PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton Says God Told Him He Would Hit a Home Run

Conley
10-28-2011, 02:59 PM
ST. LOUIS, Mo. -- Josh Hamilton said God told him he'd hit a homer Thursday night. But that's the only promise he received.

Hamilton's towering home run into the Busch Stadium lights in the top of the 10th inning pushed the Texas Rangers to a 9-7 lead and moved the franchise for a second time in two innings to the precipice of its first World Series championship.

But the prize ultimately was yanked away when St. Louis third baseman David Freese hit a walk-off homer in the 11th for a 10-9 win.

Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton on how divine intervention took over when he stepped to the plate in the 10th inning.

Hamilton, who has been playing this postseason with a painful muscle pull or tear in his groin or maybe his abdomen, said divine intervention took over when he stepped to the plate in the 10th.

"He told me, 'You haven't hit one in a while, and this is the time you're going to,' " said Hamilton, who had gone 65 at-bats in the postseason without a home run. "You know what? I probably had the most relaxed, peaceful at-bat I've had of the whole series at that moment. It's pretty cool. You ought to try it sometime."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/7159892/2011-world-series-texas-rangers-josh-hamilton-says-god-called-hr

What do you think? I believe in God but I just can't wrap my brain around actually having a conversation with him. To me it sounds like Hamilton's got a mental illness. :D Maybe if it were a conversation about life and death, but a conversation about baseball? I try not judge but that just seems kooky.

Mister D
10-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Not sure what he means by "told". If he heard voices... :-X

Conley
10-28-2011, 03:23 PM

Yeah, in the linked article it sounds like Josh and God had a whole conversation about it.

Now honestly, if I was at work and told people that God told me to update from Microsoft Word 2007 to Microsoft Word 2010, don't you think I'd be going to the looney bin shortly thereafter? :D I mean yeah people are more into his job than mine but that just sounds cuckoo cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Mister D
10-28-2011, 03:42 PM

Yeah, in the linked article it sounds like Josh and God had a whole conversation about it.

Now honestly, if I was at work and told people that God told me to update from Microsoft Word 2007 to Microsoft Word 2010, don't you think I'd be going to the looney bin shortly thereafter? :D I mean yeah people are more into his job than mine but that just sounds cuckoo cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

I've had weird and otheriwse inexplicable feelings before that something would work out in my favor but no conversations with God. I doubt that's what he meant though.

MMC
10-28-2011, 05:06 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1262218714472&id=829ac4a662af797219bb2719592c35b7&url=http%3a%2f%2f2.bp.blogspot.com%2f_8RLOdlrA7l4% 2fTOVxxlUgV6I%2fAAAAAAAAFAs%2fN6XULS-4yEE%2fs1600%2fBill%2bBirnes.png

Bill says it was Demonic ET's and that they were using thought control. because they bet they could make the series go to 7. Because there are 7 days in a week and the longitude and the latitude equal 34 degrees parallel to Where Cardinals stadium is.....It had to be aliens who first broke down 7 to get 3 and 4. >:D :P

Conley
10-28-2011, 05:15 PM
:D :D :D

God may be cheering for the Rangers but the Aliens are pulling for the Cardinals, is that what you're telling me? I had no idea baseball was so important in the universe.

MMC
10-28-2011, 05:23 PM

God may be cheering for the Rangers but the Aliens are pulling for the Cardinals, is that what you're telling me? I had no idea baseball was so important in the universe.

Cmon now.....why do you think planets are round and not square. ;)

Conley
10-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Hmm...maybe because Josh and God talked it over and decided that was how they'd be?

jgreer
10-28-2011, 09:00 PM

I've had weird and otheriwse inexplicable feelings before that something would work out in my favor but no conversations with God. I doubt that's what he meant though.

Soory i shouldn't have said that.

Mister D
10-28-2011, 09:06 PM

Soory i shouldn't have said that.

Huh?

jgreer
10-28-2011, 09:09 PM
I changed what I wrote.

I am not going to respond to your attacks with my own. I am better than that.

Mister D
10-28-2011, 09:13 PM
I changed what I wrote.

I am not going to respond to your attacks with my own. I am better than that.

1. You "attack" me by your own admission
2. You edit your comment letting me know that you attacked me but you edited your "attack" out
3. I ask you what the heck you are talking about
4. You say you won't respond to my attacks
5. LOL

jgreer
10-28-2011, 09:19 PM
See what I mean?

You are always following me around and starting problems. And you say you hear the voice of God. I don't want problems with you. Also I never said I taccked you.

