PDA

View Full Version : Missouri man to be released after nearly 20 years in prison

roadmaster
05-14-2018, 09:01 PM
https://storage.googleapis.com/afs-prod/media/media:d25e129c6e2748f6adcb878ff3fc4c9a/800.jpeg

During the trial, prosecutors presented no physical evidence linking Robinson to the crime and two witnesses who placed him at the scene recanted. Another man, Romanze Mosby, confessed to the murder to several people in 2004 but refused to sign an affidavit to make the confession official. He killed himself in his jail cell five years later and his confession was never introduced as evidence.
Massey was appointed to study the case after an investigation by the Southeast Missourian in Cape Girardeau raised questions about the conviction, particularly the actions of the lead investigator, Sikeston detective John Blakely. The newspaper investigation found that Blakely knew Mosby was a suspect before the case went to trial but did not investigate the lead. In court testimony, Blakely denied that he framed Robinson.

https://apnews.com/affcacb24ead44e0b9d6ec7f2a2c7166?utm_medium=APCent ralRegion&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

Dr. Who
05-14-2018, 10:21 PM
Sad, so much of this man's life wasted in prison.

roadmaster
05-14-2018, 11:24 PM
Sad, so much of this man's life wasted in prison. Yes the whole time knowing you are innocent of that crime anyway.

Dr. Who
05-14-2018, 11:28 PM
Yes the whole time knowing you are innocent of that crime anyway.
I don't know if he had priors, but being incarcerated for something you didn't do has got to eat away at you.

roadmaster
05-14-2018, 11:36 PM
I don't know if he had priors, but being incarcerated for something you didn't do has got to eat away at you. Yea he had many priors but not murder. The close he got to murder was armed robbery. The guy wasn't a saint and I am sure that helped the prosecutor pin this crime on him.

Dr. Who
05-14-2018, 11:44 PM
Yea he had many priors but not murder. The close he got to murder was armed robbery. The guy wasn't a saint and I am sure that helped the prosecutor pin this crime on him.
Unfortunately, expediency often takes precedence over justice.