PDA

View Full Version : President Nixon Deserves Respect

elvisroy0000
12-19-2012, 09:08 AM
let us Not Forget Nixon pulled us out of Vietnam,under Nixon Unemployement was around 5.5 % Nixon did not do a Bad Job. his only crime was Lying, he was not trying to Fundementally Change us we do not need to be changed, we need Jobs . we need freedom,
we need our Constitution Respected.i will Take Richard Nixon over Carter, or Obama everyday
and twice on Sunday.now Nixon did take us off Gold Standard Partially, Carter took us the Rest of the way off. Ronald Reagans America http://elvisroy0000city.blogspot.com/ (http://elvisroy0000city.blogspot.com/)

roadmaster
12-19-2012, 09:11 AM
let us Not Forget Nixon pulled us out of Vietnam Yes he did.

Cigar
12-19-2012, 09:41 AM
So under your own standards,

Presidents who pull our troops out from War deserve Respect?
Presidents who don't lie to put our troops into War deserve Respect?

roadmaster
12-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Was it right for him to lie, no. It was time to bring our troops home and I am glad he did.

roadmaster
12-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Obama should also bring all troops home.

hanger4
12-19-2012, 06:11 PM
So under your own standards,

Presidents who pull our troops out from War deserve Respect?
Presidents who don't lie to put our troops into War deserve Respect?

I don't believe Roosevelt actually lied to get us in WWII

Peter1469
12-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Of course he did. Lies of omission. The vast majority of Americans wanted nothing to do with anther European war. (Asia was an after thought). FDR ran as anti war. As WWII increased, FDR knew that he wanted in. But Americans did not. He did all sorts of things to cause war, the biggest was cutting off American flow of oil to Japan. That set the stage for Pearl Harbor. FDR knew he was pushing Japan into war; he didn't know the specifics.

Deadwood
12-19-2012, 06:19 PM
let us Not Forget Nixon pulled us out of Vietnam,under Nixon Unemployement was around 5.5 % Nixon did not do a Bad Job. his only crime was Lying, he was not trying to Fundementally Change us we do not need to be changed, we need Jobs . we need freedom,
we need our Constitution Respected.i will Take Richard Nixon over Carter, or Obama everyday
and twice on Sunday.now Nixon did take us off Gold Standard Partially, Carter took us the Rest of the way off. Ronald Reagans America http://elvisroy0000city.blogspot.com/ (http://elvisroy0000city.blogspot.com/)

Interesting in the historical aspect that someone, obviously of a generation that was not alive at the time, would, based on historical information support Nixon over Obama...

His only crime was lying?

No that was the only crime on which he was nailed. He lied under oath.

There is more than prima face evidence that Nixon approved hush money to the Watergate burglars which is fraud, obstruction of justice and bad manners, that he conspired to obstruct justice by counseling others to lie, that he committed fraud and conspired in advance of the Watergate Break in, destroyed evidence and was ugly in a public place.

In short, enough criminal behavior to do serious time, perhaps life.

Yeah, he got the US out of Nam, too little too late and left the people of South Vietnam to suffer and die at the hands of the communists.

Obama won't pull out of Afghanistan for that reason. he didn't start it and he doesn't want to be nailed as the guy who bailed on the democratic people's republic of Afghanistan or whatever they are calling themselves these days..

Peter1469
12-19-2012, 06:22 PM
The Watergate "burglars" had to go back several times and act more and more incompletely just to get caught.... They were professionals, just not profession burglars.

Deadwood
12-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Of course he did. Lies of omission. The vast majority of Americans wanted nothing to do with anther European war. (Asia was an after thought). FDR ran as anti war. As WWII increased, FDR knew that he wanted in. But Americans did not. He did all sorts of things to cause war, the biggest was cutting off American flow of oil to Japan. That set the stage for Pearl Harbor. FDR knew he was pushing Japan into war; he didn't know the specifics.

You are absolutely right about that. Just prior to Pearl Harbor the American people were divided 50/50 on the war. In fact as many people wanted into the war against Britain as did those who wanted a war against Germany.

The oil embargo was seen at the time as an "act of war", where the Japanese screwed up was that did not force the Americans use military force to support it...and thus is give them cause.

Deadwood
12-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Richard Nixon deserves about as much respect as I have for the dog shit I picked up on my shoe this morning.

roadmaster
12-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Because I was alive back then, it was said he came close to pushing the button. Don't know if that true or not.

Deadwood
12-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Because I was alive back then, it was said he came close to pushing the button. Don't know if that true or not.

That was a rumor put out in the dying days of the Nixon administration.

It has been strongly denied by many, including Henry Kissinger in his auto biography.

Once our generation dies off, a lot of his corruption will be forgotten like so many other presidents, Grant, Harrison et alia....

What history will know him for is not the end of the Vietnam war nor Watergate...but his visit to China.....

that was the single most significant aspect of his entire adminstration.

9/11 was an inside job
12-28-2012, 02:12 PM

Respect my ass.You must be related to him or something.thats the only thing that makes any sense why you would make such a a dumb thread like this.

Yeah we should respect a man who as vice president under Eisenhower,ran covert operations for the CIA in indonisia and murdered many civilians,we should respect a mass murderer who murdered not only many civilians in vietnam expanding the war with his secret bombing of cambodia doing so to get the american people attention away from the watergate scandal he was involved in,we should respect a man who ran the CIA's military coup of Salvador Allende and put in a dictater in power who murderer millions Pinochet.

and speaking of running assassinations,he along with Johnson was involved in the kenendy assassination.Got to youtube.com and type in THE JFK/BUSH connection.

His pal Bush sr was involved as well.the evidence in that video is overwhelming. oh and ignore what the cowardly posters who will come on here and say youtube videos prove nothing.they are afraid of the truth and thats their cowardly excuse they use to ignore the evidence.

It was not the vietcong or the NVA that murdered those 58,000 people.It was Nixon and his long time pal and friend Johnson who murdered all those americans along with the millions of innocent vietnamese civilians that were babies and children.

and it wasnt Nixon that ended the war,it was the american people that ended the war.Those vietnam veterans and hippes marching the streets of washington is what forced congress to end the war.If Nixon had has his way,the war would have gone on for four more years while he was in office.He could have ended the war in 1969 for years before it was ended if he had wanted to but he sabotoged the paris peace talks that were scheduled to take place and extended it another four more years.

Oh and I sure am grateful he lost the election to Kennedy in 1960 as EVERY american should be.If Dick Nixon had got elected in 1960 we would have had a nuclear war with the russians.JFK learned from his mistakes in the bay of pigs invasion not to listen to the military and CIA anymore so after that disaster,he stopped listening to them and when the cuban missile crisis occured,he leaned on Bobby and listened to his aides instead.he did not bomb the hell out of them like the military wanted him to do.

If Nixon had been elected,he would have gone in and bombed them like the CIA and the military wanted him to do.He said so in later years himself that he would have gone in and bombed them.He would have gone in and bombed them and would have started WWIII.Oh and like you said,he only took us off the gold standard and were only paying for it now today as we speak.

I have no sympathay for this bastard and mass murderer.He is lying next to Hitler in hell right now where he belongs.

When Dick Nixon died,I proudly held up a sign and said-Horray,lets party.Nixons dead.

9/11 was an inside job
12-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Richard Nixon deserves about as much respect as I have for the dog shit I picked up on my shoe this morning.

amen to that.we actually agree on something.