Mister D
10-28-2011, 09:28 PM
See what I mean?

You are always following me around and starting problems. And you say you hear the voice of God. I don't want problems with you. Also I never said I taccked you.

No, I don't see what you mean. You attack me and I'm following you around? What? ??? :D

I don't hear the voice of God.

jgreer
10-28-2011, 09:34 PM
When did I ever attack you? Never that's when. Anyway I think we should let it go. This isn;t doing anyone any favors.

Conley
10-28-2011, 09:38 PM
:roflmao:

I agree with you jgreer, let it go, lie down and sleep it off. You might make more sense sober and after a good night's sleep. Then again maybe not. :D

Mister D
10-28-2011, 09:38 PM
When did I ever attack you? Never that's when. Anyway I think we should let it go. This isn;t doing anyone any favors.

Are you drunk, greer? No worries, bro. Politirant is a booze soaked forum or at least it has been in the past.

Mister D
10-28-2011, 09:39 PM

I agree with you jgreer, let it go, lie down and sleep it off. You might make more sense sober and after a good night's sleep. Then again maybe not. :D

No biggie We've all been there. :D

Conley
10-28-2011, 09:40 PM

Are you drunk, greer? No worries, bro. Politirant is a booze soaked forum or at least it has been in the past.

Jgreer is inspiring me to work on my buzz. O0

Conley
10-28-2011, 09:41 PM

:D True but it's more fun when other people make jackasses of themselves rather than me doing it myself. To his credit I guess he was smart enough to edit his comment. Wish I could've done that in real life a few times. ;)

Mister D
10-28-2011, 09:42 PM

Jgreer is inspiring me to work on my buzz. O0

We've had some alcohol soaked shit shows here in the past. Wow. ;D

Conley
10-28-2011, 09:43 PM
:rofl: Yep, and maybe again some day. We're all so old and mature now though :( Heck even Spunk has a great job, a nice place, an SUV for crying out loud.

We need some fresh blood. ;D

Mister D
10-28-2011, 09:44 PM

:D True but it's more fun when other people make jackasses of themselves rather than me doing it myself. To his credit I guess he was smart enough to edit his comment. Wish I could've done that in real life a few times. ;)

But why tell me about it? :D Just make something up and calll it a night.

Mister D
10-28-2011, 09:44 PM
:rofl: Yep, and maybe again some day. We're all so old and mature now though :( Heck even Spunk has a great job, a nice place, an SUV for crying out loud.

Spunk has an SUV!? ??? >:( He better be packin'. Well, you know what I mean...

Conley
10-28-2011, 09:45 PM
:D Well drinking does impair judgment. Just sayin'

Conley
10-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Yup, technically a Blazer is an SUV. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Blazer

Mister D
10-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Yup, technically a Blazer is an SUV. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Blazer

Next thing you know he'll be a soccer mom. >:( >:(

Conley
10-28-2011, 09:50 PM
And complaining about taxes! :o

MMC
10-28-2011, 11:30 PM

Well if you see what he put up in one of the girls threads.....I don't think he has a problem with packin. ::)

Mister D
10-29-2011, 09:11 AM

Well if you see what he put up in one of the girls threads.....I don't think he has a problem with packin. ::)

:D

Conley
10-29-2011, 09:16 AM
I hope we're talking about packing bowls? >:D >:D ;D

Mister D
10-29-2011, 09:19 AM

Or the Green Bay Packers... :-\

Conley
10-29-2011, 09:21 AM

I don't have a problem with gays.

I do have a problem with Packer fans.

O0

Mister D
10-29-2011, 09:40 AM

I don't have a problem with gays.

I do have a problem with Packer fans.

O0

Grumpy was a Packer fan. :o

Conley
10-29-2011, 09:47 AM
He "was" ?

:o :o ;D

That's one of the many issues Grump needs to address once he returns. That and why he keep talking Chess smack with a 1-9 record. >:D

Mister D
10-29-2011, 09:50 AM
He "was" ?

:o :o ;D

That's one of the many issues Grump needs to address once he returns. That and why he keep talking Chess smack with a 1-9 record. >:D

Pardon me...is a Packers fan. ;)

I can't answer for the chess.

MMC
10-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Thats if he ever plans on posting up again here. :-\

Mister D
10-29-2011, 06:01 PM

He still logs in. Maybe he thinks the chess pieces will be in different places if he waits long enough. ;D

Just kidding, Grump! :o

Conley
10-29-2011, 06:36 PM

He still logs in. Maybe he thinks the chess pieces will be in different places if he waits long enough. ;D

Just kidding, Grump! :o