidence tha "the Marines" are outraged. Just you.

Conley
10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Well I do see another Marine in a photo via the link. So that's one.

Mister D
10-27-2011, 11:29 AM

I can buy that. Let's change the title to "Two Marines Outraged Over Occupy Wall Street Attack". of course I'm not sure if the police acted responsibly or not...

jgreer
10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Do any of you read?

Oct. 27, 2011, 4:55 AM - Marines around the world are outraged by the injuries inflicted by police on Scott Olsen at Tuesday's Occupy Oakland protests.

Thats from the link.

jgreer
10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
It is all over Facebook too. Hundreds of Marines and other soldiers upset.

Conley
10-27-2011, 11:41 AM

I can buy that. Let's change the title to "Two Marines Outraged Over Occupy Wall Street Attack". of course I'm not sure if the police acted responsibly or not...

I think he got hit by a tear gas canister. I doubt it was intentional, I don't think a tear gas launcher s even designed to hit a target (no sights, etc.)

Mister D
10-27-2011, 11:42 AM

I think he got hit by a tear gas canister. I doubt it was intentional, I don't think a tear gas launcher s even designed to hit a target (no sights, etc.)

So we can put this brutlaity nonsense to rest. Well, with that resolved...who cares?

Mister D
10-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Do any of you read?

Oct. 27, 2011, 4:55 AM - Marines around the world are outraged by the injuries inflicted by police on Scott Olsen at Tuesday's Occupy Oakland protests.

Thats from the link.

Oct. 27, 2011, 4:55 AM - Marines around the world are outraged by the injuries inflicted by police on Scott Olsen at Tuesday's Occupy Oakland protests. The following picture is taken from the Reddit thread "How I feel, as a United States Marine, about what occurred in Oakland."
This man is not alone. In the five hours since the thread went up there have been over 600 comments.

:D

jgreer
10-27-2011, 11:51 AM
You would laugh at someone in critical condition, someone who almost died for your freedom.

If you shoot a gun right in front of someone's face it is going to hit them. Don't be stupid. You can see from the photo taken right before there was no violence.

Mister D
10-27-2011, 11:55 AM
You would laugh at someone in critical condition, someone who almost died for your freedom.

If you shoot a gun right in front of someone's face it is going to hit them. Don't be stupid. You can see from the photo taken right before there was no violence.

He almost died for my freedom? Say what? ??? :D

Elibe
10-27-2011, 11:56 AM
come on guys

no body deserves to get shot in the head if they are demonstrating this is america and part of free speech

Mister D
10-27-2011, 11:56 AM
come on guys

no body deserves to get shot in the head if they are demonstrating this is america and part of free speech

No one suggested that.

Mister D
10-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Basically, some guy got hit in the head with a tear gas canister while attending a demonstration that pparentkly got out of control. This is not a story.

Elibe
10-27-2011, 11:59 AM
come on guys

No one suggested that.

i mean the joking about it and such

Mister D
10-27-2011, 12:02 PM
come on guys

No one suggested that.

The joking is more about greer than this fellow.

Conley
10-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Yes, we are laughing at jgreer and his histrionics, not Olsen.

Conley
10-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Basically, some guy got hit in the head with a tear gas canister while attending a demonstration that pparentkly got out of control. This is not a story.

I think it's definitely a story but to suggest the Marines are up in arms is just a blatant misrepresentation. It's unfortunate on the heels of jgreer's actions yesterday.

Elibe
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
come on guys

No one suggested that.

The joking is more about greer than this fellow.

thanks

Mister D
10-27-2011, 12:31 PM

I think it's definitely a story but to suggest the Marines are up in arms is just a blatant misrepresentation. It's unfortunate on the heels of jgreer's actions yesterday.

You risk this sort of thing when attending a demonstration, IMO

Conley
10-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, accidents happen. Worse than that happens in Oakland every day. :(

Mister D
10-27-2011, 12:44 PM

True. You're not only in a demonstration but you're in Oakland to boot!

MMC
10-27-2011, 02:01 PM

True. You're not only in a demonstration but you're in Oakland to boot!

So what you are saying is.....

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1343060844418&id=cf91592e75ecd539ae36f8f9203f108c&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ice-dotcom.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2010%2f10%2fKeebler-Elf-e1286812441265.jpg

It's Not Keebler turf? O0

Conley
10-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Those elves always gave me the creeps. I don't want them touching my food. :D

MMC
10-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Those elves always gave me the creeps. I don't want them touching my food. :D

Those Fudge Rounds will due that to ya.....Huh? http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/smiley_ROFLMAO.gif http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/f_run.gif

Conley
10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
:D Yeah also I can't remember eating anything from Keebler that didn't taste like crap. :D I mean really, as an eight year old I probably could have made better cookies myself.

jgreer
10-27-2011, 05:08 PM
This is getting off topic. Lets go back to Marines protesting the unfair business practice in America.

Mister D
10-27-2011, 05:44 PM
This is getting off topic. Lets go back to Marines protesting the unfair business practice in America.

Who cares if there is a marine (singular, Greer) protesting? Who cares if there are dozens of marines protesting? What is this supposed to mean? ???

Conley
10-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Seriously, no one else thinks those Keebler products are nasty? >:( >:( :D

I would protest those elves. Taking jobs away from humans. What is up with that?

MMC
10-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Seriously, no one else thinks those Keebler products are nasty? >:( >:( :D

I would protest those elves. Taking jobs away from humans. What is up with that?

<<<<< Mocking Childress.....Only Exterterrestrials could have powers like that. To have God like Powers. To have the technology to make soft batch cookies where all other cookies ever made were hard. Prior to that humans were into blood sacrifice and concerned about zombies and vampires. The dead rising back up and coming to haunt family members and friends.

<<<<<Georgio.....thats why when Winter Soltice came they left out the best cookies. So Santa would come. Leave some shitty ass cookies out there and Santa was turned into Satan, and then it was your azz. :D ;D

The good news is.....getting back to the Marines. All know Heaven is full of the Heroes. ;)

Conley
10-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Mocking Childress? You talking about the old Minnesota Vikings coach? :D :D :D

Those Soft Batch cookies are disgusting. Must be the elf pee that makes them so soggy.

MMC
10-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Mocking Childress? You talking about the old Minnesota Vikings coach? :D :D :D

Those Soft Batch cookies are disgusting. Must be the elf pee that makes them so soggy.

Fergie - Fergalicious (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T0utQ-XWGY#)

Trust him he knows about this Fergilicious stuff. ;D http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/roflmao.gif

Conley
10-27-2011, 06:43 PM
:D Fergie is a petri dish that has become self-aware :o